[Web AH Tool] Pet Magpie

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Morazor
Pet Score:8852
Realm:Nemesis-eu
Re: [Web AH Tool] Pet Magpie

Post by Morazor » May 25th, 2016, 1:51 am

Looks like Blizzard API got fixed today, it's up and running again!

Fantee
Top Rater
Pet Score:3518
Realm:Goldrinn-us

Post by Fantee » May 25th, 2016, 6:53 am

In my realms it still bugged.

Morazor

Post by Morazor » July 3rd, 2016, 3:43 am

Hello everyone, I did a small update. I swapped the add and the clear button on the watcher (it was a bit off to have the add button on the left, usually people do things from left to right and clicking the add button is the last thing you do). I also added a "buy by bid" switch on the trade section, it will show the best trades by bid instead of by buyout.

As always feedback is appreciated, I'm not actively working on it right now but I'm still mantaining it :D

Hawg
MVP
Pet Score:12952
Realm:Silvermoon-eu

Post by Hawg » July 14th, 2016, 5:54 am

Morazor wrote:Hello everyone, I did a small update. I swapped the add and the clear button on the watcher (it was a bit off to have the add button on the left, usually people do things from left to right and clicking the add button is the last thing you do). I also added a "buy by bid" switch on the trade section, it will show the best trades by bid instead of by buyout.

As always feedback is appreciated, I'm not actively working on it right now but I'm still mantaining it :D
First off, thank you tons for this brilliant work, it is awesome!

I thought I'd make two suggestions regarding trade:

1) it would be great if you had the option to exclude vendor obtained pets - because on some realms (Argent Dawn - EU selling to Silvermoon for example) the AH is flooded with common vendor pets being sold for thousands so the top results all show several thousand percent profit on those items since most realms value them for pennies.

2) That brings me to the second suggestion/request - it would be awesome if we could see more than 5 results for trading hits :)

Really, this is a fantastic job thanks!!

Morazor

Post by Morazor » July 17th, 2016, 9:08 am

Sorry for the late answer, I'm kinda busy lately...

First of all: thanks for the kind words and for the feedback :D

Yes, the trade section should definitely show more results. I will see how to do it as soon as I have time!

Morazor

Post by Morazor » July 20th, 2016, 2:58 am

"Legion Prepatch" Pet Magpie Patch!

- Added proper icons instead of ugly text used as icons
- Trades section now has more pages
- Added Wowhead tooltip and linkss: they should help in general, above all when the pet item is sold and has a different name from the pet (ie: Mana Fiend - Arcane Crystal)
- Added link to seller page on TUJ in auctions details
- Some UI improvements, above all in the Watch section
- More animations!
- Added cageable Bonkers
- Fixed a post-patch issue: in some cases only the Trades section was shown, now it's working again
- Fixed an issue with auctions data: every now and then data didn't load correctly and there was no auction listed, it shouldn't happen anymore

Also, the upcoming patches and expansion will probably mess things up and weird stuff may happen. Please be patient and report any bug you find, I'll fix it ASAP!

Drudatz
Top Rater
Pet Score:10205
Realm:Kul Tiras-eu

Post by Drudatz » July 20th, 2016, 3:30 pm

Thanks Morazor for all the hard work. In your last Update you forgot to add the new pets like the allready [pet]Nursery Spider[/pet] :)

Morazor

Post by Morazor » July 20th, 2016, 5:05 pm

Uh, thanks! Gonna fix that tomorrow!

Morazor

Post by Morazor » August 9th, 2016, 11:15 am

New update online! Nothing shocking, but anyway:

I fixed pet teaching items, they weren't listed anymore because an evil version of myself broke them in the past. Now they are fine. Good always wins, but evil always comes back... we will see!

I added a nice timer instead of the "Next check in..." stuff. If you mouse over it, it will also show some info about how old is actually the data you are seeing.

After the first load, data will be refreshed in background and the UI will be locked only when it's actually refreshed. That means you should get shorter loading screens for data refresh.

Paladance
Pet Score:12412
Realm:Burning Legion-eu

Post by Paladance » August 30th, 2016, 2:18 pm

Hello in the time of Legion!

