Going after Tylarr. Stuck on Dippy.

Share pet collecting news and advice.
NeverFinal
Pet Score:11897
BattleTag®:NeverFinal#1703
Realm:Bladefist-us
Going after Tylarr. Stuck on Dippy.

Post by NeverFinal » May 29th, 2017, 6:53 pm

Im an 868 Havoc DH. I cant seem to get enough damage on him before he enrages. I dont understand it. Anyone got any tips. Hes barely half hp when he enrages. I feel like i spend more time running after him and keeping him off the wall than anything else.

Peanutty
Pet Score:9635
Realm:Kil'jaeden-us

Re: Going after Tylarr. Stuck on Dippy.

Post by Peanutty » May 29th, 2017, 9:28 pm

He doesn't enrage, the entire thing with Dippy is you can't let him Peck you. You interrupt Peck by doing direct damage to him, which knocks him over. When he hits a wall he can't fall over so that's why he's rushing to you and instantly killing you. Sounds like you're accidentally pushing him into rushing you by chasing him as he falls back, instead of letting him come to you.

Wowhead suggests standing still in center of the room and simply hitting him whenever he gets within melee range. It's not a DPS dependent fight. Always have an attack ready (make sure you have resources, GCD, etc.)

Milotha
Top Rater
Pet Score:5471
BattleTag®:milotha#1158
Realm:Silver Hand-us

Post by Milotha » May 30th, 2017, 1:54 am

I stood about 1/3rd of the way into the room, and let dippy come at me. Then as soon as he got near me and started peck, I'd hit an instant cast, knocking him back, then I would move to keep maximal distance from me to the wall based on where he was knocked to. This meant every time I cast to interrupt his peck, he would get knocked further away. I popped my cooldowns at the start and used a potion so my first few hits did a ton of his life, then it was just a patience game.

NeverFinal
Pet Score:11897
BattleTag®:NeverFinal#1703
Realm:Bladefist-us

Post by NeverFinal » May 30th, 2017, 3:44 pm

See Im not dying to him at all. Not even the first time. I always die to the enrage. When the lava comes across the floor cuz i took to long. I cant even get him to half health before this happens. I dont know why. Thats being 868 and using the brawlers guild dps pot.

Peanutty

Post by Peanutty » May 30th, 2017, 5:46 pm

NeverFinal wrote:See Im not dying to him at all. Not even the first time. I always die to the enrage. When the lava comes across the floor cuz i took to long. I cant even get him to half health before this happens. I dont know why. Thats being 868 and using the brawlers guild dps pot.
OHH... my bad then. I thought you meant Dippy was enraging, not the 2 minute timer. Unfortunately that's just a DPS check issue. I guess read sites like Icy Veins for pointers on your class and spec to make sure you're maximizing your DPS, and make sure you're double potting (right as you land on arena floor, again at 1 min). If that still doesn't help you're just going to need better gear to increase your potential DPS. Right now the quickest way to gear up without raiding/mythic dungeons is to do invasions for nethershards, to turn in at Broken Shore (you can do this whether or not you've opened Broken Shore quests) and to hit PVP towers when PVP gear is being offered (baseline ilvl 870 gear). Even my alts are all hovering around 870-880 thanks to doing those two things.

Mehetabel
Top Rater
Pet Score:13661
Realm:Lightbringer-eu

Post by Mehetabel » May 31st, 2017, 3:50 am

As well as the above-mentioned gear check, I've also found (in my limited experience) that Brawlers Guild is much harder on melee classes. My main is a holy pally so previously I've always had to do Brawlers as ret, effectively doubling the difficulty for me (spec I don't know well AND melee).

This year, after seeing various advice, I didn't even try Brawlers on my main, but just went straight down there on my hunter alt and blasted through it. It was easy and her ilvl was around 860.

If it's for the pet then it doesn't matter which char you do it on and, for me, I'll always take the easy route if I can! :lol:

Digem
MVP
Pet Score:13800
Realm:Fizzcrank-us

Post by Digem » May 31st, 2017, 10:30 am

Mehetabel wrote:As well as the above-mentioned gear check, I've also found (in my limited experience) that Brawlers Guild is much harder on melee classes. My main is a holy pally so previously I've always had to do Brawlers as ret, effectively doubling the difficulty for me (spec I don't know well AND melee).

This year, after seeing various advice, I didn't even try Brawlers on my main, but just went straight down there on my hunter alt and blasted through it. It was easy and her ilvl was around 860.

If it's for the pet then it doesn't matter which char you do it on and, for me, I'll always take the easy route if I can! :lol:

Yep brawlers guild hates melee and healers and is significantly easier on ranger classes and hunters particularly

Peanutty

Post by Peanutty » May 31st, 2017, 2:38 pm

Brawlers is definitely harder as melee BUT I've seen more demon hunters full clear than any other class, their DPS potential is exceptional even with lower ilvls. But if you're only doing this for the pet and not planning on a full clear, slapping some random gear on a BM hunter should work.

In case you're hoping for a full clear (i.e. you want the mount), using a BM hunter, you're looking at around ilvl 890 and around 650k DPS sustained (boosted with double pots, bloodlust, flask) plus knowledge of your full toolkit and pet's toolkit.

Emarka
Pet Score:11024
Realm:Bronzebeard-us

Post by Emarka » May 31st, 2017, 5:34 pm

I have a lot of experience with the Brawler's Guild (890 ret pally, killed all necessary and optional bosses multiple times while farming the 20k gold achieve), so if you want some in-game help I can hop on and party together. I may be able to offer some pointers, if you're open to it. Just shoot me a message.

Outside of that, as a Havoc at your gear level, you really shouldn't be having any issues at all with the enrage timer. If you're not dying to Peck, then either your dps is low (doing something wrong with your rotation or CDs) or you're way too worried about Peck and wasting time waiting for him to come to you instead of dpsing (it's a 1.1 second cast, so you should have more than enough time to fel rush out of range when he gets his back to a wall).