Sun Darter Hatchling

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Petunnia93
Top Rater
Pet Score:9240
Realm:Uther-us
Sun Darter Hatchling

Post by Petunnia93 » June 25th, 2017, 6:15 pm

Looking for someone with perky pug to help me get the Sun Darter Hatchling. I currently have all the items except the pug.....

Dalandius
Pet Score:13133
Realm:Earthen Ring-us

Re: Sun Darter Hatchling

Post by Dalandius » June 25th, 2017, 7:10 pm

The [pet]Perky Pug[/pet] is not tradable so I'm not sure how someone with it would be able to help you. Getting does take a while but is not hard to do.

GrosBonda
Pet Score:10429
BattleTag®:Grosbonda#1406
Realm:Arygos-us

Post by GrosBonda » June 25th, 2017, 8:27 pm

Dalandius is right..... it does take time but easyly doable to get the pug
The only other way someone could help, is to trade all the tradable part required for the darter to an alt....
and the person give it to you after...

FuxieDK
Pet Score:13645
BattleTag®:FuxieDK#2678
Realm:Draenor-eu

Post by FuxieDK » June 26th, 2017, 12:43 am

Petunnia93 wrote:Looking for someone with perky pug to help me get the Sun Darter Hatchling. I currently have all the items except the pug.....
Do a few dungeons and you get the pug fast..

I think you need to do LFD with 50 random people (i.e. it counts 4 for each dungeon you solo queue for)..

Gilneas
Top Rater
Pet Score:10095
Realm:Kargath-us

Post by Gilneas » June 26th, 2017, 5:28 am

FuxieDK wrote:
Petunnia93 wrote:Looking for someone with perky pug to help me get the Sun Darter Hatchling. I currently have all the items except the pug.....

I think you need to do LFD with 50 random people (i.e. it counts 4 for each dungeon you solo queue for)..
100 people. 50 is just the title The Patient. So 25 dungeon runs when you queue solo.

FuxieDK
Pet Score:13645
BattleTag®:FuxieDK#2678
Realm:Draenor-eu

Post by FuxieDK » June 26th, 2017, 2:45 pm

Gilneas wrote:
FuxieDK wrote:

100 people. 50 is just the title The Patient. So 25 dungeon runs when you queue solo.
Hmm.. I remembered it, to be the other way around..

Surprised, some people still haven't gotten the achievement, since it was introduced ~8 years ago..

Peanutty
Pet Score:9635
Realm:Kil'jaeden-us

Post by Peanutty » June 26th, 2017, 3:03 pm

FuxieDK wrote:Surprised, some people still haven't gotten the achievement, since it was introduced ~8 years ago..
Not everyone likes doing dungeons, or doing them with randoms. If you set a goal of doing 1 or 2 a day you'll get it quickly enough.

The faster route to the Sun Darter is to simply buy the pet off the AH though it does cost a pretty penny right now.

Mirith
Pet Score:11678
Realm:Stormrage-us

Post by Mirith » June 26th, 2017, 4:53 pm

Peanutty wrote:
FuxieDK wrote:Surprised, some people still haven't gotten the achievement, since it was introduced ~8 years ago..
Not everyone likes doing dungeons, or doing them with randoms. If you set a goal of doing 1 or 2 a day you'll get it quickly enough.

The faster route to the Sun Darter is to simply buy the pet off the AH though it does cost a pretty penny right now.
And with the new currency for upgrading legendaries, there is even more incentive to queue up with the randoms. They will be quick and easy, and as long as you relatively keep up, no one will actually care what you are doing.

Frightwig
Top Rater
Pet Score:6493
Realm:Saurfang-eu

Post by Frightwig » July 2nd, 2017, 11:40 am

There was a comment on the Wowhead page for the Sun Darter Hatchling by Myzou that suggested the Perky Pug was optional. Apparently, others have confirmed this to be the case (Sorry, I am unable to link the page/comment here as I don't yet have enough posts). This is what it says:

By Myzou (14,704 – 3·24·171) 10 days ago (Patch 7.2.0)
I can confirm - I just did the cave without doing the Gordok Ogre Suit/Winterfall Firewater part. I accidentally clicked off the Ogre Suit while trying to click off my flask (which was preventing me from using the Firewater).

Based on other comments here - It seems you have to do EITHER the Gordok Ogre Suit/Firewater OR the Pygmy/Perky Pug+Princess, not both.

We've had confirmed comments stating that they were done without doing one or the other.
Last edited by Myzou 2 days ago (Patch 7.2.5)

I tried this out today on the PTR using the ogre suit, but without the Perky Pug and was able to obtain the Sun Darter Hatchling without issue. I didn't get the Sign of the First buff from the cube, but after going through the dialogue, I went ahead and found the gate open to where the tarnished plaque is, and the egg containing the Sun Darter Hatchling can be obtained.

Proceed at your own risk, I suppose. ;)

ETA: I went ahead and completed the puzzle on live and had no trouble obtaining the hatchling by using the Ogre suit and not using the Perky Pug (I don't have one yet). I'm still going to force myself through the heroic LFGs to get the pug, however.

Salus
Pet Score:8751
Realm:Hyjal-us

Post by Salus » July 2nd, 2017, 7:12 pm

Frightwig wrote:Based on other comments here - It seems you have to do EITHER the Gordok Ogre Suit/Firewater OR the Pygmy/Perky Pug+Princess, not both.
Interesting. I wonder if Blizzard considers this a bug? And if so, will they bother to patch it? Either way, if you're missing the Pug, go do it now!