Prestige Pet FYI

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Badpathing
MVP
Pet Score:12840
Realm:Proudmoore-us
Prestige Pet FYI

Post by Badpathing » October 2nd, 2017, 3:59 pm

It was brought to my attention today on the WoW forums, so I thought I'd share, that if you reach Prestige 7 on Alliance side you can then go to the vendor on horde side and simply buy the Prestige 7 horde pet.

No need to farm both sides.

If this was common knowledge, I apologize for the redundancy. It was news to me and worth sharing.

If it was not common knowledge, you're welcome!

Mehetabel
Top Rater
Pet Score:13557
Realm:Lightbringer-eu

Re: Prestige Pet FYI

Post by Mehetabel » October 3rd, 2017, 5:20 pm

It was changed in the most recent patch. I didn't realise until a couple of weeks later so it was a very nice surprise! :)
Come join us in the WarcraftPets In-Game Community (EU)! Request invite here: https://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=18420

Killerkarl
Pet Score:13864
Realm:Sen'jin-us

Post by Killerkarl » October 3rd, 2017, 6:17 pm

When I first saw this thread's title I panicked a little thinking there was a new pet for Prestige level 21.

FuxieDK
Pet Score:13645
BattleTag®:FuxieDK#2678
Realm:Draenor-eu

Post by FuxieDK » October 4th, 2017, 4:44 am

You need to be aware, that you need a toon level 98+ (or maybe lower and summoned to Dalaran) of <insert opposite faction> to be able to buy the pet..

Annieb
Pet Score:13864
Realm:Arathor-eu

Post by Annieb » October 14th, 2017, 1:59 pm

Great info and thanks! I didn't know and since I've stopped dual grinding horde and alliance concurrently, I have really made progress toward the prestige 7 pets! I was sort of stuck in a rut before, thinking I would NEVER get there... now I've started farming bonus week brawls and daily world quests. I'll never be a pvp pro.. but I'm convinced I CAN get the pets at least, and that makes me happy.

FWIW, my husband has resigned himself to me going full on hardcore mode and buying myself Murky... with the 2 prestige pets + Murky all I need is Micronax. (and the upcoming holiday pets).

Long strange fun ride, indeed!