Share pet collecting news and advice.
Hobbitpolitics
Top Rater
Pet Score:4678
BattleTag®:HowPolitical#2973
Realm:Silvermoon-eu
Predictions for 7.3/Argus patch?

Post by Hobbitpolitics » June 26th, 2017, 5:27 pm

This may be a little early, but what are your predictions and expectations for pets and pet battles for the next major patch?
Categories could be, pet balancing, new pets to collect, new pet battle content/new trainers/new dungeon, new challenges and achievements. I don't think PTR is "too far" away, we thirst for new content already.

Gilneas
Top Rater
Pet Score:10095
Realm:Kargath-us

Re: Predictions for 7.3/Argus patch?

Post by Gilneas » June 26th, 2017, 6:55 pm

The safe money is probably on the Gnomeregan pet dungeon.

Milotha
Top Rater
Pet Score:5471
BattleTag®:milotha#1158
Realm:Silver Hand-us

Post by Milotha » June 27th, 2017, 2:34 am

Throwing my guesses into the ring.

A new pet battle dungeon. Possibly Shadowfang keep
Two new class specific pets. Warrior and Hunter (spectral bear please) since I have not levelled those alts
A new craftable pet. Maybe inscription needs some pet love
A new achievement pet. How about one for having a max level character of each class or all professions at max level because we love playing alts.
Some new master pet battles and achievements for them.
A new store pet. Looking at you pixiebell.

Ebil
Pet Score:11957
Realm:Moon Guard-us

Post by Ebil » June 27th, 2017, 9:47 am

Please Milotha don't give them any ideas for giving pets for having all the classes or professions maxed.

Noel
Pet Score:13092
Realm:Kel'Thuzad-us

Post by Noel » June 27th, 2017, 2:06 pm

[quote="Milotha"]Throwing my guesses into the ring.

Two new class specific pets. Warrior and Hunter (spectral bear please) since I have not levelled those alts

Laughed at this lol murphy's law ftw, of course it will be those.

I'm waiting for the must have all classes Power Ascended on all specs achievement pet....and sadly I'd do it too lol

Jazeel
Pet Score:9583
Realm:Saurfang-us

Post by Jazeel » June 28th, 2017, 8:41 am

depending on how long patch 7.3 is planned to last, my guess is that another dungeon is likely, pets will get added to the paragon caches, pixiebell will finally be added, priests will get a class pet, and the blizzcon pet will either be a necromaner murky or an argus themed one.

Paladance
Pet Score:12412
Realm:Burning Legion-eu

Post by Paladance » June 28th, 2017, 11:27 am

Jazeel wrote:and the blizzcon pet will either be a necromaner murky or an argus themed one.
I guess they're gonna release the name of the next expansion the incoming late summer/fall, so it will be related to whatever is that expansion theme. Just like we had Murkidan in 2015.
That or a necromancer indeed, I think you were referring to Diablo?

RwL V, perhaps? I wasn't very good at predicting the IV ones, but I have some spots such as a chroma whelp.
A reskin of Argi, either corrupted or jewelled one.
That Titan structure we've seen in many places from Ulduar, through Celestial Tournament to the Fallen Avatar trash.
Maybe finally a deadly green wisp-like creature? (Just like we have a [pet]Spirit of Summer[/pet] that nobody knows what it is).

A toy allowing to simulate [Spoiler in ROT13: Vyyvqna'f geniry gb Nethf] and/or a glyph altering the shamans' Far Sight to a more mobile (think flying Eye of Kilrogg, but without an object blocking your sight) form. More a wish than a guess though.

I have compiled community knowledge & data about pet battle abilities!
https://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19507

Dalandius
Pet Score:13133
Realm:Earthen Ring-us

Post by Dalandius » June 28th, 2017, 2:00 pm

First 2 are easy to guess new christmas make a wish shop pet and one for Blizzcon.

More class specific pets, so far the list is:
Druid Order hall upgrade at 105 gives 1 class pet.
Warlock (same as Demon Hunter) order hall upgrade at 105 gives 1 class pet.
Demon Hunter (same pet Warlock) order Hall upgrade at 105 gives 1 class pet.
Shaman Pet fight in Order hall as soon as you have opened your order hall gives 1 class pet.
Deathknight 3 pets after mount quest gives 3 class pet.
Rogue after mount quest, plus two from picking pocket (but they are tradable) 1 class pet
Monk after mount quest gives 1class pet.

