Time to get Ban-Fu the Monk pet

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Mastr
MVP
Pet Score:14000
Realm:Burning Blade-us
Time to get Ban-Fu the Monk pet

Post by Mastr » June 12th, 2017, 11:21 am

When I first heard about these class pets I was so disappointed I almost quit. I thought it would take forever to get them.
Time passed, took a deep breath and I tried anyways.
I made a monk, boosted him, and only did enough to level and get AP maxed. No professions or anything else.

Total time was 1 day, 18 hours,26 minutes
Time at 110 was 1 day, 5 hours, 45 minutes

So it wound up being much less time than I expected and was more fun than I expected. Although I wouldn't want to do all the classes or all three specs of each class like the DK I'm working on.

So don't despair, it's not THAT long compared to the prestige pets and was an overall entertaining grind. Please, no more class pets, though!

Minivivi
MVP
Pet Score:12541
Realm:Medivh-us

Re: Time to get Ban-Fu the Monk pet

Post by Minivivi » June 12th, 2017, 2:58 pm

Thank you for the positive news!
I have a snappy, fun Monk named Pantry ( <--- Guild Bank, get it?) Corny! I know, I know. But, he is next in line to be leveled to 110.

Mirith
Pet Score:11678
Realm:Stormrage-us

Post by Mirith » June 12th, 2017, 3:54 pm

I got my monk's pet soon after it opened up, as my primary alt. Getting to AK 40 helped immensely to finish out rank AP 52, though I did not have it for very long before stuff unlocked.

Mehetabel
Top Rater
Pet Score:13557
Realm:Lightbringer-eu

Post by Mehetabel » June 12th, 2017, 5:53 pm

My monk alt should get her pet in a day or so too. She was an existing alt of mine and I haven't rushed to get her leveled and AP maxed, just done it slow and steady. She's been crazy fun to play (windwalker) which is a nice bonus!

I'm a complete altaholic though and already had one char of every class at 100 before Legion launched, which helped. :roll: :lol:
Come join us in the WarcraftPets In-Game Community (EU)! Request invite here: https://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=18420

Gilneas
Top Rater
Pet Score:10095
Realm:Kargath-us

Post by Gilneas » June 12th, 2017, 7:09 pm

Got mine today, though unlike many of you, he was an alt I've been playing for most of Legion. I logged in with 250m AP to go and decided to just finish it off. Took less than an hour.

Noel
Pet Score:13092
Realm:Kel'Thuzad-us

Post by Noel » June 14th, 2017, 12:18 pm

I need SERIOUS amounts of AP lol, at least all of my toons are AK 40 now.

Paladin 6 billion
Death Knight: 6 billion
Monk: 2 billion
Hunter: 4 billion
Mage: 2 billion
Rogue: 4.75 billion left
Warlock: 1 billion left
Demon Hunter: done

So nearly 26 billion AP required eek!

How much can a toon that does only world quests earn in a 30 minute gaming session? 100 million? Very glad this stuff isn't being deleted because it will likely take me till the next expansion to finish (pet ones are top priority of course lol)

I'm focusing more on the PVP ones because they're going to disappear perhaps...watch they'll be sold for 5 marks of honor after the expansion and I'll explode lol

Mehetabel
Top Rater
Pet Score:13557
Realm:Lightbringer-eu

Post by Mehetabel » June 15th, 2017, 6:23 am

You're braver than I am . . . I refuse to work out how much I need lol. :lol:

What I've started doing is taking my Monk and DK to Suramar (I hadn't done that previously as I wanted to wait until they were at AK40) and the quests there give loads of AP so it's building up very nicely! :D
Come join us in the WarcraftPets In-Game Community (EU)! Request invite here: https://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=18420

Nagini
Top Rater
Pet Score:9683
Realm:Kael'thas-us

Post by Nagini » June 15th, 2017, 8:36 am

Since i did not have a monk or a DK at the start of Legion, it's been a bit of a tough road. My monk is 104 now, my DK 70 (might crack and boost her? Who knows). Its been tough but starting at 98, the legion invasions are a fast, good way of getting levels. Once they hit 110, i can get them AK 40 and I'm expecting it'll be alright.

Thank god heirlooms go to 110 now, now i dont have to worry about gear anymore!

Mirith

Post by Mirith » June 15th, 2017, 9:46 am

Nagini wrote:Since i did not have a monk or a DK at the start of Legion, it's been a bit of a tough road. My monk is 104 now, my DK 70 (might crack and boost her? Who knows). Its been tough but starting at 98, the legion invasions are a fast, good way of getting levels. Once they hit 110, i can get them AK 40 and I'm expecting it'll be alright.

Thank god heirlooms go to 110 now, now i dont have to worry about gear anymore!
You also get the equivalent of a quest's worth of experience if you collect one of the various hidden chests. That + Invasions + Heirloom gear are how I'm leveling my DK now rather doing the same content again.

Mastr
MVP
Pet Score:14000
Realm:Burning Blade-us

Post by Mastr » June 15th, 2017, 5:08 pm

Also you get can get AP when you do the PVP world quests.