When you compare prices of duplicates between the realms, if there's no given pet at the realm's market, the realm is skipped completely.
Realm 1 has 3 auctions
Realm 2 has 0 auctions

Realm 1 is suggested.
I'm not claiming that playing an opening lead is easy or profitable, just the current situation doesn't seem to give a full picture. :P

I have compiled community knowledge & data about pet battle abilities!
https://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19507

Morazor

Post by Morazor » August 30th, 2016, 3:03 pm

Hello dear! :D
True, I should show them at the beginning of the list... I'll have a look at it as I can, I'm kinda busy these days.
Also, I'll probably quit playing for a while but I'll keep the website up to date anyway, I won't let down my 15 users! :D

Paladance

Post by Paladance » September 24th, 2016, 12:39 pm

Hah, it isn't like I play very actively myself :lol:

I wonder…

When you sell something, your real income isn't a price you asked for, but 95% of that.
Messing with that could change some calculations, especially the x-realm gold circulation and you'd still stick to the classic result for the sake of clarity. But what about an availability to show the 95% value when one mouseovers a price value? (only for the selling modes ofc :p)

Also, 7.1 will boost the AH interface. That may be an interesting chunk of info if you plan an addon of some sort.

Ziboo
MVP
Pet Score:11384
Realm:Wyrmrest Accord-us

Post by Ziboo » September 24th, 2016, 8:09 pm

That's a pretty cool tool. I haven't had the chance to play around with it much, but will later.

Thanks for sharing it!

Paladance

Post by Paladance » October 30th, 2016, 1:30 am

Not sure about the AH interface anymore, but I'd like to ask for an update! :oops: Even though you already know this.

Morazor

Post by Morazor » October 30th, 2016, 6:06 am

I don't know anything about the in-game AH interface changes, I'm not currently playing. The web API seems to be the same as always anyway (or at least compatible with the function I'm using). I'm having some issues with my PC right now, but I'm going to add the new 7.1 pets in an hour or so :D

[EDIT]

7.1 pets should be in! If you don't see them, try clearing your browser cache!

Morazor

Post by Morazor » April 16th, 2017, 3:12 am

Now updated with 7.2 pets! Scraps and Wailing Caverns pets (Cavern Moccasin, Everliving Spore, Young Venomfang)

Paladance

Post by Paladance » May 10th, 2017, 11:45 am

The armory upgrade has made your tool unable to fetch the data. As other websites have problems too, perhaps there's something on the API level?
Could you take a look, please?

Morazor

Post by Morazor » May 10th, 2017, 11:49 am

I'll look into it ASAP, thanks for the warning!

Update:

Looks like the API servers are on "Scheduled Maintenance", nothing that I can fix :(

Paladance

Post by Paladance » June 15th, 2017, 5:06 am

That's a long-term suggestion. Maybe even for another year because I imagine it could require the UI rebuild. :)

Some custom options to filter pets, including the cross-realm viewer.
Like these ones: "Hide generic vendor pets" (e.g. [pet]Silver Dragonhawk Hatchling[/pet], [pet]Albino Snake[/pet] or [pet]Ancona Chicken[/pet]), "Hide guaranteed drops" (e.g. [pet]Teroclaw Hatchling[/pet] or [pet]Cinder Pup[/pet], possibly also quest rewards such as [pet]Emmigosa[/pet])
Or more complex and exclusive ones with tickboxes or subpages (think TUJ Blood of Sargeras): Mists of Pandaria raids, Darkmoon Faire, Timeless Isle drops, Pet Charms, Apexis Crystals, Zone world drops (Cata, [pet]Gundrak Hatchling[/pet], [pet]Bronze Whelpling[/pet], [pet]Zomstrok[/pet], etc.), Legion reputation, Legion scenarios (Caverns + Chromie), Raiding with Leashes, Archaeology, Trading Card Game and so on.
(Spectral/Harmonious/Vengeful Porcupette/Bonkers = MoP currencies? And where to fit Scraps or Buzzard?)

Also: An option to use cross-realm viewer without fetching collection data what would save some bandwidth and time. :)

Morazor

Post by Morazor » June 15th, 2017, 5:30 am

One thing that may also be useful is to choose on which realm to sell duplicate pets. Now it just gets the server on which prices are higher.

Also: I have to add 7.2.5 pets :D

I'm a bit messed up with work, I'll do it ASAP