Uuna - continued story

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13896
Realm:Proudmoore-us
Uuna - continued story

Post by Quintessence » January 18th, 2018, 7:31 pm

For anyone curious, the WoW Secrets Discord server has made some progress in finding the continuation scenario for [pet]Uuna[/pet].

If you've collected this non-combat companion, you can follow the steps detailed in the #secret-progress channel on the Secrets server to get caught up. Note that there are spoilers!

https://discord.gg/wowsecrets

Alternatively, check out this [url=http://www.wowhead.com/uuna-storyline-a-dark-place]Wowhead guide[/url] for a detailed walkthrough.

PART 1 Process (taken from Secrets Discord), TL;DR version -- you'll need to perform the following steps in order (she has dialogue when you've correctly completed each step):
  • 1. Summon Uuna out. Wait until she emotes/says something and then target and emote the following: /whistle, /roar, /cry (for some players, it's unnecessary to wait and the whistle, roar and cry emotes can be performed immediately)
    2. Take Uuna to A'Dal in Shattrath.
    3. Take Uuna to Lake Falathim (Western Ashenvale) and stand in the beam of moonlight.
    4. Take Uuna to Nuu. It's a blue ragdoll located on one of the floating islands in Mac'Aree. Need to glide to reach it. She'll pick up the doll.
    5. Take Uuna to Bloodmyst Isle and stand near the table where Jessera of Mac'Aree is. She'll pick up the wand.
    6. Take Uuna to Shadowmoon Valley (Draenor) - coords are 56,41. She'll wear the flower crown. Wait for a few minutes before something terrible happens to Uuna. T_T
    7. Kill your character and talk to the Spirit Healer to find out how we can find/help Uuna.
    8. Head to Emerald Dragonshrine in Dragonblight and click on the black crystal inside the eye socket of one of the dragon skulls (eastern wall of the shrine).
    9. Transported to 'A Dark Place' scenario, you'll find her. Target her and /cheer, and then place down a campfire.
    10. Soul Eaters will come out of the shadows. Run into them to push them back. More and more will appear, getting closer and closer. Don't let them touch her. She'll start wanding a few of them that are close to chase them off, but eventually will cry out that she can't do it. Target and /hug her (I found a macro to /hug helps).

PS: Immediately after Step 6, Uuna cannot be summoned out anymore. She still appears in your Pet Journal, but you receive the error, "Uuna is missing" when you try to summon her. This is likely temporary, or at least until you find and save her.

You've saved her! But wait, there's more!
PART 2 Process, TL;DR version: World tour! Take Uuna to specific locations. Again, she'll say some dialogue once you've completed each step properly.
  • 1. Vale of Eternal Blossoms - the wall (8,58)
    2. Suramar - Nighthold entrance (uninstanced, 62,83)
    3. Dalaran - Krasus Landing (Broken Isles, 74,46)
    4. Dragonblight - Wyrmrest Temple (57,54)
    5. Mount Hyjal - near Keeper Remulos (59,24)
    6. Kun Lai - Everest Pinnacle (44,52)
    7. Burning Steppes - inside Blackrock Mountain (38,67)
    8. Shadowmoon Valley (Draenor) - Temple of Karabor (70,46)
Once you've completed all of the above, Uuna will keep her doll, wand, crown and sparkly light appearance. Plus she will hug you back when you emote /hug at her. :)
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Noel
Pet Score:13092
Realm:Kel'Thuzad-us

Re: Uuuna - continued story

Post by Noel » January 18th, 2018, 8:26 pm

This is really cool thanks!

And Uuna is missing! *worried look*

FuxieDK
Pet Score:13645
BattleTag®:FuxieDK#2678
Realm:Draenor-eu

Post by FuxieDK » January 19th, 2018, 12:42 am

Continued story??

I didn't even know there was a story to begin with..

Maybe I should look at this during the weekend..

Gráinne
Pet Score:13284
Realm:Magtheridon-eu

Post by Gráinne » January 19th, 2018, 5:27 am

Quintessence wrote:4. Take Uuna to Nuu. It's a blue ragdoll located on one of the floating islands in Mac'Aree. Need to glide to reach it.
I just died 5 times trying this. And when I say "just", I mean like within a foot of landing on the far platform. I don't think I got the line wrong, at least after the first time. I'm pretty sure I hit the Glider quickly enough, at least the last 3 times.

I don't know. Need Brulstone Idol back, maybe.

Quintessence
Site Admin

Post by Quintessence » January 19th, 2018, 6:08 am

Gráinne wrote:I just died 5 times trying this. And when I say "just", I mean like within a foot of landing on the far platform. I don't think I got the line wrong, at least after the first time. I'm pretty sure I hit the Glider quickly enough, at least the last 3 times.
I died multiple times trying to get to the island too haha. What helped was realizing that you don't need to run and jump to glide to get there. Head to the little island north of Nuu's location, go to the highest peak (the little bump of the main platform facing to Nuu's island) and then jump up (without a running start) and hit the glider. Was surprised that I didn't need a running start, and it seemed like I wouldn't make it but... guess I'm just terrible at gauging distances.
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

GormanGhaste
MVP
Pet Score:10398
Realm:Uldaman-us

Post by GormanGhaste » January 19th, 2018, 6:54 am

Does anyone have a picture of her new appearance to share?
Mingyao on Madoran

Quintessence
Site Admin

Post by Quintessence » January 19th, 2018, 7:03 am

Doll, wand, and crown!

She also has a new glow/shine after you save her from the darkness. It's not very apparent until she runs.