Badpathing
MVP
Pet Score:12840
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Badpathing » June 16th, 2017, 4:12 pm

Mastr wrote:When I first heard about these class pets I was so disappointed I almost quit. I thought it would take forever to get them.
I made a monk, boosted him, and only did enough to level and get AP maxed. No professions or anything else.

So it wound up being much less time than I expected and was more fun than I expected. Although I wouldn't want to do all the classes or all three specs of each class like the DK I'm working on.

So don't despair, it's not THAT long compared to the prestige pets and was an overall entertaining grind. Please, no more class pets, though!
It's kind of funny since when the news of these pets broke, I argued quite strongly that it isn't a terrible grind; yet people boo'ed and hissed and told me I was wrong.

Someone did the math on Reddit: if you do Suramar and one clear of NH @ AK40, you get AP level 52 for your weapon. Not too hard at all.

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13896

Post by Quintessence » June 16th, 2017, 6:26 pm

Badpathing wrote:Someone did the math on Reddit: if you do Suramar and one clear of NH @ AK40, you get AP level 52 for your weapon. Not too hard at all.
Note: Surarmar is somewhat gated by reputation. My Monk got stuck because she didn't meet the "reach X/exalted rep" quest requirements. Some additional WQs, dungeons, or other activity to get AP will be necessary if your toon is lagging behind in Nightfallen rep.

AK40 makes it go by so quickly, though the last 5-6 weapon levels always seem the toughest/longest. Just think of how quickly it would have gone had they kept AK50 *cries a little inside* :lol:
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Peterc
Pet Score:5382
Realm:Outland-eu

Post by Peterc » June 17th, 2017, 1:59 pm

Badpathing wrote:
Mastr wrote:When I first heard about these class pets I was so disappointed I almost quit. I thought it would take forever to get them.

It's kind of funny since when the news of these pets broke, I argued quite strongly that it isn't a terrible grind; yet people boo'ed and hissed and told me I was wrong.

Someone did the math on Reddit: if you do Suramar and one clear of NH @ AK40, you get AP level 52 for your weapon. Not too hard at all.
As the pets will be available after this expansion not as issue. I still feel Blizzard are having pets as rewards too deep into various things than should be the case. Not a problem for me as I have at least one of each class levelled and have their class mounts, but just because I can do it don't make it right.

The Prestige ones seemed to have stopped at Season 2 so got me back in the game for pet collecting. Would be nice if they could confirm if they will also be available after this expansion.

Peterc

Badpathing
MVP
Pet Score:12840

Post by Badpathing » June 17th, 2017, 7:36 pm

Quintessence wrote:
Badpathing wrote:Someone did the math on Reddit: if you do Suramar and one clear of NH @ AK40, you get AP level 52 for your weapon. Not too hard at all.
Note: Surarmar is somewhat gated by reputation. My Monk got stuck because she didn't meet the "reach X/exalted rep" quest requirements. Some additional WQs, dungeons, or other activity to get AP will be necessary if your toon is lagging behind in Nightfallen rep.

AK40 makes it go by so quickly, though the last 5-6 weapon levels always seem the toughest/longest. Just think of how quickly it would have gone had they kept AK50 *cries a little inside* :lol:
Considering bonus rep boxes from missions now award 750 rep for night fallen, I don't see this as much of a consideration any longer.

Regardless, I only used it as an example to illustrate how quickly getting to 52 has become @ AK40.

Mirith

Post by Mirith » June 20th, 2017, 1:11 pm

Note, if you have AK40, all your toons can get AK40. They removed the -5 levels from the item when they moved the research time from 5 days to 4 hours.

I'm seeing how bad it is getting to AP52 on my DK. I leveled it up to 110 over the weekend, and now I'm working on getting the toon geared and powered up up. I'm guessing rep and leveling up my followers for AP and gold missions will be the hardest/longest part.

Darkchyld
Pet Score:13668
BattleTag®:Darkchyld#1345
Realm:Tichondrius-us

Post by Darkchyld » June 20th, 2017, 4:32 pm

I would do one invasion and buy the 850 gear quickly gear up. Do the broken shore introduction as in the US there is a buff that will occasionally grant an extra AP token on WQ completion and a free follower legendary on the next command center completion (maybe get lucky and get the follower item that grants AP tokens). Send Order Resources via Blood of Sargeras from main to alt and research your order hall as the double procs are very useful (got a proc off the 30 mil token from world boss this morning). Prioritize gear/AP WQ, broken shore WQ (legion supplies = AP), and all the Suramar WQ (suramar questline is rep gated and gives tons of AP for mostly soloable content). Another good source of AP is getting all the treasures, flying + legion handy notes.

I leveled up my DK during invasions and had him ready prior to AK40 and I'm 900 mil away from getting my last DK pet although I was a week late on AK40 because vacation prevented me from computer access when 7.2 dropped. Although in the past 24 hours I've been grinding every bit of AP that I could muster seeing the light at the end of the tunnel.

Avarre
Top Rater
Pet Score:10910
Realm:Barthilas-us

Post by Avarre » June 21st, 2017, 2:33 am

Ban Fu is so adorable, i love him.

