WEIRD EVENT while collecting - PLEASE HELP

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Moonshineheadach
Pet Score:4844
Realm:Fenris-us
WEIRD EVENT while collecting - PLEASE HELP

Post by Moonshineheadach » December 24th, 2017, 12:49 am

I'm sorry if I'm posting this in the wrong place, but I'm new to this forum and I recently had a really weird thing happen while collecting. I've searched everywhere and can't find an explanation. I was in Winterspring looking for Snowy Owls and at the farthest northern point near Saber Rock and I spotted a Black Tabby and Monkey pacing around. Above the Tabby the tag Alpine Hare appeared and when engaged it turned into a hare with poor health and speed. I had to catch it. Once captured, in my pet journal it maintains the black tabby toon. Same scenario with the monkey, but instead it was listed as an Alpine chipmunk. Has anyone ever seen this?

Neolarva
Top Rater
Pet Score:13728
Realm:Les Sentinelles-eu

Re: WEIRD EVENT while collecting - PLEASE HELP

Post by Neolarva » December 24th, 2017, 3:48 am

Mage with a glyph can metamorph critter (and battlepet) for 24h, you see the skin of the metamorph (like black cat / turtle / monkey...etc) but the pet stays the same.
You were trolled by a mage ^^

Gráinne
Pet Score:13284
Realm:Magtheridon-eu

Post by Gráinne » December 24th, 2017, 5:24 am

Neolarva wrote:Mage with a glyph can metamorph critter (and battlepet) for 24h, you see the skin of the metamorph (like black cat / turtle / monkey...etc) but the pet stays the same.
You were trolled by a mage ^^
Oh wow. That's amazing. But sounds perfectly correct. How did you think of it?

Neolarva
Top Rater
Pet Score:13728
Realm:Les Sentinelles-eu

Post by Neolarva » December 24th, 2017, 7:24 am

I've done it in my garrison / lk Dalaran / val of eternal spring, when I'm bored ^^