Magma Trap & Snap Trap lasting full duration

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Rosqo
Pet Score:9646
Realm:Silvermoon-eu
Magma Trap & Snap Trap lasting full duration

Post by Rosqo » October 27th, 2017, 5:56 pm

Hi guys,

Recently it seems as if traps are lasting their full duration more often than they used to and I was wondering if anyone else had noticed this also?

It could just be rng that these have been lasting the whole 9 rounds and nothing has changed but I’m wondering if Trap proc chance has been nerfed?

I know Brawler has mentioned this to me already but would be interested to see if anyone else has seen a change too.

Neckbèard
Pet Score:1193
Realm:Argent Dawn-eu

Re: Magma Trap & Snap Trap lasting full duration

Post by Neckbèard » October 28th, 2017, 3:42 am

Yeah, it's about 50/50 almost? Full duration and the other times within the first two rounds.

It's a bit stressful, imo it's better to just get it over with. :)

No idea if it's a change though.

Gráinne
Pet Score:13284
Realm:Magtheridon-eu

Post by Gráinne » October 28th, 2017, 7:25 am

I just ran 20 wild battles, put the trap down immediately, noted which round it went off.

Results:
10, 5, 1, 10, 4, 1, 6, 8, 1, 5
1, 9, 1, 8, 3, 5, 5, 4, 7, 1

There seem to be too many 1s, but not enough for me to feel inclined to run a decent sample of 1000 tests and dump the results into a stats package to get a clearer view. Certainly 2 out of 20 traps running the full duration doesn't raise an eyebrow.

Traps were never much a part of my life. I almost never use them, since I avoid too much RNG, and they weren't very common before the new pets in Legion. But I literally never remember seeing a trap go the full duration. And I think I would have, since I relate it to the Paradox of the Unexpected Hanging, which was always one of my favourites.

Maybe traps never did go the full duration, and they fixed it?

P.S. [pet]Twilight Clutch-Sister[/pet] is an awesome sweeper for wild battles. :)

Rosqo
Pet Score:9646
Realm:Silvermoon-eu

Post by Rosqo » October 28th, 2017, 11:21 am

Thanks for doing some testing Gráinne.

It probably is just rng but like you said it was very rare to see traps run the full duration but recently it’s quite been common.

If they have reduced the proc chance it’s probably justified considering how game changing traps can be.

Arnorde
Pet Score:4857
Realm:Taerar-eu

Post by Arnorde » October 28th, 2017, 2:01 pm

I've fumbled a little bit with the old unmaintained PetAccuracyRecorder Addon to get it to work with traps:
Sample size of 52 is not that big but they don't let me think that there were changes unless Blizzard implemented different percentages for PVP/PVE.
WoWScrnShot_102817_204830.jpg
WoWScrnShot_102817_204830.jpg (205.07KiB)Viewed 1957 times