Sun Darter Hatchling solved

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Mehetabel
Top Rater
Pet Score:13557
Realm:Lightbringer-eu
Sun Darter Hatchling solved

Post by Mehetabel » June 16th, 2017, 5:33 am

So prompted by the note on the main Warcraftpets page, I went looking and saw that the last bit of the riddle had been solved a few minutes ago.

Now to go collect about 10 million kinds of potions! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

http://www.wowhead.com/item=142223/sun-darter-hatchling#comments:id=2501299
Last edited by Mehetabel on June 18th, 2017, 9:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Come join us in the WarcraftPets In-Game Community (EU)! Request invite here: https://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=18420

Mehetabel
Top Rater

Re: Sun Darter Hatchling solved (apparently)

Post by Mehetabel » June 16th, 2017, 5:47 am

Just been sitting in the Secret Finding Discord channel and it looks like it definitely is solved! :D

A perky pug in a princess costume was the final key. I mean, what else. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Come join us in the WarcraftPets In-Game Community (EU)! Request invite here: https://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=18420

Milotha
Top Rater
Pet Score:5471
BattleTag®:milotha#1158
Realm:Silver Hand-us

Post by Milotha » June 16th, 2017, 5:59 am

OMG. My mind just melted at all the pet goodness this week. This one is going to take a while. I think they are trying to kill me.

Thanks for the post. Time to go farm like it's 2005 and I'm raiding in vanilla. Good luck all.

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13896
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Quintessence » June 16th, 2017, 6:09 am

Here's a link to the original Google doc that documents their progress throughout the day. It also has instructions on how/when to use each consumable (I'm sure a more succinct guide will come out soon).
:arrow: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1S_aV9rP7LeWoDWQ-UCKbjtuOq1NAIK5orp8cNN62u6g/edit#heading=h.50yu62jus9er

I made a list of all consumables (and a pet!) necessary to collect the Sun Darter Hatchling:
http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com/2017/06/sun-darter-hatchling-found-thanks-to.html

It was amazing to watch the WoW Secrets Discord channel do their thing. I'm super impressed this was solved so quickly, and amazed at their dedication! (Took a lot of materials/consumables to test everything)

Edit: Another Wowhead comment with information on how/where to acquire the consumables necessary to reach the pet.
http://www.wowhead.com/item=142223/sun-darter-hatchling#comments:id=2501505
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Ebil
Pet Score:11957
Realm:Moon Guard-us

Post by Ebil » June 16th, 2017, 9:47 am

Why does Blizzard hate the lazy!!!!

At least I have a use for that orge suit I have been hoarding for the past 4 xpacs.

Paladance
Pet Score:12412
Realm:Burning Legion-eu

Post by Paladance » June 16th, 2017, 2:07 pm

The prices of related mats/potions on AH are now obviously ridiculous. I won't be able to gain the recipes for my alt any soon. Hmm…

Maybe should I just make temporarily my DH a herbalist, farm the rest at my own pace and then whisper local alchemists?

Or do what I usually criticise and try to spoil the market lowering the prices (to something still high but affordable)?

(I guess it's all a "take that" to alchemists that complained they'd got nothing from Pulsating Sacs… :twisted:)

PS Anyone knows whether do WotlK or regular protection potions work aswell?

I have compiled community knowledge & data about pet battle abilities!
https://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19507

Emarka
Pet Score:11024
Realm:Bronzebeard-us

Post by Emarka » June 16th, 2017, 2:31 pm

If anyone is Alliance on Bronzebeard/Shandris-US, I have all the recipes for everything required and will make them for you for free, provided you grab the (significantly cheaper) mats.

Drudatz
Top Rater
Pet Score:10205
Realm:Kul Tiras-eu

Post by Drudatz » June 16th, 2017, 2:46 pm

I have nothing against ridles for pets but this is just another FUCK UP of Blizzard.

On my small realm you NEVER get any of these potions or recipes (let alone finding someone still playing who can make these) that have a 0.4%!!!! drop rate....

Shashos
Pet Score:13727
Realm:Doomhammer-us

Post by Shashos » June 16th, 2017, 3:08 pm

Woo, thank you for the potion guide!

Makes me so glad that I used to spend loads of time lurking on the AH and snapping up any recipe I didn't own on my alts, hehe.

