Lofty Libram

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Scarydreams
Pet Score:2669
Realm:Bladefist-us
Lofty Libram

Post by Scarydreams » December 21st, 2012, 6:35 pm

Today was a good for me I had been wanting to get a Lofty Libram ever since I saw my friends. After checking the Forums here and reading all the comments about where to find this companion I was ready to go. When I got to the spot I was going to farm 28.87 - 43.43 I must have killed 200 Rats ( So it seamed ) I did battle 3 rats hoping that a Lofty Libram would be the 2nd pet but I wasn't very lucky . After about 40 to 50 mins I had 2 Lofty Librams spawn both were poor but that was OK with me I'm lucky to have a Battle Stone to upgrade one to a Rare. I hope this information will help someone else get there first Lofty Libram to.

Here is a link to the Lofty Libram here on the site for those who do not know

http://www.warcraftpets.com/wow-pets/ma ... ty-libram/

Cloud
Pet Score:2135
Realm:Hellscream-eu

Re: Lofty Libram

Post by Cloud » December 21st, 2012, 11:18 pm

I got my rare recently, just through patience, when suited and I wasnt in a rush every time I killed the grinch I popped my char (any of 10 different ones) over to the area and had a scan through battling any librams and either battling or killing most of the rats, and got lucky eventually. This time of year most ppl will be travelling there at some stage...........just be persistant and you'll get what you need

Aislinge
MVP
Pet Score:4299
BattleTag®:Aislinge#1549
Realm:Dath'Remar-us

Post by Aislinge » December 28th, 2012, 8:49 am

I've found Uncommon isn't too difficult. They increase in frequency with all the people coming for the Greench, so it's a good time to stop past and have a look.

Still waiting for my rare, but I'm not overly fussed.

Battleman
Pet Score:3455
Realm:Kirin Tor-us

Post by Battleman » December 28th, 2012, 10:16 am

I fianlly got my rare last night. Wint to do the greach on a low level. SO since he was not dead. I wint to cheack for a libram. Just as i was finishing a turn around, with NO pets showing at all. I see one paw. It turned out to be a rare =)

Rhoswyn
Pet Score:9925
Realm:Sargeras-us

Post by Rhoswyn » December 28th, 2012, 10:37 am

My Rare was just luck too, I kept checking when I went after the Greench and saw a few of them fluttering about.

Frozenpets

Post by Frozenpets » December 28th, 2012, 11:17 am

I got mine awhile back, just kept a level 75 alt out there, and flew him around every hour or so, eventually got one to pop up.

proud owner of "shephard book" shiny!

Mastr
MVP
Pet Score:14000
Realm:Burning Blade-us

Post by Mastr » December 28th, 2012, 1:03 pm

For those of you still trying for this pet I'd recommend multiple short checks. I saw people patrolling at all hours of the day and night and thought it would be hard to get. Got mine at about 7pm server time right after I logged in to check which is probably peak time, now I just need to stone it.

Luckyrabbit1982
Pet Score:7463
Realm:Area 52-us

Post by Luckyrabbit1982 » December 28th, 2012, 6:02 pm

Mastr wrote:For those of you still trying for this pet I'd recommend multiple short checks. I saw people patrolling at all hours of the day and night and thought it would be hard to get. Got mine at about 7pm server time right after I logged in to check which is probably peak time, now I just need to stone it.
This is my strategy for most of the harder to get pets with slow spawn timers. I would really suggest that if you have multiple characters, esp alts that you don't play much to just park them in various spots and log in and check. I see people camping and sitting for hours at a time, and it just feels like such a waste.

This is how I got my rare lofty libram, as well as my Minfernal. All of the new pets released with 5.1 are difficult to get and overly farmed, so this strat has worked to save me from pulling my hair out, and still getting what I need.

Another tip I have found useful is to log in at odd hours, if you get a chance. Early mornings seems to be my best time to get the most chances with overly farmed pets. I got my rare Spawn of Onyxia at 4am when MoP first released and everyone was camping it.

Amedeesse
Pet Score:3252
Realm:Illidan-us

Post by Amedeesse » December 28th, 2012, 7:52 pm

I've found a rare after my 5th or so Lofty fight, I've had maybe 2 uncommon, and the last 3 were a mix of poor and common. These actually drove me nuts, much more so than I would have thought.

NathKnave
Top Rater
Pet Score:6469
Realm:Aerie Peak-us

Post by NathKnave » December 29th, 2012, 3:38 am

I haven't really ever had a problem with finding these. I can usually find a few to battle every time I fly out here. Still trying to find a rare, but I'm sure I'll see one eventually (or a battle-stone, but I think Minfernal has dibs).

I've had minimal trouble trying to find a lot of the "rare" pets (other than Minfernal and Scourged Whelpling, of which I've seen a total of three times between them). It's possible that I'm incredibly lucky, but I've also read speculation that pets might spawn more often on a PvP realm.

Kaitz
Pet Score:3036
BattleTag®:Kaitz#2808
Realm:Ghostlands-eu

Post by Kaitz » December 29th, 2012, 7:16 am

I got an uncommon of the libram but I am just going to use a stone to upgrade, no point farming one when its quite rare to begin with imo
Please visit my blog: [url]http://memoirsofapetcollector.blogspot.co.uk/[/url]

Frozenpets

Post by Frozenpets » December 29th, 2012, 10:52 am

you may want to try again before doing that. I left an alt there and had great success as did many others with same method. I have only found 2 magic stones in all my bags, and needed both, one for minfernal(actually that was an all purpose stone, didnt even have a magic stone) and the only true magic stone I got, I used on "legs" and still want more to use on the broom, the magic lamp, and others.

Jimbodan
Pet Score:8469
BattleTag®:jimbodan#1642
Realm:Moonrunner-us

Post by Jimbodan » December 29th, 2012, 7:51 pm

I got mine by sheer luck too. Like many others when I go to kill the Greench I'd always fly by and check. Right before I got mine I saw a couple campers were complaining about their bad luck in general, one claimed he had been camping for 10 hours with no luck. After a couple more of my alts had done their Greench daily I figured I'd give it one last check for the night and sure enough there was one up and it was a rare.