I may never haveTylarr Gronnden

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Sonso
Pet Score:13732
Realm:Exodar-us
I may never haveTylarr Gronnden

Post by Sonso » May 26th, 2017, 10:04 pm

I'm so frustrated with the Master Paku fight I can hardly stand it. I've lost track of how many times I've died so far. It isn't as if I haven't tried. I'm older and between the always running thing, the timer that prevents walking through it, and my shaky hands I don't last more than a few seconds. I've watched every video I can find and read everything said about it. Only way to get through it is to just do it. This might be the pet I just can't get.

I'm so discouraged and just wanted to let off steam with people who might understand. I don't want to be wonderful I just want the pet. It's always about the pets isn't it? We pvp, level alts we don't want to play, spend money and suffer through endless amounts rng.

Guess I'll go back to my Ap grind on my DK and Monk.

Darkchyld
Pet Score:13668
BattleTag®:Darkchyld#1345
Realm:Tichondrius-us

Re: I may never haveTylarr Gronnden

Post by Darkchyld » May 27th, 2017, 12:02 am

Sonso wrote:I'm so frustrated with the Master Paku fight I can hardly stand it. I've lost track of how many times I've died so far. It isn't as if I haven't tried. I'm older and between the always running thing, the timer that prevents walking through it, and my shaky hands I don't last more than a few seconds. I've watched every video I can find and read everything said about it. Only way to get through it is to just do it. This might be the pet I just can't get.

I'm so discouraged and just wanted to let off steam with people who might understand. I don't want to be wonderful I just want the pet. It's always about the pets isn't it? We pvp, level alts we don't want to play, spend money and suffer through endless amounts rng.

Guess I'll go back to my Ap grind on my DK and Monk.
You have a ranged class with pretty high ilvl. Just focus on not hitting walls, use run/walk toggle if the movement is too fast after you've hit a sphere so your movements can be a bit more controlled, pop your DPS CDs when you do hit the spheres, use flask/food/potion once you feel comfortable with encounter. Keep up your spirits and perseverance will help you earn the pet.

Ravyn
Top Rater
Pet Score:6211
Realm:Arathor-eu

Post by Ravyn » May 27th, 2017, 2:49 am

I remember being very frustrated with Master Paku as well. I took a break and went back to it later.

I'm sure you can do this fight. Adding on to Darkchyld's tip's above, I would say the next most important things are not to put so much pressure on yourself and to try to stay relaxed through the whole encounter. I wish you all the luck!

Sonso

Post by Sonso » May 27th, 2017, 5:26 am

Thanks for the replies and advice.

Given my ilvl you would think I should be ale to do it but that gear came from luck and nethershards not skill. It's the walls that get me. Being slow to react combined with shaky hands is my main issue.

I am going to take a break.

Digem
MVP
Pet Score:13800
Realm:Fizzcrank-us

Post by Digem » May 27th, 2017, 6:47 am

Sonso wrote:Thanks for the replies and advice.

Given my ilvl you would think I should be ale to do it but that gear came from luck and nethershards not skill. It's the walls that get me. Being slow to react combined with shaky hands is my main issue.

I am going to take a break.

Use a hunter to do this fight. A beast master hunter . Put yourself on slow walk to avoid the walls easier and have your pets do the killing. It might take a couple tries as rng where the bosses pop up and start spinning can kill you if the pop up on you while slow walking. But it makes the fight considerably easier

Sonso

Post by Sonso » May 27th, 2017, 8:17 am

I do have a hunter. Needs gear and stuff but I might give that a try. I would have to play it a bit to get comfortable. How do they do against the other bosses? I did last 2 minutes once with slow walk and thought I could just gradually wear Master Paku down. I didn't realize there was a timer! Live and learn, right?

Darkchyld
Pet Score:13668
BattleTag®:Darkchyld#1345
Realm:Tichondrius-us

Post by Darkchyld » May 27th, 2017, 9:16 pm

2 minutes is a lot better than a few seconds. Now just optimize your DPS a bit and you'll have yourself a shiny new pet.

Milotha
Top Rater
Pet Score:5471
BattleTag®:milotha#1158
Realm:Silver Hand-us

Post by Milotha » May 27th, 2017, 9:59 pm

I 100% agree with you and am in the same boat. I have an evil plan to get this, but it involves help from my hubby who has way better hand eye coordination than I.

Gráinne
Pet Score:13284
Realm:Magtheridon-eu

Post by Gráinne » May 28th, 2017, 5:31 am

How out of the loop am I? I didn't even know about this!

I had done the first 5 battles to get Meatball, so I just went back on in. Blew away the next battle, and then Master Paku.

