Conclave of Wind doesn't drop loot?

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Aeolyn
Pet Score:2593
Realm:Gorgonnash-us
Conclave of Wind doesn't drop loot?

Post by Aeolyn » August 30th, 2017, 8:25 am

Killed Conclave trying to get the pet. There isn't any loot. Did a quick google search, apparently there's a long history of the fight not dropping loot. What do I do? How can I avoid this in the future? Not sure if I killed the boss too quick or pet classes bug it out or what. It's really irritating that I need a minipet off this boss and a seemingly longstanding bug hasn't been addressed.

Graven
Pet Score:5307
Realm:Terenas-eu

Re: Conclave of Wind doesn't drop loot?

Post by Graven » August 30th, 2017, 8:44 am

Killed it this morning on 2 different characters - no loot either time. Used to come across this issue a lot when I was farming for the dragon mount, but never figured out what actually causes it. Just seems that sometimes you get loot, sometimes you don't. :?

Had similar problems with Rhyolith in Firelands giving no loot, but at least there isn't a pet we need from him.

Gilneas
Top Rater
Pet Score:10095
Realm:Kargath-us

Post by Gilneas » August 30th, 2017, 9:24 am

I've never had an issue with them. It's also pretty hard to kill them fast since you have to go from one platform to another. Did you specifically check Nezir? I think he is always the one that drops the loot even if he is not the last killed.

Rhyolith though I almost always fail to get loot from him. Which of course is fine as far as pets go.

Nuriana
Pet Score:13877
Realm:Zirkel des Cenarius-eu

Post by Nuriana » August 30th, 2017, 9:53 am

You have noticed that the loot of Al'akir is up in the air inside a floating crystal?
And sometimes the first three bosses indeed don't have loot, happens to me very often.

Gráinne
Pet Score:13284
Realm:Magtheridon-eu

Post by Gráinne » August 30th, 2017, 10:20 am

The loot from Conclave is always on Nezir (the middle one, assuming you go round). I have never failed to get loot from him.

OTOH, I have run Firelands a lot - enough to get three mount drops from Alys - and I never failed to get loot from Rhyolith until I read Graven's comment today. Graven, you've jinxed me! :P

Vhale
MVP
Pet Score:10441
Realm:Durotan-us

Post by Vhale » August 30th, 2017, 3:12 pm

I failed to get loot the first time I ran Conclave but had no problems after I slowed down a wee bit on all following runs.
Rhyolith, I'll repost what I put on the Pet Battle Forum. I failed to get loot on 5 out of 6th runs.

Attacked, no dots. Stood back and noticed that his leg would go down and then average into his total health. So I waited for him to stop his intro speech. Then I brought his leg down a bit, not to zero but enough to average then transition. That was the one time he went molten for me. Waiting for him to get done talking and not having dots on him or taking the leg straight to zero.

I've also run Firelands quite a bit and never had issues with him before today. Either our ilvl is high enough to make it bumpy or something got glitched. I haven't run it on any of my lower alts and I've only done it on 25, all heroic but 1 (which still bugged out)

Peanutty
Pet Score:9635
Realm:Kil'jaeden-us

Post by Peanutty » August 30th, 2017, 3:48 pm

I failed to get loot off Rhyolith and Conclave this week. Opened ticket for both.

Ran ToFW on another toon, making sure to kill Nezir last this time, and was able to loot him.

EDIT: GM sent loot from both bosses to me after I ticketed, and suggested I kill them far far more gently. ;)
Last edited by Peanutty on August 30th, 2017, 7:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gráinne
Pet Score:13284
Realm:Magtheridon-eu

Post by Gráinne » August 30th, 2017, 5:33 pm

Rhyolith has often bugged out for me if I take him to Stage 2 him too fast. This is not new; I've seen it since early WoD.

However, when Rhyolith bugs, he bugs by becoming untargetable, and I have to invis or run out to reset. When I do kill him, he drops loot normally.

Just a thought: I usually kill Kar the Everburning before I start Rhyolith. Today, for some reason, I didn't kill Kar on the try where Rhyolith gave no loot. I did it twice after, killed Kar as usual, and Rhyolith did give loot. May be a co-inky-dink, but just mentioning.

NeverFinal
Pet Score:11088
BattleTag®:NeverFinal#1703
Realm:Bladefist-us

Post by NeverFinal » September 1st, 2017, 7:37 pm

I had this happen to me on my Lock and Hunter. I contacted a GM (who returned the loot). He said that i didnt get loot because my pets got the killing blows in both instances. So dismiss your pets before doing these encounters.

Landerolin
Pet Score:6846
Realm:Steamwheedle Cartel-eu

Post by Landerolin » September 4th, 2017, 7:17 am

Gráinne wrote:Just a thought: I usually kill Kar the Everburning before I start Rhyolith. Today, for some reason, I didn't kill Kar on the try where Rhyolith gave no loot. I did it twice after, killed Kar as usual, and Rhyolith did give loot. May be a co-inky-dink, but just mentioning.
Definitely a coincidence - I routinely skip Kar using Alys' flight and get loot. It's all about killing him before he can transition to P2. You just need to slow DPS a bit.

As for Conclave, I had the same issue with my Hunter, so well worthwhile dismissing pets and going a bit slower. GM sent me the loot a few hours after raising a ticket, though I'd already got the 2 I needed (one for me, one for my wife <3) by then!

Digem
MVP
Pet Score:13800
Realm:Fizzcrank-us

Post by Digem » September 5th, 2017, 12:01 pm

Have to kill the middle guy last or you might not get loot . It has been a bug for that fight for years once we started killing it so quickly

Gilneas
Top Rater
Pet Score:10095
Realm:Kargath-us

Post by Gilneas » September 5th, 2017, 12:39 pm

Digem wrote:Have to kill the middle guy last or you might not get loot . It has been a bug for that fight for years once we started killing it so quickly

Doesn't seem to be accurate. I always go Rohash, Nezir, Anshal; I one shot all 3 and never have an issue.

If there is a bug that causes no loot, it isn't that simple to nail down.

Peanutty
Pet Score:9635
Realm:Kil'jaeden-us

Post by Peanutty » September 5th, 2017, 2:20 pm

After my first kill last week I've been killing Nezir last just so 1) I end up on his platform to loot and 2) to slow down how fast I kill them so hopefully they don't bug out.

Digem
MVP
Pet Score:13800
Realm:Fizzcrank-us

Post by Digem » September 8th, 2017, 10:48 am

Gilneas wrote:
Digem wrote:Have to kill the middle guy last or you might not get loot . It has been a bug for that fight for years once we started killing it so quickly

Doesn't seem to be accurate. I always go Rohash, Nezir, Anshal; I one shot all 3 and never have an issue.

If there is a bug that causes no loot, it isn't that simple to nail down.

Every time I haven't gotten loot on that fight or any guildie or friend it was always due to not killing the middle guy last. Every time I kill the middle guy last I get loot