Why no Class Hall Battle Pets

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Moused
Pet Score:13112
Realm:Cairne-us
Why no Class Hall Battle Pets

Post by Moused » June 7th, 2017, 9:40 pm

Has Blizzard ever explained why there are 5 classes that haven't gotten a Battle Pet from their class halls....as of right now Hunters...Priests...Mages, Pally's ..and Warriors as far as I know can't get a class hall battle pet...Druids get two.....DK get 3.....how come we get left out?

FuxieDK
Pet Score:13645
BattleTag®:FuxieDK#2678
Realm:Draenor-eu

Re: Why no Class Hall Battle Pets

Post by FuxieDK » June 8th, 2017, 12:18 am

My guess: Because v7.3 will need to have something too.

Nelaphim
Top Rater
Pet Score:9951
Realm:Exodar-us

Post by Nelaphim » June 8th, 2017, 2:22 am

Not all classes got a pet, some got toys instead.

Not that I would mind more pets! I would love one of those Suramar cleaning robots!

Digem
MVP
Pet Score:13800
Realm:Fizzcrank-us

Post by Digem » June 8th, 2017, 6:36 am

Nelaphim wrote:Not all classes got a pet, some got toys instead.

Not that I would mind more pets! I would love one of those Suramar cleaning robots!

What toy did the hunters get? The class more than any other that should of gotten a battle pet since they work with pets

Mehetabel
Top Rater
Pet Score:13557
Realm:Lightbringer-eu

Post by Mehetabel » June 8th, 2017, 9:06 am

Some classes got pets or toys, some classes have got extra mount colours . . . paladins for example. :)
Come join us in the WarcraftPets In-Game Community (EU)! Request invite here: https://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=18420

Paladance
Pet Score:12412
Realm:Burning Legion-eu

Post by Paladance » June 8th, 2017, 9:29 am

As a person who just can't throw away an effort put to her hunter, I can tell that at least Alliance side the hunter lore is but a hole that has been recently filled with a whatever was available around (quite fittingly if you think about it) instead of a preexisting, leading theme.

Same thing for warriors, but more monolithic this time.
Still that doesn't explain the paladin case.

Some complaints about mounts can be read but I can't get rid of a feeling that there was no perfect mount for a hunter, simply because there is such a variety of creatures one can tame. Same for a Companion of the Companions, if there was ever one at some point.

On the other hand, there are samples of beasts that have gained an out of universe popularity among hunter players. This is mostly the BM quirk and while I haven't played a BM, perhaps I'd welcome that kind of companion. (What if BM-only? Dunno.) There have been already some miniatures of these though, but still no mount like them, so I could understand if some miss a reference.

I have compiled community knowledge & data about pet battle abilities!
https://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19507

Digem
MVP
Pet Score:13800
Realm:Fizzcrank-us

Post by Digem » June 8th, 2017, 9:41 am

Paladance wrote:As a person who just can't throw away an effort put to her hunter, I can tell that at least Alliance side the hunter lore is but a hole that has been recently filled with a whatever was available around (quite fittingly if you think about it) instead of a preexisting, leading theme.

Same thing for warriors, but more monolithic this time.
Still that doesn't explain the paladin case.

Some complaints about mounts can be read but I can't get rid of a feeling that there was no perfect mount for a hunter, simply because there is such a variety of creatures one can tame. Same for a Companion of the Companions, if there was ever one at some point.

On the other hand, there are samples of beasts that have gained an out of universe popularity among hunter players. This is mostly the BM quirk and while I haven't played a BM, perhaps I'd welcome that kind of companion. (What if BM-only? Dunno.) There have been already some miniatures of these though, but still no mount like them, so I could understand if some miss a reference.

True it is tough for one mount type for a hunter but they could of done one of two things :
Make it an eagle mount , we only pledge are loyalty to the great eagle spirit at the hunter lodge and thus an eagle mount makes sense.
Or when a hunter completes that questline we learn the ability to mount our pets. Which would have been awesome

Mirith
Pet Score:11678
Realm:Stormrage-us

Post by Mirith » June 8th, 2017, 2:55 pm

There is a large amount of inconsistency between what the classes get. Paladins get 3 extra mount colors, but only at power ascended. Priests get extra mount colors usuable only when in a certain spec, but available immediately, and no pets. Monks get 1 mount and 1 pet. DKs get 3 different mount colors AND 3 pets. Rogues get 3 extra mounts, a pet, and now soon rogue specific pick-pocket pets. Warriors get 3 mounts (Spec specific?) and no pets. Mages get the 3 mounts and a toy for pets.

