Bronze Whelpling

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Theejackal
Pet Score:4075
Realm:Mannoroth-us
Bronze Whelpling

Post by Theejackal » July 3rd, 2017, 4:09 pm

Does the Bronze Whelpling still drop? I feel like I have had my nephew grinding the Blasted Lands for no reason.

Flow
Realm:Magtheridon-eu

Re: Bronze Whelpling

Post by Flow » July 3rd, 2017, 5:01 pm

It should, yea, iirc it's a 1% drop rate. You sure your nephew is in the level 90 version of the zone?

Tbh it may be better getting it off ah, that way you'll get the breed you want. They used to be 5k in eu back in Wod.

Nagini
Top Rater
Pet Score:9683
Realm:Kael'thas-us

Post by Nagini » July 4th, 2017, 3:31 am

From my memory, the droprate was alot below 1% (which would imply one drop every 100 mobs on average, with anything above 140 being unusually poor luck), whereas my counter is stopped at well beyond 2000 mobs for my last farm atm. I think it's more in the 0.01% ballpark as far as droprate goes.

Flow

Post by Flow » July 4th, 2017, 3:28 pm

Nagini wrote:(which would imply one drop every 100 mobs on average, with anything above 140 being unusually poor luck)
I wouldn't say that, you only have a 75% chance of getting something at a 1% drop rate after 140 kills. Maybe 300 kills would be a little bit unusual, still a 5% chance of not getting it at that point. I think my bad luck streak record is 700 and then some for the toy in ToT.

Wowhead though indicates a 0,25% drop rate so thats probably right, maybe a little lower like 0,2% since some grinded for the pet and stopped when they got it. At 0,25% drop rate 99% of players would have gotten it after 1840 kills so you were very unlucky.

I can't recall how fast you can kill mobs there, it's been awhile (I remember it dropped after about 45min of grinding for me, but also did the quests first, so maybe had an hour of mob kills in total).

_

Theejackal

Post by Theejackal » July 5th, 2017, 8:50 am

Wow...still no Bronze Whelp. I was at it for probably 2 hours. Then I gave the nephew a go (he probably put in another 2), I figured an 11 year old could outlast the grind. He couldn't spend more than 5 minutes at it yesterday lol.

Pretty sure we are in the right spot. Blasted Lands lvl 90. Have been farming the mine and outside the mine that is westish of Nethergrade Keep.

Flow

Post by Flow » July 5th, 2017, 4:01 pm

You should just buy it. Usually it's not worthwhile grinding for things unless they are expensive, because it's faster to farm the gold needed to buy it than it is to grind for the drop. Having a gathering profession helps, but isn't required. Some old stuff sells for alot, Volatile Fires are 90g on my server, a year ago they were 4-5g each.

You want the SS breed anyway, that's the breed you need to level pets off Squirt in the Garrison in the most efficient way.

_

NeverFinal
Pet Score:11897
BattleTag®:NeverFinal#1703
Realm:Bladefist-us

Post by NeverFinal » July 5th, 2017, 7:03 pm

I just farmed this the other day. The drop chance is 1 in 500. I already had one but needed an S/S. (If you are going to take the time to farm one get a S/S. Its needed for the quickest Squirt fight to level your pets. Go to the Top left of the map to Dreadmaul Hold. In this place is a keep. Just stay in the keep. Start on the bottom floor and kill everything then run to the second floor and back outside on the roof (Dont go all the way up the ramp to the named mob). Run around the roof killing mobs then jump off the front and go back inside. Everything should have spawned again. Just do this over and over. I farmed over 1k kills and got 2 drops. Get an addon called Rarity and find the pet in the list. Click it and it will track your progress. It will even sound off when you get the drop with the level up sound and a fake achievement on the screen. Theres like 5 different breeds but the S/S is the one you want so good luck.

FuxieDK
Pet Score:13645
BattleTag®:FuxieDK#2678
Realm:Draenor-eu

Post by FuxieDK » July 6th, 2017, 3:58 am

I farmed the whelp, during the original event...
937 kills (of mobs that Wowhead confirmed to drop the pet) and I gave up and bought it on AH..

It's the pet with the worst drop rate, since [pet]Disgusting Oozeling[/pet]...

Theejackal

Post by Theejackal » July 9th, 2017, 7:13 am

I've been watching the AH for a little while with no luck either. On the plus I got Syd the Squid yesterday.

GrosBonda
Pet Score:10429
BattleTag®:Grosbonda#1406
Realm:Arygos-us

Post by GrosBonda » July 10th, 2017, 9:09 am

Theejackal wrote:I've been watching the AH for a little while with no luck either. On the plus I got Syd the Squid yesterday.
https://theunderminejournal.com/#us/mannoroth/battlepet/1563
give you lot of info