Items From Pet Battles

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Kirkus88
Pet Score:6040
Realm:Dalaran-us
Items From Pet Battles

Post by Kirkus88 » January 1st, 2018, 11:57 am

What are the chances of receiving an item when completing a random world pet battle? I don't recall getting anything in the past (I normally zone out when I'm on a pet battle spree), but last night when hunting to replace some pets with rare versions I got a flying pet upgrade stone. So it made me wonder, how often does this happen?

Peanutty
Pet Score:9635
Realm:Kil'jaeden-us

Re: Items From Pet Battles

Post by Peanutty » January 1st, 2018, 2:24 pm

It's fairly rare (probably under 1%) though I don't know if anyone has an exact number for it. I've done thousands of wild battles but have gotten maybe 2 dozen stones out of that.

Jerebear
Pet Score:13370
Realm:Llane-us

Post by Jerebear » January 1st, 2018, 2:38 pm

When I recorded it back in MoP days, I averaged 1/100 odds on stones from wild pet battles. That was from roughly 2500 battles. I don't know if it has changed since though
Carry Pet Experience Reference Guide:
http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=8829

Spinning
Top Rater
Pet Score:5763
Realm:Deathguard-eu

Post by Spinning » January 1st, 2018, 5:32 pm

You get leveling and upgrade stones, as well as pet charms from winning pvp pet battles too. I´ve just hit 1k pet charms solely from pvp battles. Also several hundred stones.

Gráinne
Pet Score:13284
Realm:Magtheridon-eu

Post by Gráinne » January 1st, 2018, 10:12 pm

While I haven't recorded figures, I'll also throw in a guess for a 1% chance to get a stone from a wild battle.

It may be higher from a tamer battle? I had an alt at Crysa daily for about 5 months, and got 6 stones in those ~150 days.

Bloodyknight
Pet Score:4284
Realm:Frostmourne-us

Post by Bloodyknight » January 31st, 2018, 5:13 am

Has anyone else recently noticed a dramatic increase in the number of items you get from PvP pet battles? It seems to be mainly stones (blue and yellow) and charms.

Before 7.3.5 I got them so infrequently the reported 1% drop rate here seems right. But now it probably feels like 25% or so.

Not sure if this is patch-related or Family Fighter related. I'm nearly finished with FF so I'll report back if I get higher than expected items.

Tekulve2018
Pet Score:12103
Realm:Stormrage-us

Post by Tekulve2018 » January 31st, 2018, 5:38 am

Hello all
This question has long been on battlers minds. I remember posting this very question 5 years back.

I completed around 300 battles this month leveling pets and earned 6 stones.(not including Pandaria tamer runs)
You can earn a stone in instances like wailing caverns which is nice.

Overall i say the drop rate seems up compared to the past rates.
Tekulve

Rosqo
Pet Score:9646
Realm:Silvermoon-eu

Post by Rosqo » January 31st, 2018, 7:27 am

I think it may be a combination of more queues in a weaker meta providing more wins in the same timeframe than before the patch that is leading to people receiving more rewards.

So as an example you might have only got 10 games in an hour before the patch and then only won 5 opposed to now having 30 games in an hour and winning 20. Even if you maintain the 50% ratio you’re still winning 3 times ad many games.

I have been thinking should the queue reward better items such as the call to arms bags or gold in addition to the charms/stones? I only say that as the most efficient way to farm charms/stones is probably killing mobs with the zookeeper enchant which imo just shouldnt be the case.