Adding connected realm ladders

Report bugs and share your ideas to improve WarcraftPets.
Zogs
Pet Score:8461
Realm:Stonemaul-us
Adding connected realm ladders

Post by Zogs » June 21st, 2015, 6:09 am

I find the individual server ladders a bit stale. Going through individual servers you will find many with only 25-50 active players. Any chance of adding the connected realms when you search your position on the leader board ? I know we are all on a over all ladder of all the servers, but it would be nice to compete against the guys on our own connected realms as well. I think it will promote more activity on the site and competition. I had a lot of fun early on collecting and competing with guys for position. Each day checking if Joepetcollecter added anything new to kick me out of my spot. I met lots of fellow pet collectors on my server that way as well.

My connected Realms: Total 204 players

Stonemaul: 51 players
Maiev: 11 players
Dunemaul: 47 Players
Boulderfist: 68 Players
Bloodscalp: 27 Players

Mehetabel
Top Rater
Pet Score:13557
Realm:Lightbringer-eu

Re: Adding connected realm ladders

Post by Mehetabel » August 15th, 2015, 12:15 pm

Zogs wrote:it would be nice to compete against the guys on our own connected realms as well. I think it will promote more activity on the site and competition. I had a lot of fun early on collecting and competing with guys for position. Each day checking if Joepetcollecter added anything new to kick me out of my spot. I met lots of fellow pet collectors on my server that way as well.
I just want to second this. Please PLEASE can the realm leader boards show connected realm groups!

On Warcraftpets, a lovely guildie of mine and myself are usually jostling for top spot but on wowprogress (which DOES group connected realms) we are sitting in 11 and 12 places usually. Since connected realms are in essence one server now it makes perfect sense to group them here as well. :D
Come join us in the WarcraftPets In-Game Community (EU)! Request invite here: https://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=18420

Aurae
Top Rater
Pet Score:10919
Realm:Ravencrest-us

Post by Aurae » August 15th, 2015, 12:20 pm

Would also love to see this implemented! :D

Maizing
Pet Score:5724
BattleTag®:Maizing#1456
Realm:Feathermoon-us

Post by Maizing » August 15th, 2015, 2:05 pm

I agree. Since connected realms are really just one realm, it would make a lot of sense to combine them for the scores.

Mehetabel
Top Rater

Post by Mehetabel » December 18th, 2015, 9:36 am

I was just curious if there had been any further discussion regarding this? Still something I would love to see implemented :D
Come join us in the WarcraftPets In-Game Community (EU)! Request invite here: https://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=18420

Mehetabel
Top Rater

Post by Mehetabel » June 17th, 2017, 6:56 pm

Just bumping this as it's been a couple of years and it would still be great to have this feature.

Connected realms are in effect one realm now so it would be great to have the realm lists reflect that. :)

Mehetabel
Top Rater

Post by Mehetabel » October 24th, 2017, 6:11 am

I'm bumping this again because I really truly believe it's something that needs to be changed.

For those of us who love the competitive aspect of the realm leaderboards, the current setup just isn't accurate anymore, not for anyone who is on a connected realm.

I'm only in a connected group of two realms so I can only imagine what it's like for anyone in a larger group. As it is, I have pet collecting guildies on both realms in my group and it would be great for us to be able to compare our collections in one list. Not to mention the other pet collectors on our realm group.

I know I been asking for this for a LONG time but that's only because I think it's needed to give an accurate representation of the leaderboards.

Any reply would be great, whether it's a "maybe", "one day" or even "no", just so I know where it stands. :)

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13896
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Quintessence » October 31st, 2017, 3:17 pm

Thank you for your patience regarding this suggestion.

We're pleased to announce that Connected Realms is now integrated into WarcraftPets Realm Leaderboards.

:!: Note that this update may change your realm rank, but it will not impact your overall Site Rank. More information here: https://www.warcraftpets.com/news/introducing-connected-realms-to-realm-leaderboa/

Feedback is welcome, as always. Happy collecting and battling!
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Mehetabel
Top Rater

Post by Mehetabel » November 1st, 2017, 4:59 am

Thank you! :)

Raax
Pet Score:10990
Realm:Steamwheedle Cartel-eu

Post by Raax » November 1st, 2017, 12:06 pm

Quintessence wrote:Thank you for your patience regarding this suggestion.

We're pleased to announce that Connected Realms is now integrated into WarcraftPets Realm Leaderboards.

:!: Note that this update may change your realm rank, but it will not impact your overall Site Rank. More information here: https://www.warcraftpets.com/news/introducing-connected-realms-to-realm-leaderboa/

Feedback is welcome, as always. Happy collecting and battling!
At first I couldn't see the change - but then I realised it's because I'm #1 in the connected realms too :lol:

Personally, I think it would be better if you could show my realm score *and* my connected realm score. In fact, I'd like to know where I stand across all the EU servers if it was possible (or even across all servers in the world). Maybe something like:

Raax - Score (5549) - Pets (928) - World (#1) - EU (#1) - C.Realm (#1) - Realm (#1)

That would give all collectors something to aim for. For example, I know I'm 5 pets ahead of the next person in my connected realm, but I've no idea if I'm beating everyone across the EU servers.

Just my thoughts anyway...

