Blizzcon

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Dalandius
Pet Score:13133
Realm:Earthen Ring-us
Blizzcon

Post by Dalandius » September 13th, 2017, 6:57 pm

Is it me or does there seem to be no pet from Blizzcon this year?

Exo316
Pet Score:11411
Realm:Moon Guard-us

Re: Blizzcon

Post by Exo316 » September 13th, 2017, 7:10 pm

Seems to be the first time theres no murloc pet from it.

GilroyKilroy
MVP
Pet Score:6114
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by GilroyKilroy » September 13th, 2017, 7:49 pm

https://blizzcon.com/en-us/event-info/tickets/virtual does state "Every BlizzCon, we give out awesome in-game loot to commemorate the occasion, including digital pets, portraits, and more." So I suspect this should come later.

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13896
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Quintessence » September 13th, 2017, 7:52 pm

No pet this year, but faction mounts instead! But we can still hold out the hope that maybe they'll sneak in a pet and announce it to everyone's surprise. :P

2008 was the last time a mount was the in-game redeemable from BlizzCon ([url=http://www.wowhead.com/item=43599/big-blizzard-bear]Big Blizzard Bear[/url] mount). All other times I believe it's been a pet.
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Vhale
MVP
Pet Score:10441
Realm:Durotan-us

Post by Vhale » September 13th, 2017, 8:15 pm

The mounts are amazing! I busted my butt farming cata pets to stow away some bnet balance before Blizzcon was announced to get a spiffy new murloc. I am not one bit sad its these beauties instead. We just got so many new pets from Argus too. I feel so spoiled :D

Neolarva
Top Rater
Pet Score:13728
Realm:Les Sentinelles-eu

Post by Neolarva » September 13th, 2017, 10:30 pm

Quintessence wrote:2008 was the last time a mount was the in-game redeemable from BlizzCon (Big Blizzard Bear mount). All other times I believe it's been a pet.
Blizzcon 2007 Murloc Suit Costume also, a toy instead of a pet ^^

Flohsakk
Pet Score:13312
Realm:Blackhand-eu

Post by Flohsakk » September 13th, 2017, 10:58 pm

Without a WoW battle pet announced I think I won't pre-purchase a Virtual Ticket this time... I don't care about mounts that much and imho they look less awesome ingame compared to the teaser. I think I'll wait for the opening ceremony reveals and if there's nothing really big about WoW I'll keep my money. Already had one disappointing Blizzcon/VT year with nearly no WoW stuff but at least the pet was cool (sure it felt a bit overprized) and still don't like the look of 2016 murlocs... I'm scared :|

Gráinne
Pet Score:13284
Realm:Magtheridon-eu

Post by Gráinne » September 13th, 2017, 11:01 pm

The first Blizzcon VT I bought to see the panels. Little did I know I'd actually end up watching them on YT, because I wasn't watching live, and they were on YT before they were on the Virtual Ticket archive.

I did get my Murkalot out of it. I wasn't playing pets at the time, but Murkalot's animations were cute, and when I did my initial levelling, he was a valued part of my first team, so I can't regret it. :)

Ever since, I've felt obliged to buy a ticket just for the pet. I'll be happy if this year, I can buy a nice Barolo with the cash instead. :)

Mehetabel
Top Rater
Pet Score:13557
Realm:Lightbringer-eu

Post by Mehetabel » September 14th, 2017, 3:57 am

I'm not too excited about the mounts . . . but I'll be getting them anyway because I love watching Blizzcon so I'll still be buying the VT, regardless of the rewards. :)
Come join us in the WarcraftPets In-Game Community (EU)! Request invite here: https://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=18420

Gilneas
Top Rater
Pet Score:10095
Realm:Kargath-us

Post by Gilneas » September 14th, 2017, 7:41 am

Digital pets could refer to D3 as well but since it is plural, I am holding out hope that there is also a WoW pet and the mounts are just something extra to make the ticket more enticing.

The murlocs are often themed after their big announcement so saying what it is could be a spoiler.

Brewhemoth
MVP

Post by Brewhemoth » September 14th, 2017, 11:41 am

I can't believe we're not getting a pet this year, I have to have hope for the "other virtual ticket items to come." Maybe they thought the mounts would get a bigger buy? I'm not sure. But can you imagine a shadow-covered Murky? Especially with that new ground texture they're using? That would look amazing! Please Blizzard!!! Pretty please?