Now to start crafting these items and get my pet! I love this. Finally the old profession items have a purpose. :)

Noel
Pet Score:13092
Realm:Kel'Thuzad-us

Post by Noel » June 16th, 2017, 3:18 pm

Very impressed with the wowsecrets discord team, amazing job (like who thought to use the perky pug and princess costume seriously lol or Scotty's Coin?)

I'm going to enjoy the farm up I think...I would NOT have enjoyed just throwing stuff at it (ie the discord team) but now that the goal is figured I have a light at the end.

Peanutty
Pet Score:9635
Realm:Kil'jaeden-us

Post by Peanutty » June 16th, 2017, 3:18 pm

I've been farming recipes since yesterday once I saw the prices people were charging in anticipation of this being solved. Definitely worth checking in with guildmates and buddies to see what recipes people might already have covered (thankfully I have someone with the majority of the recipes, which shortens my farming a lot).

Poesy
Pet Score:10448
Realm:Icecrown-us

Post by Poesy » June 16th, 2017, 3:28 pm

The ingenuity and perseverance of the WoW Secrets folks is astounding! Major kudos to them!

If anyone Horde-side on Icecrown-Malygos needs potions, just give me a /w and I can provide them at no cost.

Merana
Pet Score:10003
Realm:Aman'Thul-eu

Post by Merana » June 16th, 2017, 5:12 pm

Willing to help fellow pet collectors out since I can craft everything on Alliance on the European Moonglade/Steamwheedle Cartel/The Sha'tar server connection, so long as the mats are provided.

Edit:
Drudatz wrote:I have nothing against ridles for pets but this is just another FUCK UP of Blizzard.

On my small realm you NEVER get any of these potions or recipes (let alone finding someone still playing who can make these) that have a 0.4%!!!! drop rate....
The droprate is only listed as 0.4% on wowhead because only alchemists can see and loot the recipe. It's actually a lot higher, at least in my experience.

Emarka
Pet Score:11024
Realm:Bronzebeard-us

Post by Emarka » June 16th, 2017, 5:37 pm

Merana wrote:Edit:
Drudatz wrote:I have nothing against ridles for pets but this is just another FUCK UP of Blizzard.

The droprate is only listed as 0.4% on wowhead because only alchemists can see and loot the recipe. It's actually a lot higher, at least in my experience.
It's definitely much higher than .4% - I'd say closer to 3-4%? I farmed all six recipes yesterday before the process was publicized - I got them all in about three hours, the longest by far being the Fire Protection recipe because of the 10 instances per hour limit. Took about 20 runs of the Mechanar before I finally got my drop.

Darkchyld
Pet Score:13668
BattleTag®:Darkchyld#1345
Realm:Tichondrius-us

Post by Darkchyld » June 16th, 2017, 5:53 pm

I got lazy and just spent the 5k per pot to get the pet. I needed it right away since one of my favorite pets is the sprite darter hatchling.

Drudatz
Top Rater

Post by Drudatz » June 16th, 2017, 6:01 pm

Shashos wrote:Makes me so glad that I used to spend loads of time lurking on the AH and snapping up any recipe I didn't own on my alts, hehe.
The Major ... Protection Potions CANT be grabbed of the AH they are BOP mate.

Drudatz
Top Rater

Post by Drudatz » June 16th, 2017, 6:02 pm

Merana wrote:The droprate is only listed as 0.4% on wowhead because only alchemists can see and loot the recipe. It's actually a lot higher, at least in my experience.
If you say so I just spent 3 hours on farming the arcane one...

Labyrinthe
MVP

Post by Labyrinthe » June 16th, 2017, 6:50 pm

Happy to craft the protection potions for anyone on Turalyon (providing you supply the mats, of course)! Apologies if this should have been posted elsewhere, I did not see a thread for it.

Avarre
Top Rater
Pet Score:10910
Realm:Barthilas-us

Post by Avarre » June 16th, 2017, 10:59 pm

Anyone able to craft the pots on Jubei'thos or Illidan or Frostmourne?

Mehetabel
Top Rater

Post by Mehetabel » June 17th, 2017, 6:26 am

I'm on Lightbringer/Mazrigos EU and I can make the Fire, Holy and Arcane pots so give me a shout if you're there and need someone to make them for you.