PVP Prestige Farming finished?

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Noel
Pet Score:13092
Realm:Kel'Thuzad-us
PVP Prestige Farming finished?

Post by Noel » July 6th, 2017, 6:22 pm

I'm 7 days from prestige 7....then I'm all done with the pvp pets OMG!!!

However I realize there's still 11 more prestige levels to get mounts etc....are other pet collectors giving into their OCD and farming to the end?

I'm 50/50....grind to the end or quit the game forever (not really) lol

Saite
Pet Score:13760
Realm:Bladefist-eu

Re: PVP Prestige Farming finished?

Post by Saite » July 6th, 2017, 7:28 pm

Prestige 7 on both Horde and Alliance? If that is the case then I need to salute you. :shock:

Well done!

Peanutty
Pet Score:9635
Realm:Kil'jaeden-us

Post by Peanutty » July 6th, 2017, 7:56 pm

I wanted to quit doing towers after prestige 7 but I guess I'm farming til the end (just with one faction of course.) Honestly don't know how far I'll get but I figured I might as well try and get at least a few of the mounts. Still working on getting prestige 7 on an alt for the horde pet... I think I'm closing in on prestige 6 there, so at least that will be over soon.

Plus still need to finish Free For All, More For Me, I didn't realize the achievements listed all had to be on one toon. :(

Noel

Post by Noel » July 6th, 2017, 8:01 pm

Yep both (well in 7 days, unless I lapse and quit doing the stuff I"m doing)

For the curious my daily routine on both has been to use my auto complete every day on a 500 honor WQ. Then do the 3 towers and one 500 WQ in the evening, and if time one random BG win. 2000ish per day or 25 days per prestige. I still think 7 prestige for the pet was too much though.

Of course I may just be hard to please because now I"m ultrafocused on AP for my DK and Monk lol and that seems too long. About 2 weeks left on the monk and about 2-3 months on the DK, depending on how many heroics I tank.

My ultra paranoid self leveled one of each class just in case they added some pets to warrior or something; they're all on or just finished their class mount quest...OCD anyone? :)

Darkchyld
Pet Score:13668
BattleTag®:Darkchyld#1345
Realm:Tichondrius-us

Post by Darkchyld » July 7th, 2017, 12:03 am

Yeah, it's a nice to be done with the grinds. Got all pets currently available besides the last deadmines pet and the ToS achievement pet which I'll wait a little longer for. Don't really know what to do with myself since pets are the only real reason I play this game.

Ryazan
MVP
Pet Score:13560
Realm:Ragnaros-eu

Post by Ryazan » July 7th, 2017, 2:43 am

I finished my horde toon a good week ago while my alliance will hit PLVL16 today.

For my main the daily routine (and seasonly) is to do all the four FFA WQs + towers each day; if done every day you'll get one plvl pretty much in two weeks when coupled with few bg wins on top of that. I also do the pvp event quests and some skirmishes when I'm bored. If I happen to miss an FFA, I make it up by doing bgs so that I won't get "left behind" on my schedule. All this pretty much means it's ~8 weeks of grind and then 5ish weeks of not doing anything yay.

Except, being my alt and to avoid getting totally burnt out, I did only the towers + one/two FFA per day with the horde toon which lead to the late completion. But man, doing the same shit for half a year and then not needing to do it anymore on one day feels so good. :D Can't wait to cap this season so I can have a totally WoWless few weeks (previously horde alt kept going each day even if main was done for the season)!

I also want encourage people to do at least the Operation: Murloc Freedom and Bareback Brawl FFAs even if you are not PvP-oriented. Further, use the [url=https://mods.curse.com/addons/wow/worldquestgroupfinder]World Quest Group Finder addon[/url] if you aren't yet, it will help immensely. With it, I've finished those aforementioned quests in minutes without even seeing a hostile player. Murloc one can get messy though if there are no mobs up, but still I'd recommend to give it/them a go to cut down some of the tedious honor grind. :)
- Taking your candles since 2005

Noel

Post by Noel » July 7th, 2017, 8:01 am

Both toons are my alts; my "main" isn't doing any pvp. I think I'll continue on one faction but probably very light (perhaps 3 towers and one FFA per day).

AP has my attention now, I just realized that trait 49.5 is half way to power ascended...

Khorah
Pet Score:11506
BattleTag®:Khorah#1833
Realm:Medivh-us

Post by Khorah » July 7th, 2017, 4:13 pm

Leveled up my mages just to be able to nuke the 500 honor WQ, then shoot for the towers as time permits... Dunno if I will make the run for the mounts or not though :o

Cardee
Top Rater
Pet Score:13784
Realm:Lightbringer-us

Post by Cardee » July 8th, 2017, 1:00 am

No, I'm not going for the mounts. My Ally toon hit Prestige 7 ~6 weeks ago, and my Horde toon hit Prestige 7 ~2 weeks ago. My daily routine was to use the class hall free quest completion perk (both my Ally and Horde toons have it) on a FFA and then do the 3 towers. It's so nice to be retired from doing those now, although I still do them every now and then if I was feeling industrious about farming AP.

Shashos
Pet Score:13727
Realm:Doomhammer-us

Post by Shashos » July 8th, 2017, 12:50 pm

Due to nervousness over wPvP, I got started too late. I'm only up to midway to Prestige 2 on my Ally main and not even up to Prestige 1 on my Horde alt. I doubt I'll even make it to the next mount/pet reward on either of them before things are wiped.

It's really making me feel like I'm possibly wasting my time because there's no information (that I can find) on the availability of these rewards past the end of the expansion.