DK pets are more of a hassle seeing u need 52 on 3 specs, still need to get tank spec up.

Necrophagist
Pet Score:9270
BattleTag®:SoFakinGreat#1218
Realm:Terenas-us

Post by Necrophagist » June 30th, 2017, 12:42 am

I boosted my monk for Ban'fu just last night and I can't wait!

Also, just in case...

For those that nearly, or did, fell into despair about the Death Knight pets I Decided to finally work on maxing out the alt artifact weapons to collect the other two whelplings. My main spec is frost and is capped for Artifact Knowledge. I started this attempt with Unholy. It took two days to apply 50 traits to the Unholy Artifact weapon. It slows down a bit after that. What I did was this: Once I put a point into concordance for Frost and bought my Frostbrood whelpling, I started collecting AP under my Frost Spec which now nets me anywhere from 8 mil to 22 mil AP tokens depending on the source (ie World quests, emmissary chests, dungeon boss tokens, etc) Once I've collected a few tokens, I'll switch over to Unholy and THEN apply the AP and they stay at the original amount :) I always made sure that before I received any AP token I was in my Frost Spec, just to make sure I was maximizing my effort, including completing order hall missions with AP rewards. I made a wee mistake where I kept adding points into the final elite trait and I stopped myself when I realized I needed to unlock concordance for Unholy so I went and did that and continued applying AP and at that point I had 43 traits available for purchase. This was all within the first couple hours and I had been awarded AP tokens from missions and I had done some AP rewarding WQs. I am almost sure that I'll have my final point for Unholy concordance and getting my Vilebrood Whelpling in a day or two from the time of this post :) I will update when I get the whelpling.

All in all, it wasn't the Grindcore fest I thought it was going to be and I hope others can take from this and get their DK whelplings soon too!

Digem
MVP
Pet Score:13800
Realm:Fizzcrank-us

Post by Digem » June 30th, 2017, 10:47 am

Necrophagist wrote:I boosted my monk for Ban'fu just last night and I can't wait!

Also, just in case...

For those that nearly, or did, fell into despair about the Death Knight pets I Decided to finally work on maxing out the alt artifact weapons to collect the other two whelplings. My main spec is frost and is capped for Artifact Knowledge. I started this attempt with Unholy. It took two days to apply 50 traits to the Unholy Artifact weapon. It slows down a bit after that. What I did was this: Once I put a point into concordance for Frost and bought my Frostbrood whelpling, I started collecting AP under my Frost Spec which now nets me anywhere from 8 mil to 22 mil AP tokens depending on the source (ie World quests, emmissary chests, dungeon boss tokens, etc) Once I've collected a few tokens, I'll switch over to Unholy and THEN apply the AP and they stay at the original amount :) I always made sure that before I received any AP token I was in my Frost Spec, just to make sure I was maximizing my effort, including completing order hall missions with AP rewards. I made a wee mistake where I kept adding points into the final elite trait and I stopped myself when I realized I needed to unlock concordance for Unholy so I went and did that and continued applying AP and at that point I had 43 traits available for purchase. This was all within the first couple hours and I had been awarded AP tokens from missions and I had done some AP rewarding WQs. I am almost sure that I'll have my final point for Unholy concordance and getting my Vilebrood Whelpling in a day or two from the time of this post :) I will update when I get the whelpling.

All in all, it wasn't the Grindcore fest I thought it was going to be and I hope others can take from this and get their DK whelplings soon too!

Agreed with ak40 to max out a weapon isn't that hard. The problem is the fact for a lot of people a dk might be an alt. So one has to level an alt then max out three weapons. While not the hardest thing to do with everything else to do in game it can seem overwhelming. I don't mind a grind on my main but on an alt that I don't want to or maybe don't have the time for it is a bit much. Add in the pvp pets and they went a bit overboard.

Necrophagist
Pet Score:9270
BattleTag®:SoFakinGreat#1218
Realm:Terenas-us

Post by Necrophagist » June 30th, 2017, 11:55 am

My main is my Enhance Shaman, I leveled my Druid, Warlock and Demon Hunter before I leveled my DK. Granted, I worked more on my DK than the other alts. The others aren't maxed out and their order halls aren't fully researched either and their ilvls are mediocre at best. I really only leveled my DK for the pets and by the time I got to it I had unlocked flying which made it go much quicker than it did with the previous alts. It also turned out I was having a bit more fun playing the DK than my Shaman so I put a little extra effort in the DK and now, aside from the points in concordance, those toons are about neck and neck with gear and content they can do. It also depends how much time anyone would want to or can dedicate to an alt.

Hopefully it's as quick to get the Monk up there for me >_< Ban'fu is adorable and that mount is really nice.

As for the PvP pets, yes, that's a bit much. PvPers already get some amazingly awesome mounts that anyone can be envious of and which I wish I could have, but now they get our pets too :cry: On top of that, I'm all Horde, I have 1 Alliance alt that I got to 90 something during the invasions pre Legion launch, I'm going to have to level her for sure after the Monk and PvP :cry: and my hunter needs leveled so I can do the Brawler's stuff for those pets too >_< I tried ages ago with my warlock and after the first few encounters I cursed it lol.