What are your daily routines for pet leveling?

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Matrixenforcer
Pet Score:7354
Realm:Moon Guard-us
What are your daily routines for pet leveling?

Post by Matrixenforcer » July 7th, 2017, 8:25 pm

I know that during WOD, there were a few optimized leveling routes for pet tamers that you could follow daily to level your pets efficiently. I know that Legion's WQ system has really made Broken Shore pet battling unpredictable. Do you all still basically just follow the old WOD routes now or does anyone have anything new they use?

Thanks,
Matrixenforcer

Jerebear
Pet Score:13370
Realm:Llane-us

Re: What are your daily routines for pet leveling?

Post by Jerebear » July 7th, 2017, 9:24 pm

you generally have two options:

On days squirt is up, just do squirt all day long

On other days, do the MoP/WoD circuits. Both can be done together in under an hour with the right teams (I can usually do all 11 MoP, 6 WoD, and 1 other random tamer in the full hour). The tamers in legion give the same EXP but are less practical to do.
Carry Pet Experience Reference Guide:
http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=8829

Peanutty
Pet Score:9635
Realm:Kil'jaeden-us

Post by Peanutty » July 8th, 2017, 12:42 pm

I still do the old MoP tamer circuits when leveling. Currently I've been holding off on leveling new pets as I'm working on leveling a monk (for Ban-Fu), once the monk is high enough I'll level both the toon and my battle pets at the same time.

Nagini
Top Rater
Pet Score:9683
Realm:Kael'thas-us

Post by Nagini » July 9th, 2017, 3:54 am

Ever since i got most of my pets to 25, i take it slow and just have alts by some pet battlers. One by ashlei, to get lvl 1 pets to where they can take a hit, one by Crysa (mostly for the loot) and one by the pandaren water spirit. Each fight gives a little experience each day for my characters, and i easily get the pets i need leveled up. I'm guessing ill put another alt out there come the mechanics trainer near gnomergan.

Drudatz
Top Rater
Pet Score:10205
Realm:Kul Tiras-eu

Post by Drudatz » July 9th, 2017, 4:43 pm

Matrixenforcer wrote:I know that during WOD, there were a few optimized leveling routes for pet tamers that you could follow daily to level your pets efficiently. I know that Legion's WQ system has really made Broken Shore pet battling unpredictable. Do you all still basically just follow the old WOD routes now or does anyone have anything new they use
Remember that you can now buy Ultimate Battle-Training Stones for 45 Pet Charms!

Gráinne
Pet Score:13284
Realm:Magtheridon-eu

Post by Gráinne » July 9th, 2017, 4:48 pm

Drudatz wrote:Remember that you can now buy Ultimate Battle-Training Stones for 45 Pet Charms!
And that you can get those in a day or two without ever touching pet battles at all by buying Boon of the Zookeeper from Draemus in the pet shop in Dalaran.

They really need to make them BoA and stackable. I have like 30 of those taking up space in alts' banks.

Jazeel
Pet Score:9583
Realm:Saurfang-us

Post by Jazeel » July 9th, 2017, 5:03 pm

i only used the 2 basic wod tamers. the frostfire ridge and shadowmoon valley. had alts parked at various tamers that were pre wod that i found more efficient for levelling pets. still have most of them parked there.

Flow
Realm:Magtheridon-eu

Post by Flow » July 9th, 2017, 7:50 pm

Gráinne wrote:I have like 30 of those taking up space in alts' banks.
They stack now, since the patch three weeks ago.

_

Abbotta
MVP
Pet Score:11315
BattleTag®:LynneSin#1318
Realm:Area 52-us

Post by Abbotta » July 13th, 2017, 4:28 pm

I've been focusing on getting flying for Legion (Gave up on WoD, mind you I play a few months every year).

I've got 70% of my pets at level 25 and my avg pet level is at 22, so I kinda dropped doing the WoD/MoP tamers except during pet battle bonus week.

When I do get a new level 1 pet I just battle-stone it to level 25. For the 30% that aren't level 25 I'll get them there on the next Squirt level day or level one here or there when a Legion World Quest has a leveling opportunity.

I do like the idea someone mentioned about keeping alts at key pet tamers. I only have 2 level 90+ toons so I might leave the one at Ashlei and perhaps some of my level 40-70 toons at key tamers from Northend/Outland and other high level areas.

FuxieDK
Pet Score:13645
BattleTag®:FuxieDK#2678
Realm:Draenor-eu

Post by FuxieDK » August 11th, 2017, 4:40 pm

My daily routine for pet levelling, is to wait impatient for more pets to be added to the fame, so I get something to level...

NathKnave
Top Rater
Pet Score:6469
Realm:Aerie Peak-us

Post by NathKnave » August 19th, 2017, 2:38 pm

While I've had 100% pets at max level in every expansion since Mists, during Legion it just makes sense to continue doing the pet battle WQs since you're doing WQs anyway. I started leveling up pets that I was putting on the AH. I was amazed that the Sinister Squashlings I was struggling to sell for 50g would sell so quickly for 1,500g at level 25. The markup on already expensive pets isn't nearly as dramatic, but cheap holiday pets and racial vendor pets is pretty decent.

Anyway, I wouldn't say I have a routine, but I tend to prioritize WQs with battlestones or pet charms for rewards. Two or three WQs for pet charms gets you enough to buy a level 25 stone, plus you should get another pet pretty close to level 20. Also, I don't level pets past level 20 with pet battles. Once I have a pet level 20+ I finish it off with stones. It's pretty easy to level a few pets with battles and have enough pet charms to level a few more with level 25 stones each week.

Nagini
Top Rater
Pet Score:9683
Realm:Kael'thas-us

Post by Nagini » August 21st, 2017, 11:56 am

The pet battle dailies in old zones are actually pretty good exp for not just the battle pets but also for the toon considering the tiny amount of effort involved. My mage was sitting at 96 at the start of legion, and is now 103. That is with me I often skipping a day or two too.