soft foam sword of pets?

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Cheyrn
Pet Score:2080
Realm:Eldre'Thalas-us
soft foam sword of pets?

Post by Cheyrn » June 11th, 2017, 1:04 pm

I am not there yet, but if you only have pets that will one-shot a pet you want to collect, is there something like "soft foam sword" or technique for weakening but not killing a pet?

Bigdog
Top Rater

Re: soft foam sword of pets?

Post by Bigdog » June 11th, 2017, 1:20 pm

Yes, Terrible Turnip has an ability that cannot lower an opponents health below 1.

Check out the Superbark ability as well which does the same thing and a number of pets has it.

[url]https://www.warcraftpets.com/abilities/beast/superbark/[/url]

Ranok
MVP
Pet Score:13640
Realm:Stormrage-us

Post by Ranok » June 11th, 2017, 3:45 pm

Grumpy, with his Superbark ability, easy to get. Just need to dodge flames in a burning house near Bradensbrook and rescue the poor pup.

He's upstairs, and stairway is flame-free so you can stop and get your bearings there.

Cheyrn
Pet Score:2080
Realm:Eldre'Thalas-us

Post by Cheyrn » June 11th, 2017, 9:53 pm

Thank you!

Briqitta
Top Rater
Pet Score:4244
Realm:Argent Dawn-us

Post by Briqitta » June 13th, 2017, 2:53 pm

A bunch of the dogs have the Terrible Turnip-like Superbark ability.

Molten Corgi (no longer available)
Corgi Pup (no longer available)
Corgnelius (Legion order hall mission boards)
Grumpy (Bradensbrook southwest burning house)
Scraps (Curious Wyrmtongue Cache, randomly opened with the 2k nethershard key on the Broken Shore)

I prefer the Molten Corgi due to the Puppies of the Flame invincibility move, but most of the others have self-heals.

Uduwudu
Pet Score:11571
Realm:Draka-us

Post by Uduwudu » June 20th, 2017, 5:52 pm

Hi,

I think that you also have to be aware, somewhat, of the level that your pets are at, and what zones you are at. Trying to farm a pet that is level 5 with your 25's is kinda nuts and not even fun ... sure you can do it in one shot with the TT, but the fun of the fight is gone. Pet in the bag! pet was in the bag, before the fight, you could just about say.

Before I cleared the majority of the low level stuff, I kept a few pets at low level on purpose to do these low level things but then I had the crazy idea of doing the pet stuff in relation to the levels of the zones ... so that I would get them all and not have to come back in levels ... and voila ... everything is 25 and I do not need to go to Durotar for anything.

You can (also) have a bit more fun with these ... grab a pet at level one, go to Orgrimmar, or Elwynn Forest and take your pet to level 5 or 6 ... and voila, you have one that can pick up the ones below it in those zones. Beware, though, of their types ... there are some real bad duds in there ... like one that has a 3 and 4 round ability at level 1, and he just sits there and takes it in the butt with a 2x4, and you have to learn to swap out after one shot so the pet can gain a little noise! And experience to get to the next level. Some of these pets are really tough to level, and most people don't even use them in fights ... like the trees, and the ones with the poisons and such.

Nowadays, though, I rarely do the low level fights, mostly because you can use the Murlocs or Squirt or Ashlei and your pet goes to 11 or 12 real quick.