Digem
MVP
Pet Score:13800
Realm:Fizzcrank-us

Post by Digem » September 15th, 2017, 5:58 am

We still might get a pet though. They might not be revealing it as the murloc pet usually fits the theme for the new expansion and they might not want to reveal that yet or at least before blizzcon. Also it is a two seater mount which is very nice

Shashos
Pet Score:13727
Realm:Doomhammer-us

Post by Shashos » September 15th, 2017, 12:17 pm

I'm working on getting the last token I need to buy my ticket. Still have some hope that they'll add a murloc pet as a later surprise, but I'm also feeling that the 'more to come' goodies will be for the other games instead. Either way, I'll enjoy my mounts. We've gotten so many pets from Argus that I honestly can't complain. I'm still working on leveling up all of those. :)

Noel
Pet Score:13092
Realm:Kel'Thuzad-us

Post by Noel » September 15th, 2017, 1:06 pm

I'm waiting for the surprise evil mini jaina murloc pet!

Sarajiel
Pet Score:5538
Realm:Aman'Thul-eu

Post by Sarajiel » September 15th, 2017, 3:10 pm

Noel wrote:I'm waiting for the surprise evil mini jaina murloc pet!
:lol: :oops: :lol: :oops: :lol:

Since they didn't announce any specifics of the goodies for the other games, I'm actually still hoping for a Murloc pet. Also keep in mind that Blizz increased the price of the v-ticket in the US, therefore they might offer more in-game items to convince people to buy the tickets. The replays of the panels can usually be found on youtube after a couple of days anyway...
Sarajiel's dose of nerd culture...

www.piratez.cc

The next novel will be out Soon™

Gilneas
Top Rater

Post by Gilneas » September 15th, 2017, 4:56 pm

Sarajiel wrote:
Noel wrote:I'm waiting for the surprise evil mini jaina murloc pet!
:lol: :oops: :lol: :oops: :lol:

Since they didn't announce any specifics of the goodies for the other games, I'm actually still hoping for a Murloc pet. Also keep in mind that Blizz increased the price of the v-ticket in the US, therefore they might offer more in-game items to convince people to buy the tickets. The replays of the panels can usually be found on youtube after a couple of days anyway...
I think there is a good chance there will be a pet too. However, the price was not increased. It's the same $39.99 it's always been.

Sarajiel
Pet Score:5538
Realm:Aman'Thul-eu

Post by Sarajiel » September 15th, 2017, 5:03 pm

Gilneas wrote: I think there is a good chance there will be a pet too. However, the price was not increased. It's the same $39.99 it's always been.
Oh sorry, I just assumed the angry mob complaining in the MMO-C forums had that one right about the US prices. :roll:
It's rather surprising then that Blizz didn't adjust the EU prices this year.
Sarajiel's dose of nerd culture...

www.piratez.cc

The next novel will be out Soon™

Dalandius
Pet Score:13133
Realm:Earthen Ring-us

Post by Dalandius » September 15th, 2017, 5:30 pm

Announcing a WoW pet for the Virtual Blizzcon ticket at Blizzcon would be a very low move.

Gilneas
Top Rater

Post by Gilneas » September 15th, 2017, 9:27 pm

Dalandius wrote:Announcing a WoW pet for the Virtual Blizzcon ticket at Blizzcon would be a very low move.

No one is suggesting they will. The virtual items are all announced before Blizzcon. They just are often not announced as soon as the ticket is available.

We are saying that when they announce the specifics of the HS, Heroes, OW, SC2, SCR and D3 items, they will also announce a WoW pet. That the list says digital pets - plural - suggests it's still a possibility.

Annieb
Pet Score:13861
Realm:Arathor-eu

Post by Annieb » September 16th, 2017, 10:14 am

I have bought Shadow (adorable, love his little shadowform animation!) and it's a worthy cause, I was happy to pay his 'adoption fee'!

I see on the blizzcon e-ticket news page that this year's in-game goodie is a alliance/horde mount, which is pretty cool..but I admit I'm really hoping for an in game pet too!

I'm not greedy (oh, heck, who am I fooling, of COURSE I'm greedy :lol: )! but mostly I was just wondering.

Anyone have any updated inside info?