Ticker Tape Parade Moment

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Milotha
Top Rater
Pet Score:5471
BattleTag®:milotha#1158
Realm:Silver Hand-us
Ticker Tape Parade Moment

Post by Milotha » September 17th, 2017, 9:58 am

I got back from being gone for 2 weeks and decided to settle into some nice relaxing pet collecting. My eyes were set on starting Family Fighter. The strats are there. My pets are all leveled. Time for some popcorn, coke, candy, and some ass kicking. Little did I know it was my ass that was going to get kicked.

In comes Gloamwing all aquatic. Down goes my team. Every single time.. at least 3 slicing winds. Hell, I think he started doing four to five just to rub salt into my wounds. I tried numerous strategies. It was to no avail. I cursed all the gods known and unknown. It didn't help. Finally, I decided that all those one million bandages in my bank account could be put to use, and decided to brute force it for that one fight were the random number gods smiled upon me. Hours later.... aquatic tears in my eyes, I was finally victorious.

I looked around for the ticker tape parade with the cheering multitudes and perhaps fifteen clown cars with infinite clown coming out of them, but was greeted with silence. Life needs more ticker tape parades and less Gloamwings.

Good luck on the Family Fighter. I'm going to take 2 aspirin and get some bed rest.

Peanutty
Pet Score:9635
Realm:Kil'jaeden-us

Re: Ticker Tape Parade Moment

Post by Peanutty » September 17th, 2017, 4:51 pm

Ha, I know the feeling, though it was maybe a couple dozen pet bandages, not hundreds (I probably did blow through hundreds doing Family Fighter overall though... I know I mailed myself bandages twice, the second time being a full stack).

Worst part was, I had that perfect aquatic run going where it was just 1 Slicing Wind, and my second pet survived to where he needed to be, and then... I DISCONNECTED. Came back and of course got kicked out of the pet battle. :cry: Took another 16 or 18 tries to replicate that.

Milotha
Top Rater
Pet Score:5471
BattleTag®:milotha#1158
Realm:Silver Hand-us

Post by Milotha » September 18th, 2017, 12:58 am

Peanutty wrote: Worst part was, I had that perfect aquatic run going where it was just 1 Slicing Wind, and my second pet survived to where he needed to be, and then... I DISCONNECTED. Came back and of course got kicked out of the pet battle. :cry: Took another 16 or 18 tries to replicate that.
Looks up into sky, shakes fist, and shouts "GLOAMWING!!!!!"

Digem
MVP
Pet Score:13800
Realm:Fizzcrank-us

Post by Digem » September 18th, 2017, 7:06 am

Peanutty wrote:Ha, I know the feeling, though it was maybe a couple dozen pet bandages, not hundreds (I probably did blow through hundreds doing Family Fighter overall though... I know I mailed myself bandages twice, the second time being a full stack).

Worst part was, I had that perfect aquatic run going where it was just 1 Slicing Wind, and my second pet survived to where he needed to be, and then... I DISCONNECTED. Came back and of course got kicked out of the pet battle. :cry: Took another 16 or 18 tries to replicate that.

Wow I thought that fight couldn't get any worse. That is blizz straight up trolling you

Minivivi
MVP
Pet Score:12541
Realm:Medivh-us

Post by Minivivi » September 18th, 2017, 2:44 pm

Throwing in Snozz, I used approximately 300+ bandages.

Shashos
Pet Score:13727
Realm:Doomhammer-us

Post by Shashos » September 18th, 2017, 3:23 pm

RNG was definitely not kind to me on Gloamwing and Snozz. I lost track of the number of tries on those for aquatic and draconic respectively. Tried so many combos over and over, tweaking this and that. Finally managed it using some new strats others had success with. Man, felt great to see that achievement finally pop up.

Q8e192
Pet Score:8729
Realm:Fizzcrank-us

Post by Q8e192 » September 19th, 2017, 11:25 am

Quizzus wrote:Gloamwing vs aquatics required around 190 bandages, give or take. Not fun :(
Oh wow.
What strategy were you using and do you know what the success rate % of the strat is?
There are a couple of Gloamwing strats that have a 11% success rate (1/3 * 1/3), some that require a crit (< 5%, not including steps before it that might lower the success rate) and at least one strat that has a 16.67% success rate (1/3 * 1/2).
With 190 bandages, you should able to kill Gloamwing 20+ times (maybe even 30+).
Just curious on the strats you used.