Share pet collecting news and advice.
Hobbitpolitics
Top Rater
Pet Score:4678
BattleTag®:HowPolitical#2973
Realm:Silvermoon-eu
Battle pets from MoP raids

Post by Hobbitpolitics » September 25th, 2017, 5:26 pm

Does anybody know whether the battle pets from SoO and ToT still drop? I've killed Sha of Pride, Siegemaster Blackfuse, Horridon,Ji kun and Primordius loads of time now both during MoP and post MoP and I haven't seen a single pet drop. I got all the other pets during MoP pretty quickly (Son of Animus etc) so I assumed maybe the droprates were lowered. Need clarification!

Gilneas
Top Rater
Pet Score:10095
Realm:Kargath-us

Re: Battle pets from MoP raids

Post by Gilneas » September 25th, 2017, 5:39 pm

They've always been fairly low. Lower than RWL pets by far.

Guccia
Pet Score:13815
Realm:Tichondrius-us

Post by Guccia » September 25th, 2017, 5:49 pm

They still drop it's just like a 1% rate or something

Peanutty
Pet Score:9635
Realm:Kil'jaeden-us

Post by Peanutty » September 25th, 2017, 7:55 pm

Yup they still drop, just a very low drop rate. I've gotten something like 2 Kovoks, 1 Droplet of Y'Sharrj, 1 Living Sandling during this xpac.

Vhale
MVP
Pet Score:10441
Realm:Durotan-us

Post by Vhale » September 26th, 2017, 7:29 am

Yeah I started farming there for mogs and looked up the drop rates. Something like 1/250. I stalked cheap ones on the AH instead. When they show up on the BMAH they tend to go lower than the AH.

Cparle87
Pet Score:11736
Realm:Tichondrius-us

Post by Cparle87 » September 26th, 2017, 11:30 pm

Peanutty wrote:Yup they still drop, just a very low drop rate. I've gotten something like 2 Kovoks, 1 Droplet of Y'Sharrj, 1 Living Sandling during this xpac.
Well, Sandlings won't be as rare as the others you listed because it's trash drops. All the troll mobs between Horridon and the troll Council can drop them. I've gotten 3-4 on absurdly lucky runs clearing all the trash. Other two are boss drops and, as you said, very rare.

Gilneas
Top Rater

Post by Gilneas » September 27th, 2017, 9:42 am

Assuming the data on the pets' pages in correct, most of them are 1 in 125, with the Pygmy Direhorn being twice as rare, the Viscous Horror being somewhat less rare (somewhat ironic since when it was current it was the rarest of the bunch), and the Sandling a lot less rare.

Peanutty
Pet Score:9635
Realm:Kil'jaeden-us

Post by Peanutty » September 27th, 2017, 4:09 pm

Cparle87 wrote:Well, Sandlings won't be as rare as the others you listed because it's trash drops. All the troll mobs between Horridon and the troll Council can drop them. I've gotten 3-4 on absurdly lucky runs clearing all the trash. Other two are boss drops and, as you said, very rare.
I have gotten only the 1 Sandling ever, and that includes raiding through ToT while it was relevant. My raid team didn't ever get one. I only got the one while working on achievements, I think. So it sure feels rare enough to me (and my bad loot luck), even with the fact that there's multiple mobs that can drop it.

Neolarva
Top Rater
Pet Score:13728
Realm:Les Sentinelles-eu

Post by Neolarva » September 27th, 2017, 5:43 pm

Gilneas wrote:Assuming the data on the pets' pages in correct, most of them are 1 in 125, with the Pygmy Direhorn being twice as rare, the Viscous Horror being somewhat less rare (somewhat ironic since when it was current it was the rarest of the bunch), and the Sandling a lot less rare.
The vicious Horror couldn't drop from lfr mode, that's why it was more expensive / rare.

I've farmed the mounts there with a friend, in +-160 kill of ji kun and +-220 kill of horridon, we saw : 2 mounts on ji kun / 2 mounts on horridon / 1 pet on ji kun / 0 pet on horridon.
I wouldn't farm the pet, I'll just buy them, it's easier to get the gold ^^

Gilneas
Top Rater

Post by Gilneas » September 27th, 2017, 11:34 pm

The vicious Horror couldn't drop from lfr mode, that's why it was more expensive / rare.
I know. As a result, it had a potentially higher drop rate to compensate. Now that you can solo one-shot everything, it's almost the easiest one to get. Hence the irony.

Digem
MVP
Pet Score:13800
Realm:Fizzcrank-us

Post by Digem » September 28th, 2017, 9:21 am

Peanutty wrote:
Cparle87 wrote:Well, Sandlings won't be as rare as the others you listed because it's trash drops. All the troll mobs between Horridon and the troll Council can drop them. I've gotten 3-4 on absurdly lucky runs clearing all the trash. Other two are boss drops and, as you said, very rare.
I have gotten only the 1 Sandling ever, and that includes raiding through ToT while it was relevant. My raid team didn't ever get one. I only got the one while working on achievements, I think. So it sure feels rare enough to me (and my bad loot luck), even with the fact that there's multiple mobs that can drop it.

Man that is pretty bad luck there . When my raid team was raiding that weekly we got at least one a week. The other pets almost never dropped we got a few bomblings and kovaks and nothing else.
I had to buy the rest and even now going back haven’t seen any but that sandling I still get around one a week