Sooo, what you'll get is a giant toss-up.

Neolarva
Top Rater
Pet Score:13728
Realm:Les Sentinelles-eu

Post by Neolarva » June 8th, 2017, 10:25 pm

A list for class hall rewards : (as far as I know, let me know if I forgot anything)

Death Knight :
- 1 mount (color based on spec)
- 3 pets :
[pet]Bloodbrood Whelpling[/pet] to buy when you get the achievement Power Ascended on Blood
[pet]Frostbrood Whelpling[/pet] to buy when you get the achievement Power Ascended on Frost
[pet]Vilebrood Whelpling[/pet] to buy when you get the achievement Power Ascended on Unholy

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Demon Hunter :
- 1 mount
- 1 toy : A Tiny Set of Warglaives (demon hunter pepe)
---
Outside of the broken shore campaign :
- 1 pet :
[pet]Hateful Eye[/pet] : loot on a daily boss to kill (requires Tier 2 Order Hall Advancement talent, "Twisting Nether")
(Warlock and Demon Hunter share the same pet)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Druid :
- 1 travel form (should count as a mount)
---
- 2 pets :
[pet]Broot[/pet] and [pet]Nightmare Lasher[/pet] : Plant and harvest every 3 days (require Tier 2 Order Hall Advancement talent, Evergreen)

Hunter :
- 3 mounts :
1 when you finish the broken shore campaign
1 to buy when you get the achievement Power Ascended on Survival
1 to buy when you get the achievement Power Ascended on Marksmanship
- 1 tome :
to buy when you get the achievement Power Ascended on Beast Mastery : Tome of the Hybrid Beast : Learn the secrets of taming Feathermanes, a family that includes hippogryphs, gryphons, owlcats, wolfhawks, and wyvern (you should be able to tame on every spec once learned)

Mage :
- 1 toy :
Magical Saucer : a disk for your pet : to buy when you get the achievement Power Ascended on any weapon

Monk :
- 1 mount (he talks to you :p)
- 1 pet :
[pet]Ban-fu, Cub of Ban-Lu[/pet] : to buy when you get the achievement Power Ascended on any weapon

Paladin :
- 4 mounts :
1 to buy when you get the achievement Power Ascended on Holy
1 to buy when you get the achievement Power Ascended on Protection
1 to buy when you get the achievement Power Ascended on Retribution

Priest :

Rogue :
- 4 mounts :
1 to buy when you get the achievement Power Ascended on Assassination
1 to buy when you get the achievement Power Ascended on Subtlety
1 to buy when you get the achievement Power Ascended on Outlaw
---
During the broken shore campaign :
- 1 pet :
[pet]Crackers[/pet] : obtain during the "Champions of Legionfall" chain quest
---
1 toy :
Suspicious Crate : not sure yet how to obtain it

Shaman :
---
- 1 pet :
[pet]Snowfang[/pet] : Defeat him in a Pet Battle, next to Aggra on Storm's Eye Overlook
- 1 toy :
Lava Fountain : solve 5 puzzle of Puzzlemaster Lo

Warlock :
- 3 mounts :
1 to buy when you get the achievement Power Ascended on any weapon
1 to loot on a rare mob (Lord Hel'nurath) on the broken shore map (right outside the base camp)
---
- 1 pet :
[pet]Hateful Eye[/pet] : loot on a daily boss to kill (require Tier 2 Order Hall Advancement talent, "Demonic Offering" and 3 players to summon the boss)
(Warlock and Demon Hunter share the same pet)

Warrior :
---
- 1 toy :
Stormforged Vrykul Horn : loot in a the middle of the PvP arena every 3h, start 0h00 (requireTier 2 Order Hall Advancement talent, "For Honor and Glory")

Non class hall exclusives items :
http://www.wowhead.com/news=254101/all- ... class-toys
Last edited by Neolarva on June 9th, 2017, 9:45 am, edited 2 times in total.