Which leaves the Hunter, Priests, Paladins, Mages and Warriors with no pet.
Paladin and Warriors should get a pet, Also while Hunters got a a new tame and Mages a toy they too should get a pet so all classes got a pet. The class pets are likely to be tied into what every the new thing they do with the artifact weapons.

I would think a new pet dungeon would be in 7.3.5.

Maybe new tamers but I do not think they will give a new pet like the tamers on the broken shore did not.

Maybe if we are lucky a couple new Fel flavoured wild pets to tame.

Gilneas
Top Rater
Pet Score:10095
Realm:Kargath-us

Post by Gilneas » June 28th, 2017, 4:41 pm

Well, 7.3 will probably be out well before Christmas. That sort of stuff could safely be in a smaller patch -- 7.3.5, for example -- after Blizzcon when it is announced.

Since we got WC in 7.2, DM in 7.2.5, and the Gnomer references were in the 7.2.5 PTR (which the RP segment the first time through DM supports as the next instance), seems like Gnomeregan pet dungeon is a shoe-in for 7.3, with a potential follow up in 7.3.5 like we got with DM. Also seems like a really good choice of dungeon, as it would provide something different from the first two. Backline pets would likely be mechanicals and magic. Quite different from the potential backline pets in WC and DM.

If Argus has a new zone/zones with World Quests, I think it's a safe assumption that there will be further pet battle World Quests there, just like with the Broken Shore, yes.

Similarly, a whole new planet as the new zone would suggest the possibility of different wildlife. Tanaan, Timeless Isle, Isle of Thunder all had new wild pets. Broken Shore is the only exception really. Perhaps that's understandable due to the Legion's invasion. The wildlife on Argus would have had many years to adapt however, so they should be very hardy and ready for capturing!

Drudatz
Top Rater
Pet Score:10205
Realm:Kul Tiras-eu

Post by Drudatz » June 28th, 2017, 7:18 pm

a pet for 100.000 won pvp pet battles :D

Hobbitpolitics
Top Rater

Post by Hobbitpolitics » June 28th, 2017, 7:28 pm

If Gnomeregan were to be the next pet battle dungeon I would assume we would be fighting leper gnomes, slimes and mechanical pets. We already have a bunch of slimes in the game, we have a few gnomes and we already have pets like Sentry Bot and lots of robot pets. I wonder what direction they could take with the rewards and bosses to make it original. Spider tank pet would be cool but that's pretty much all I can come up with.

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13896
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Quintessence » June 28th, 2017, 7:35 pm

[url=https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20757296503?page=1#1]Testing for the 7.3 PTR started[/url] today! A lot of content might still be WIP, but hopefully we'll hear/see some details on future pet battle content soon. ^_^
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Nelaphim
Top Rater
Pet Score:9951
Realm:Exodar-us

Post by Nelaphim » June 29th, 2017, 5:44 am

Seems... Spider Tank pet finally (Dibbler), Ghost Shark pet, Lil Naxx (Corruption Spewer? Naxxaramas Model?), and Golden Retriever/Dog models!

Milotha
Top Rater
Pet Score:5471
BattleTag®:milotha#1158
Realm:Silver Hand-us

Post by Milotha » June 29th, 2017, 9:49 am

Drudatz wrote:a pet for 100.000 won pvp pet battles :D
Now that's the spirit :)

Hobbitpolitics
Top Rater

Post by Hobbitpolitics » June 29th, 2017, 11:11 am

Hobbitpolitics wrote:If Gnomeregan were to be the next pet battle dungeon I would assume we would be fighting leper gnomes, slimes and mechanical pets. We already have a bunch of slimes in the game, we have a few gnomes and we already have pets like Sentry Bot and lots of robot pets. I wonder what direction they could take with the rewards and bosses to make it original. Spider tank pet would be cool but that's pretty much all I can come up with.
Haha I guess I got it right just before it went on PTR :D [url]http://ptr.wowhead.com/item=151645/model-d1-bb-l3r#battle-pet[/url]

Flow
Realm:Magtheridon-eu

Post by Flow » June 29th, 2017, 2:08 pm

Tbh, I'm a bit overwhelmed by all the content. Either feel bad inside for not getting them all, or spend way too much time playing when I should do irl stuff. Anybody else feel the same?

My guess release will be late august/september, when vacation is over and the kids back in school.
_