Fel Lasher?

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Petals
Pet Score:11381
Realm:Lightbringer-us
Fel Lasher?

Post by Petals » September 9th, 2017, 11:40 pm

what is the deal with the Fel Lasher?

I have herbed thousands of Astral Glory and have yet to see this pet. I look at undermine journal and they show FOUR for the entire region.

Meanwhile the skinning pet seems to be a dime a dozen.

Is there another source of the Fel Lasher that I should be looking at?

Just curious if anyone has any information as wowhead has zilch.

:)

Saviya
Pet Score:11609
BattleTag®:Saviya#1875
Realm:Hyjal-us

Re: Fel Lasher?

Post by Saviya » September 9th, 2017, 11:48 pm

I haven't done any herbing yet, but I haven't yet seen the one from skinning :(

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13896
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Quintessence » September 10th, 2017, 1:22 am

My guess for now is that the [pet]Fel Lasher[/pet] is just a very rare drop.

I've lost count of how many nodes I've herbed up, how many stacks of Astral Glory I've sold on the AH. I've yet to see the pet drop. Every blue that I see while picking flowers gets me excited, and then I get sad because it's not the pet, it's just Primal Sargerite. :cry:

There are 2 different types of nodes that drop Astral Glory. The actual Astral Glory object (only found on Mac'Aree), and the Fel-Encrusted Herb which is found on the other two Argus zones.

It's unclear if the pet only comes from one type or both - I've been mainly herbing the latter. If anyone gets this pet to drop, please let us know what type of node you collected it from. Thanks!
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Dalandius
Pet Score:13133
Realm:Earthen Ring-us

Post by Dalandius » September 10th, 2017, 9:04 am

Looking at the notes from the [pet]Fel Lasher[/pet] it says
Players with the Herbalism profession have a chance to loot this pet while herbing creatures in Argus zones.
So it is not going to come from herbing nodes?, not sent my herbalist to Argus yet so I do not know if this is the case.

Waynebrady
Top Rater
Pet Score:13904
Realm:Stormrage-us

Post by Waynebrady » September 10th, 2017, 10:08 am

Ugh, I saw this pet for 30k on the AH and someone snagged it before I could. Hasn't been one since.

GormanGhaste
MVP
Pet Score:10398
Realm:Uldaman-us

Post by GormanGhaste » September 10th, 2017, 12:04 pm

Players with the Herbalism profession have a chance to loot this pet while herbing creatures in Argus zones.
That can't be right. They probably just copy/pasted/modified the skinning text and forgot to remove the word creatures.
Mingyao on Madoran

Petals
Pet Score:11381
Realm:Lightbringer-us

Post by Petals » September 10th, 2017, 12:10 pm

Quintessence wrote:My guess for now is that the [pet]Fel Lasher[/pet] is just a very rare drop.

I've lost count of how many nodes I've herbed up, how many stacks of Astral Glory I've sold on the AH. I've yet to see the pet drop. Every blue that I see while picking flowers gets me excited, and then I get sad because it's not the pet, it's just Primal Sargerite. :cry:

There are 2 different types of nodes that drop Astral Glory. The actual Astral Glory object (only found on Mac'Aree), and the Fel-Encrusted Herb which is found on the other two Argus zones.

It's unclear if the pet only comes from one type or both - I've been mainly herbing the latter. If anyone gets this pet to drop, please let us know what type of node you collected it from. Thanks!
I have been mainly focusing on Mac'Aree because it is prettier. Will definitely post if/when I get one. D:

Merana
Pet Score:10003
Realm:Aman'Thul-eu

Post by Merana » September 10th, 2017, 12:32 pm

I farmed a lot on Krokuun and haven't seen one yet. I did however see one on the AH for several hundred thousand gold before Mac'Aree became available.

Shashos
Pet Score:13727
Realm:Doomhammer-us

Post by Shashos » September 15th, 2017, 11:58 am

Still no luck here. I die a little more inside whenever I see Primal Sargerite in the loot window, heh. I'm going to have a ton of those before it's over with and nothing to use them on. I have made a nice profit on the herbs, so there is that at least!

Baldulf
MVP
Pet Score:6727
Realm:Suramar-us

Post by Baldulf » September 15th, 2017, 11:46 pm

Well, I've now collected every 7.3 pet currently available except this one, so I guess I will be spending 100% of my playtime herbing from this point on. Can anyone recommend the best current gathering addon? I can't even remember the last time I used one. I see GatherMate2 is still around, so I'll start with that, but let me know if anyone knows of something better!