Peanutty
Pet Score:9635
Realm:Kil'jaeden-us

Post by Peanutty » June 9th, 2017, 2:21 am

Neolarva wrote: Rogue :

1 toy :
Seems to be some debate on this one. I assume it's related to having the class order hall advancement option "The Vault," but don't know if that's been proven. I have "The Vault" and have the toy, which I didn't even know existed until I saw a box on the ground after I went to turn in my Vault ticket. I thought I was picking up yet another random combat item.

Gilneas
Top Rater
Pet Score:10095
Realm:Kargath-us

Post by Gilneas » June 9th, 2017, 6:13 am

There's just a wide array of cosmetics and other items for various classes. See the above list (which is not all inclusive as there are shaman toys from the order hall that aren't listed). Not everything is about pets. And aside from the class mounts, all of it is available to anyone who puts some play time into one or more of the appropriate classes. Not every class hall needs pets (though I'm sure there will be more in 7.3).

Neolarva
Top Rater
Pet Score:13728
Realm:Les Sentinelles-eu

Post by Neolarva » June 9th, 2017, 7:54 am

Peanutty wrote:
Neolarva wrote: Rogue :

1 toy :
Seems to be some debate on this one. I assume it's related to having the class order hall advancement option "The Vault," but don't know if that's been proven. I have "The Vault" and have the toy, which I didn't even know existed until I saw a box on the ground after I went to turn in my Vault ticket. I thought I was picking up yet another random combat item.
That's what I thought, I have the vault on mine, but still no crate (I'm not really doing a lot of missions, and don't have a ticket every week), so since I don't have it, and wowhead doesn't seem to know really.. ^^
Gilneas wrote:There's just a wide array of cosmetics and other items for various classes. See the above list (which is not all inclusive as there are shaman toys from the order hall that aren't listed). Not everything is about pets. And aside from the class mounts, all of it is available to anyone who puts some play time into one or more of the appropriate classes. Not every class hall needs pets (though I'm sure there will be more in 7.3).
If you are talking of the class hall vendor toys, they aren't exclusive of the class hall, you can get them at various locations, that's why I didn't include them, you can check this list :
(but I'll add it to the list)

Noel
Pet Score:13092
Realm:Kel'Thuzad-us

Post by Noel » June 9th, 2017, 10:58 am

Little update on the rogue stuff, I was madly doing missions since launch to get the scroll of teleport: ravenholdt....I'm super OCD about getting every teleport item in the game. Turns out its not looted from the vault quest, it was simply in front of Noggenfogger on the floor.

I bet the crate will be the same thing, so go see him every day.

Badpathing
MVP
Pet Score:12840
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Badpathing » June 9th, 2017, 11:46 am

Honestly, I think priest is the only class that got 'shafted' on content. While the content does vary from class to class, most of them get a few perks.

Iopos
Pet Score:4510
BattleTag®:Kratas#1418
Realm:Tichondrius-us

Post by Iopos » June 9th, 2017, 5:35 pm

The crate is tied to the Vault, as a random, extra bonus reward. When you go to turn in your ticket, it will sometimes spawn and Marin will say he has something special this time. Once you loot it and add it to your toybox, it doesn't seem to ever spawn again.

Kalium
Top Rater

Post by Kalium » June 9th, 2017, 6:34 pm

More disheartening than not getting a pet is sharing a pet with another class. Demon Hunters and Warlocks share another eye pet. Would it have been too difficult to give Warlocks a scaled down demon that didn't exist as a pet yet? Like a mini Doomguard or Shivarra... just something that's not a lame little eye.

Gilneas
Top Rater
Pet Score:10095
Realm:Kargath-us

Post by Gilneas » June 9th, 2017, 9:05 pm

If you are talking of the class hall vendor toys, they aren't exclusive of the class hall, you can get them at various locations, that's why I didn't include them, you can check this list :
(but I'll add it to the list)
That is interesting. The ones I was referring to were all so solidly shaman-themed, I didn't even think they'd be anywhere else.

Milotha
Top Rater
Pet Score:5471
BattleTag®:milotha#1158
Realm:Silver Hand-us

Post by Milotha » June 10th, 2017, 1:14 pm

I am hoping they will add pets for the classes that are missing them in the coming patches.