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13896
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Quintessence » November 1st, 2017, 3:27 pm

Raax wrote:That would give all collectors something to aim for. For example, I know I'm 5 pets ahead of the next person in my connected realm, but I've no idea if I'm beating everyone across the EU servers.
Have you checked out the [url=https://www.warcraftpets.com/community/top/account/non_us/#]Top 500 Pet Collections[/url] page? You can view how you rank among WarcraftPets users worldwide and in your region. If this isn't what you had in mind, let us know! :)
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Maizing
Pet Score:5724
BattleTag®:Maizing#1456
Realm:Feathermoon-us

Post by Maizing » November 2nd, 2017, 12:16 am

I wondered why I had dropped to 9th place so quickly, then I looked at my realm leader board and there are 5 new names listed above mine who are on Scarlet Crusade (my main is on Feathermoon).

While I am a little sad to have dropped down the list, I am happy that this has been done. Since the two realms are connected, it is more realistic, so now I have a better idea of where I stand among the pet collectors on my realm. 8-)

Raax
Pet Score:10990
Realm:Steamwheedle Cartel-eu

Post by Raax » November 2nd, 2017, 5:18 am

Quintessence wrote: Have you checked out the [url=https://www.warcraftpets.com/community/top/account/non_us/#]Top 500 Pet Collections[/url] page? You can view how you rank among WarcraftPets users worldwide and in your region. If this isn't what you had in mind, let us know! :)
I didn't realise you could filter to just see the EU servers - I thought top 500 was just worldwide.

Clicking on the Non-US tab gives mew 10 new pages - one of which I'll be on, but I don't know which one. Is there an easy way to tell where I am on that list? (I did find myself at #82, but it would be good to see that number on my profile)

I hope you don't think I'm moaning, I just think if you have the data already why not display it on our profiles? You could offer a simple profile that shows high level stuff (site rank, no. of pets etc.) and a detail profile that breaks everything down further (world, region, server, rarity, avg pet level, pets pet family etc.). That way, I can see at a quick glace where I rank with my Pet Score, but then if I wanted I'd be able to drill down further and get into all the juicy data that nerds love ;)

Whatever you decide, its not going to stop me using the site that's for sure :D

Zogs

Post by Zogs » November 3rd, 2017, 3:21 am

My original post June 21, 2015. Never stop believing !!!!!
Except when it comes to Mini Diablo :(

GrosBonda
Pet Score:10429
BattleTag®:Grosbonda#1406
Realm:Arygos-us

Post by GrosBonda » November 3rd, 2017, 12:37 pm

Zogs wrote: Except when it comes to Mini Diablo :(
Please Never stop believing !!!!! even for that one...

Daibutsusan73
Pet Score:5019
Realm:Grizzly Hills-us

Post by Daibutsusan73 » November 3rd, 2017, 1:35 pm

This needs to be toggle-able.

I like the option to see connected ream rank, but I'm mostly just interested in my server rank.

I have the most pets on my server, ahead of the next person by 17 pets. After the connected realm change I'm 13th! It really feels crappy to go from #1 to #13, and just after busting my but for a month to move past the top two collectors. The new top "connected realm" collectors have a few pets I'll never be able to get, so I now have the pleasure of knowing I will never be #1 again, which means there's no reason to try anymore.

Taleranor
Pet Score:11827
Realm:Kirin Tor-us

Post by Taleranor » November 3rd, 2017, 10:48 pm

I'll admit it's personally quite frustrating to go from rank 7 on Kirin Tor, which I've held for quite some time, to rank 10 for our connected server group... I had to wonder how the heck I'd been so thoroughly surpassed in the past week or so.

My only consolation is discovering that I'm currently #499 on the site for the U.S. At least I can still have a goal to stay on the top 500 for now, right? Heh.
Now if only it wasn't so dang tedious, time-consuming, or expensive to get the pets I don't have yet.

Lathandros
Pet Score:9163
Realm:Fenris-us

Post by Lathandros » November 4th, 2017, 10:18 am

Daibutsusan73 wrote:This needs to be toggle-able.

I like the option to see connected ream rank, but I'm mostly just interested in my server rank.

I have the most pets on my server, ahead of the next person by 17 pets. After the connected realm change I'm 13th! It really feels crappy to go from #1 to #13, and just after busting my but for a month to move past the top two collectors. The new top "connected realm" collectors have a few pets I'll never be able to get, so I now have the pleasure of knowing I will never be #1 again, which means there's no reason to try anymore.
EXACTLY! You whiners that wanted this probably have nothing else you do in the game. Your collection is all you have to boast about.
This was totally implemented wrong. It should have been given to the whiner Zogs as a drop down just like overall. If implemented at all.
If It's Not Broke, Don't Fix It.

Kiella
Pet Score:13796
BattleTag®:Elena#1284
Realm:Zul'jin-us

Post by Kiella » November 4th, 2017, 11:17 am

Lathandros wrote:
Daibutsusan73 wrote:This needs to be toggle-able.

EXACTLY! You whiners that wanted this probably have nothing else you do in the game. Your collection is all you have to boast about.
This was totally implemented wrong. It should have been given to the whiner Zogs as a drop down just like overall. If implemented at all.
If It's Not Broke, Don't Fix It.
Welcome to the forums. :roll:

[I personally have zero stake in this matter- it's just sad to see the attitude some are coming into this with. Attacking pet collectors for what? valuing their pet collections on a forum devoted to pet collecting? where you've come obviously seriously worked up over the same thing they dared to have a preference on? Not to mention, I don't think anyone has come out against the possibility of having both options available, which seems like your solution.]

Zogs

Post by Zogs » November 4th, 2017, 12:14 pm

Guys come on. There is no "whining" coming from me. I lost my #1 spot on my server as well. But lets be real, being #1 with little competition is just fooling yourself. Why not just take a screen shot, photo shop it so you're tops again, and just look at that when ever you want.