Tarty
Top Rater
Pet Score:13702
Realm:Runetotem-eu

Post by Tarty » September 18th, 2017, 5:26 am

I got my main with herbalism and one of my alts with skinning on Argus, and I dont find any of the 2 pets yet... But I din't find yet even the Wondrous Wisdomball from Kirin Tor or the pet from the Dreamers (that I buy it on AH).

I don't understand if it's only a very bad luck... or this pets are just a myth.

Shashos

Post by Shashos » September 18th, 2017, 2:55 pm

Tarty wrote:I got my main with herbalism and one of my alts with skinning on Argus, and I dont find any of the 2 pets yet... But I din't find yet even the Wondrous Wisdomball from Kirin Tor or the pet from the Dreamers (that I buy it on AH).

I don't understand if it's only a very bad luck... or this pets are just a myth.
My daughter got the skinning pet very early on and gave it to me. I bought the Wisdomball from the AH waaaay back when it was still cageable and could be sold. I am so very glad I did as I've never seen it again since. Also bought the Dreamweavers pet as I've yet to get one myself from the caches.

As for the Fel Lasher, still nothing. To make some good come from it, I dropped skinning on my rogue and picked up mining. So while I'm picking herbs, I can grab ore as well and really cash in. Really, really trying to stay positive, hehe.

Baldulf
MVP

Post by Baldulf » September 18th, 2017, 4:33 pm

I've consumed all the 7.3 content available on two toons now, so I've spent hours so far today doing nothing but herbing. I want to gouge my eyeballs out. This is not fun.

I've found disbelief over the drop rate on fully four site forums now. One player looted 6,000 Astral Glory over 3 days--nothing. That's at LEAST 600 nodes.

Quintessence
Site Admin

Post by Quintessence » September 18th, 2017, 6:18 pm

Something that's always been in the back of my mind, but I had hoped wasn't the case: Does Fel Lasher have a bugged drop rate? - https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20759116439

Now that we're a few weeks into 7.3, perhaps this is something that needs to be looked into by the devs.
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Vhale
MVP
Pet Score:10441
Realm:Durotan-us

Post by Vhale » September 18th, 2017, 8:01 pm

Yeah, I thought maybe it was due to the herb bots getting banned causing a shortage. Now I'm not sure. I usually keep Magpie open and I haven't seen any new activity for them on any of the realms I watch.
I went ahead and posted a bump for the official bug thread to try and help it get a little notice.

Quintessence
Site Admin

Post by Quintessence » September 19th, 2017, 4:27 pm

Update on this: Hotfix today that increased the drop rate of Fel Lasher.

https://twitter.com/WarcraftDevs/status ... 1190970368
"We've just applied a hotfix to make Fel Lasher a bit less rare. They can also now be found in Astral Glory on Argus. Collectors rejoice!"
Huzzah!

Shashos

Post by Shashos » September 19th, 2017, 6:01 pm

Quintessence wrote:Update on this: Hotfix today that increased the drop rate of Fel Lasher.

https://twitter.com/WarcraftDevs/status ... 1190970368
"We've just applied a hotfix to make Fel Lasher a bit less rare. They can also now be found in Astral Glory on Argus. Collectors rejoice!"
Huzzah!
So very happy to see that change, but feels awful because I spent most of my time herbing on Mac'aree. So many hours wasted that I could have spent on the other two zones.

Baldulf
MVP

Post by Baldulf » September 19th, 2017, 6:22 pm

Dropped for me after a couple hours herbing after the hotfix. Fel-Encrusted Herb node in Petrified Forest area of Krokuun.

THANK YOU, Quin (and others) for pestering the devs to get this fixed.

Shashos

Post by Shashos » September 19th, 2017, 9:01 pm

Yay! Got it! 223 Astral Glory in Krokuun and it dropped just now. Man, feels good. I can stop farming non-stop for gold on another server where some were up for sale, heh.

And yes, thank you all so much for getting the devs to look into the drop. If not for you all, we'd probably still be plugging away mindlessly and still getting nothing. :)

Gráinne
Pet Score:13284
Realm:Magtheridon-eu

Post by Gráinne » September 21st, 2017, 7:36 pm

Yay! Just got it. Fel-Encrusted Herb in the spider area of Antoran Wastes.

I wasn't going to bother with my chores today, but now I'm glad I did. :)