Newcomer to pet battle, rate this team :)

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Asuz
Realm:Aggramar-us
Newcomer to pet battle, rate this team :)

Post by Asuz » December 31st, 2012, 2:31 pm

Hello all! So I just renewed my account and im starting to collect and battle my pets (obviously) and I've hit a bit of a block when it comes to a balanced team composition. I used to be into competitive Poke'mon so this seemed right up my alley, but I decided to run it by community to see how it looks to everyone else.

Anubisith Idol - Nicknamed him Set, and he is just a beast. I was lucky enough to get him on my first Twin Emps run and have never looked back, definatly my centerpeice. I run him with Crush, Reflection, and Sandstorm.

Magical Crawdad - Nicknamed him Citizen Snips. I heard this guy was really good, so I picked him up for cheap on the AH. I plan on running him with Surge, Shell Shield, and Wish.

Soul of the Aspects - Nicked named him Tiamat(original I know). Using this little guy because I'm pretty sure Call of Darkness teams will counter me pretty hard...so I can always swap to him for the 100% stuns in the dark. I plan on running Breath, Reflection, and Surge of Light.

Tell me what you think :)

Zaelo
Pet Score:5086
Realm:Vek'nilash-us

Re: Newcomer to pet battle, rate this team :)

Post by Zaelo » December 31st, 2012, 2:58 pm

Good team

Im thinking you're wanting to pvp with that set up, which is great, but if you want to level them up (not sure if they are 25 already or not), you'd be better off switching Crush for Demolish on the Idol, Surge for Snap on the Crawdad, and Breat for Claw on the Soul of the Aspect. What is nice with your team is that you can be good vs players and good vs wild pets, depending which abilities you pick.

Ger
Pet Score:1985
Realm:Ysera-us

Re: Newcomer to pet battle, rate this team :)

Post by Ger » January 3rd, 2013, 5:11 pm

Soul of the Aspects is one of the best looking pets in my opinion, but isn't a breed 3 difficult for levelling?

If you are not interested in PvPing, is that breed 3 SotA a good choice for battles?

I would guess to some extent you can make any breed/pet work if you want to bad enough. I love Lil Tarecgosa's look too and she's a breed 17 which is somewhat more powerful so it's hard to pick SotA.