WHAAAAAAAT just happened? (from my ringside corpse :) )

4 wipes later - I think I'd better check out some guides and videos :)

Sonso

Post by Sonso » May 28th, 2017, 6:10 am

I do feel better knowing I'm not the only one. I have also thought about getting one of my kids to come over here and try it for me. You would think in an under ground fight club we could hire a thug or something. Or at least bribe Master Paku to take a fall.

I say do whatever it takes and don't feel bad about it!

Digem
MVP
Pet Score:13800
Realm:Fizzcrank-us

Post by Digem » May 28th, 2017, 3:28 pm

Sonso wrote:I do have a hunter. Needs gear and stuff but I might give that a try. I would have to play it a bit to get comfortable. How do they do against the other bosses? I did last 2 minutes once with slow walk and thought I could just gradually wear Master Paku down. I didn't realize there was a timer! Live and learn, right?

hunters make every fight easier as range has it easier in fight club and hunters have tank pets. it makes it so much easier

GilroyKilroy
MVP
Pet Score:6114
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by GilroyKilroy » May 28th, 2017, 4:16 pm

I finally got him on my warlock after I switched him from demonology to affliction.

What I find helps is if you macro you "main" spell to first include /target Master Paku as the first item. That way you don't have spend the extra time trying to target him. Alas he and his ghosts have the same name so you might have to take down the ghosts too (I did.)

Saviya
Pet Score:11609
BattleTag®:Saviya#1875
Realm:Hyjal-us

Post by Saviya » May 28th, 2017, 8:36 pm

Sonso wrote:You would think in an under ground fight club we could hire a thug or something. Or at least bribe Master Paku to take a fall.

This made me laugh so much. I haven't tried brawlers this time around, I'm such a chicken I wait till the last second for everything!

Gráinne
Pet Score:13284
Realm:Magtheridon-eu

Post by Gráinne » May 29th, 2017, 2:45 am

Well, I'm not giving up after 5 wipes! Maybe after 50 I'll start to get worried. :)

Having watched videos, I now know that I should be toggling walk, and can cast while moving. That /target tip sounds good, too.

But I really need to find a time when BG is empty. I don't fancy going at it for 5 individual minutes, scattered over an hour. Apart from anything else, I lose the sense of how to do it when waiting between attempts.

Sonso

Post by Sonso » May 29th, 2017, 7:55 pm

Early morning is pretty quite in there. I've tried all times of day and night. I'm sure I supplied a lot of comic relief for that evening crowd. I think I'm up to around 60+ attempts now with no improvement. One death was enrage timer, but mostly I just touch the blue wall. Only way I made to end of timer was by walking through the whole thing. I had not killed any of the ghosts.

Even though it makes me feel a bit guilty cause he has 2 kids, full time job and wife I'm thinking of bribing my son with in game gold.

Milotha
Top Rater
Pet Score:5471
BattleTag®:milotha#1158
Realm:Silver Hand-us

Post by Milotha » May 30th, 2017, 7:22 am

I love my hubby! He drove with my mouse and I dpsed with my keyboard. Tylarr is mine. Have him stoned up and am riding my Coalfist Gronnling.

GrosBonda
Pet Score:10429
BattleTag®:Grosbonda#1406
Realm:Arygos-us

Post by GrosBonda » May 30th, 2017, 8:55 am

Milotha wrote:I love my hubby! He drove with my mouse and I dpsed with my keyboard. Tylarr is mine. Have him stoned up and am riding my Coalfist Gronnling.
Nice team work :)

Ebil
Pet Score:11957
Realm:Moon Guard-us

Post by Ebil » May 30th, 2017, 10:44 am

Sonso wrote:Early morning is pretty quite in there. I've tried all times of day and night. I'm sure I supplied a lot of comic relief for that evening crowd. I think I'm up to around 60+ attempts now with no improvement. One death was enrage timer, but mostly I just touch the blue wall. Only way I made to end of timer was by walking through the whole thing. I had not killed any of the ghosts.

Even though it makes me feel a bit guilty cause he has 2 kids, full time job and wife I'm thinking of bribing my son with in game gold.
I walked the whole maze but I also play a demo warlock so that helped by not having to be in melee range. What I did find is that if you stun one the ghost before it become immune, it does not happen and you can dps it down.

Mehetabel
Top Rater
Pet Score:13557
Realm:Lightbringer-eu

Post by Mehetabel » May 31st, 2017, 3:56 am

Just wanted to give another thumbs up for doing this on a BM hunter. I didn't even try Brawlers on my main this expac, just nethershard-geared my hunter up and she blasted through. Soooooo much easier! :D
Come join us in the WarcraftPets In-Game Community (EU)! Request invite here: https://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=18420

Sonso

Post by Sonso » May 31st, 2017, 6:30 am

I was in there yesterday afternoon and saw a BM hunter do it on the first try. Just walked right on through it. I made my mind up to get my hunter up there enough to do this. Thanks for all the post and suggestions.