The hot time of Midsummer is here, so warm wishes to you!

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Paladance
Pet Score:12412
Realm:Burning Legion-eu
The hot time of Midsummer is here, so warm wishes to you!

Post by Paladance » June 21st, 2017, 3:18 am

There are several pets to get during this event, but with a possible help from alts, it isn't a very difficult thing to do… is it? ;)
  • [pet]Frigid Frostling[/pet] -- rare drop from Lord Ahune, engaged daily by an LFG branch. Level: perhaps 60+
  • [pet]Spirit of Summer[/pet] -- 350 Burning Blossoms.
  • [pet]Blazing Cindercrawler[/pet] -- 350 Burning Blossoms.
  • [pet]Igneous Flameling[/pet] -- 350 Burning Blossoms. A new pet!
Burning Blossom is a pseudocurrency that disappears after the event ends. Can be acquired by completing introductory quests, dailies and interacting with bonfires. More in the [url=http://www.wowhead.com/midsummer-fire-festival-2017-guide]Wowhead guide[/url].

Additionally, the world event transmogs are now added to wardrobe, but they require the related event to apply the appearance. Not sure what happens with an applied one when the event ends, though.

PS Yes, I've noticed the tendency to release patches/raids during major world events. WoD had the same I think. :lol:

I have compiled community knowledge & data about pet battle abilities!
https://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19507

Milotha
Top Rater
Pet Score:5471
BattleTag®:milotha#1158
Realm:Silver Hand-us

Re: The hot time of Midsummer is here, so warm wishes to you

Post by Milotha » June 21st, 2017, 4:55 am

Thanks for the reminder. I've got the hots for an Igneous Flaming.

It's also hot as hell this summer. I'm breaking out my frigid frostling.

Graven
Pet Score:5307
Realm:Terenas-eu

Post by Graven » June 21st, 2017, 4:49 pm

Stat scaling for Lord Ahune seems to work the same way as timewalking or legion dungeons. Characters as low as level 60 can now queue for it. Can't verify for any levels below 60, but I can say that my 60 dk could queue but my 35 rogue was not able to.

Also, I think they may have increased the drop rate on the Deathfrost weapon enchant illusion. Having not seen it at all in previous years, I saw it 3 times today. First one I gave away, because I stupidly thought it was for enchanters only. I did the boss with a few alts and it dropped again for me, about 10 runs later. Finally I saw it again on my 14th alt run; it was in the chest but I couldn't loot it.

A tour of the bonfires in Azeroth, Outlands, Northrend, Cataclysm and Pandaria was almost enough to buy both the new toy and pet (snagged a couple of the city flames too, just to make sure).

Now to think of a name for the new pet. :D

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13928
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Quintessence » June 21st, 2017, 5:03 pm

Related: It's the start of summer so the [pet]Qiraji Guardling[/pet] is now spawning in Silithus! Go go capture one (or 3 :P)!
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Paladance
Pet Score:12412
Realm:Burning Legion-eu

Post by Paladance » June 22nd, 2017, 12:07 am

Graven wrote:Stat scaling for Lord Ahune seems to work the same way as timewalking or legion dungeons. Characters as low as level 60 can now queue for it. Can't verify for any levels below 60, but I can say that my 60 dk could queue but my 35 rogue was not able to.
My 58 couldn't queue either. I think it's 60+ because it takes place in a TBC dungeon.

According to the guide Deathfrost (as an ensemble and not the recipe) is a new addition. Thanks for reminding about the toy.

The current Dalaran looks so engaged, by the way. :)

I have compiled community knowledge & data about pet battle abilities!
https://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19507