Favorite Place to Battle

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Theejackal
Pet Score:4075
Realm:Mannoroth-us
Favorite Place to Battle

Post by Theejackal » July 9th, 2017, 7:22 am

Where is your favorite spot to level pets through wild battles. Mine is in Shadowmoon Valley by Temple of Karabor beaches where the Moonshell Crabs hangout.

The crabs range from 23-25 and usually start with a healing or defensive move. You can bring a level 1 in on the first move, swap to a brilliant bloodfeather and mop up. One battle with a 50% XP increase during pet battle weeks takes a level 1 to 9. I try to get as many 1s leveled up for when Squirt comes back into town.

Let me know your favorite spot.

Jesjbrown
MVP
Pet Score:4219
Realm:Garona-us

Re: Favorite Place to Battle

Post by Jesjbrown » July 9th, 2017, 9:38 am

I love to level along the river in Halfhill in Valley of the Four Winds. There are plenty of high level beasts and aquatics to fight, but more importantly, it's beautiful, underpopulated, and the music is lovely. Definitely makes the pet battle grinds go faster. Such a peaceful place.

Gráinne
Pet Score:13284
Realm:Magtheridon-eu

Re: Favorite Place to Battle

Post by Gráinne » July 9th, 2017, 4:42 pm

I always used to start my Level 1s in Mistfall.

[pet]Turkey[/pet]/Food Coma. Swap in Level 1. Swap in [pet]Pterrordax Hatchling[/pet], which would clean up and heal itself.

But beyond level 1, once they could take a hit, like Jesjbrown, I preferred Halfhill. It was just nicer. These days, I'd use a Dreadful Breath team just because I'm lazy, but back then I used to love the [pet]Cornish Rex Cat[/pet]. So long as you never kill except with Devour, that cat could go all day without heals.

If I had been doing it in Warlords, I might have considered the Icespines in Frostfire Ridge.