GormanGhaste
MVP
Pet Score:10398
Realm:Uldaman-us

Post by GormanGhaste » January 19th, 2018, 11:09 am

Ty!
Mingyao on Madoran

Gráinne

Post by Gráinne » January 19th, 2018, 11:34 am

Quintessence wrote:What helped was realizing that you don't need to run and jump to glide to get there.
Um. Guess that was it. When I didn't take a running start, it worked first time. Thanks!

FuxieDK
Pet Score:13645
BattleTag®:FuxieDK#2678
Realm:Draenor-eu

Post by FuxieDK » January 19th, 2018, 2:26 pm

Quintessence wrote:
Gráinne wrote:I just died 5 times trying this. And when I say "just", I mean like within a foot of landing on the far platform. I don't think I got the line wrong, at least after the first time. I'm pretty sure I hit the Glider quickly enough, at least the last 3 times.
I died multiple times trying to get to the island too haha. What helped was realizing that you don't need to run and jump to glide to get there. Head to the little island north of Nuu's location, go to the highest peak (the little bump of the main platform facing to Nuu's island) and then jump up (without a running start) and hit the glider. Was surprised that I didn't need a running start, and it seemed like I wouldn't make it but... guess I'm just terrible at gauging distances.
I did a running start on a Mammoth Mount (for extra starting height) and jumped..... Got there in first attempt.

Now, off to Bloodmyst Isle

Peanutty
Pet Score:9635
Realm:Kil'jaeden-us

Post by Peanutty » January 19th, 2018, 3:52 pm

Thanks for the screenshots Quint - darn that is pretty cute! Now I guess I gotta go do it too...

EDIT: I was also having issues getting to Nuu as a non-DH... ended up firing myself out of a Darkmoon Cannon and then gliding to land, sigh. Now stuck at the Nighthold part as Alliance still isn't fixed for that part of the chain.

Bai98_
Pet Score:8721
Realm:Skullcrusher-us

Re: Uuna - continued story

Post by Bai98_ » January 20th, 2018, 9:46 am

Can anyone give me a location for the flower crown that doesn't use coords? Just a hint like "it's near such and such a town" would help :D

Jdf1977
Pet Score:9139
Realm:Eitrigg-us

Post by Jdf1977 » January 20th, 2018, 9:57 am

Really bummed they haven't fixed the Nighthold bug for Alliance.

Gráinne

Post by Gráinne » January 20th, 2018, 10:22 am

Bai98_ wrote:Can anyone give me a location for the flower crown that doesn't use coords? Just a hint like "it's near such and such a town" would help :D
If you ride East, then South along the road from Embaari Village to the flight master at Path of Light

you cross a bridge and turn right shortly afterwards

not far after you turn right there is a small encampment on your right-hand side, with two Draenei structures, and Lumiel and Abatha.

http://ptr.wowhead.com/npc=82497/abatha

shows it on the map.

Bai98_
Pet Score:8721
Realm:Skullcrusher-us

Post by Bai98_ » January 20th, 2018, 4:59 pm

Gráinne wrote:
Bai98_ wrote:Can anyone give me a location for the flower crown that doesn't use coords? Just a hint like "it's near such and such a town" would help :D
If you ride East, then South along the road from Embaari Village to the flight master at Path of Light

you cross a bridge and turn right shortly afterwards

not far after you turn right there is a small encampment on your right-hand side, with two Draenei structures, and Lumiel and Abatha.

Thank you!!!! <3

Khorah
Pet Score:11506
BattleTag®:Khorah#1833
Realm:Medivh-us

Post by Khorah » January 22nd, 2018, 1:13 pm

That was awesome just to watch in Discord channel. Probably some of the most fun I have had in a while in WoW.

If you havent joined the Secrets Discord, it is worth hopping in :D

Quintessence
Site Admin

Post by Quintessence » January 22nd, 2018, 3:14 pm

Nighthold step in Uuna's World Tour should be fixed [url=https://twitter.com/Muffinus/status/955532053419769856]according to Feasel[/url].

Could an Alliance toon let us know if it's working now? Also if both Suramar achievements are necessary or if this step can be completed without Good Suramaritan and Insurrection?

Gráinne

Post by Gráinne » January 22nd, 2018, 7:03 pm

Confirmed. I completed Uuna's tour on an Alliance character that had completed Insurrection. The two guards in front of the Suramar stop were still hostile, but Uuna recognised the place and wanted to play princesses.

I did not think to test it on a character that had not completed Insurrection first. Sorry.

Uuna really needs to play with Pamela Redpath. First thing I did after completing the tour was make a beeline for Eastern Plaguelands, but the two girls didn't even wave at one another.

Koboi
Pet Score:5076
Realm:Die Aldor-eu

Post by Koboi » January 28th, 2018, 3:30 am

I keep failing in the dark scenario. I tried it so many times but I‘m always getting overwhelmed by the shadowy things. It’s frustrating. I’m reaching the point to let her rot in that hell forever. Does anyone have some tips how to succeed? I wish I could summon her again, I’d also promise to not make her jump through fire rings again once I got her back. At least, not that often.

Salus
Pet Score:8751
Realm:Hyjal-us

Post by Salus » January 28th, 2018, 6:13 am

Koboi wrote:I keep failing in the dark scenario. Does anyone have some tips how to succeed?
I experimented my first few times. I found being aggressive early worked better. You can get relatively far away from her at the beginning because if a Shadow does get close to Uuna, she'll use her wand to knock them away. I knocked the first couple spawns all the way back to the edge of the circle (they can't be knocked off).

Also, you should target her and have a macro made for the hug emote so you can use it as soon as possible after the "Uuna wraps her arms" line. Faster classes are obviously better, any +speed gear should also be used. You may want to get some old (lower level) boots and one of the old run speed enchants if you're still having trouble.