Ultimate Counters

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Eviver
Pet Score:5244
Realm:Tichondrius-us
Ultimate Counters

Post by Eviver » December 26th, 2012, 5:51 pm

Haven't seen this info around much but its a list of pets that take less damage while having abilities that do more damage vs each type. Thought should post it to help some people out to decided what pets to collect and level.

UNDEAD - Aquatic with Critter Damage - Frogs, Turtles
MAGIC - Mechanical with Dragonkin Damage - Mechanical Pandaren Dragonling
AQUATIC- Magic with Flying Damage - Jade Owl
FLYING - Dragonkin with magic attacks, Emerald Proto whelp, Nether Faerie Dragons, Sprite Darter, Lil Taregosa, Nexus Whelpling, Azure Whelpling, Chrominius, Emerald Whelping, Netherwhelp
BEAST - Flying with Mechanical Damage - Dragon Kite
CRITTER -Humanoid with Beast Damage - Flayer Youngling, Kun-lai Runt, Stunted Yeti, Curious Wolvar Pup
MECHANICAL- Any Elemental
HUMANOID - Beast with Undead Damage - Grubs Maggots
DRAGONKIN -Undead with Humanoid Damage -Scourged Whelpling
ELEMENTAL- Critter with Aquatic Damage - Snails

Dragonling
Top Rater
Pet Score:2160
Realm:Sen'jin-us

Re: Ultimate Counters

Post by Dragonling » December 27th, 2012, 2:06 pm

There have been a handful of threads with similar lists. It might be worth having one of the older threads stickied, since there's a wealth of good information.

Here are my personal picks:

UNDEAD - Leopard Tree Frog (Still unsure if this is what I want to stick with, but I don't fight undead often.)
MAGIC - Mechanical Pandaren Dragonling (obvious choice)
AQUATIC- Jade Owl (Still need to upgrade...)
FLYING - Nether Faerie Dragon (Some argue that Sprite Darter Hatchling is better because of the speed, but with the flying racial it ends up being wasted for a large chunk of the fight. Because of this, I prefer to focus on harder hits for fliers.)
BEAST - De-Weaponized Mechanical Companion/Mech. Pandaren Dragonling (I'd use a Dragon Kite if I could get one.)
CRITTER - Desert Spider (It's been performing decently, but I intend to find a rare Kun-lai Runt at some point.)
MECHANICAL- Water Waveling (and eventually Fel Flame.)
HUMANOID - Desert Spider (Leech Life is a bit less dmg than Consume, but has potentially higher healing.)
DRAGONKIN - Scourged Whelpling (eventually...currently using Wild Crimson Hatchling to counter most dragons)
ELEMENTAL- Scooter the Snail (I'm so glad I used a critter stone on this awesome tanky lil guy.)

Baner

Post by Baner » December 28th, 2012, 1:13 pm

Personally, I really like my rare Baby Blizzard Bear for critters, and my rare Luyu Moth for aquatics. Moth will take out 3 Vale aquatics in about 6 hits, and rarely takes much damage.

Bear will do the same for critters, and has Hibernate so I almost never need to stop and heal.

Talmar
MVP
Pet Score:12575
Realm:Sentinels-us

Post by Talmar » December 28th, 2012, 1:40 pm

Here's some other threads of this nature...all with good information.

http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=996&p=7367&hilit=counters#p7367

http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=828

http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=725&p=5520#p5520

Meheandtheeis3
Top Rater
Pet Score:5528
Realm:Saurfang-us

Post by Meheandtheeis3 » December 29th, 2012, 1:34 am

Thanks for this info! I have collected loads of the different pets but not cared about rarity or levelling them much until recently so this is all still semi-new to me =) And thanks heaps for the links to other threads!

Risk
Pet Score:3176
Realm:Drenden-us

Post by Risk » January 1st, 2013, 4:13 pm

I'd like to add that the Mechanical Pandaren Dragonling is my go to pet 1 in pvp - decoy is a great way to start a match and allows a free swap to another pet without generally taking dmg once you see what is out there. Being a hard counter to magic just makes it that much sweeter.
www.tinygladiators.com