fel legendary pet tracking quest

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Cheyrn
Pet Score:2080
Realm:Eldre'Thalas-us
fel legendary pet tracking quest

Post by Cheyrn » May 26th, 2017, 7:43 pm

On, wowhead there a series of quests listed: Fel legendary pet tracking quest 1 - 15, for the tanaan jungle legendary pets. But, there is no info about how someone would start the quests. Do you know where someone starts these quests?

Darkchyld
Pet Score:13808
BattleTag®:Darkchyld#1345
Realm:Tichondrius-us

Re: fel legendary pet tracking quest

Post by Darkchyld » May 26th, 2017, 8:21 pm

Those should just be the 15 legendary pet battles found in Tanaan jungle. You'll need to be 100+, garrison level 3, and build a lvl 1 shipyard and do the introduction quest line to unlock Tanaan jungle and from there you can just battle them.

Cheyrn
Pet Score:2080
Realm:Eldre'Thalas-us

Post by Cheyrn » May 26th, 2017, 9:23 pm

I've already completed tiny terrors in tanaan. I'm asking because in owehead someone comments that there is a hidden quest to track your progress:

http://ptr.wowhead.com/npc=94601/felsworn-sentry#comments:id=2173046

I gather it is okay to post links another site, since I see one in a sticky.

Maybe I don't know what "hidden quest" means.

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13928
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Quintessence » May 26th, 2017, 10:20 pm

I think in this situation, "hidden quest" means there's no direct quest to pick up to begin battling any of the Tanaan Legendary pets. That is, you don't speak with an NPC with a yellow exclamation mark over its head, and you don't turn in anything to complete the objective.
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Flohsakk
Pet Score:13312
Realm:Blackhand-eu

Post by Flohsakk » May 26th, 2017, 10:57 pm

Yes, to make sure you can not repeat a Tiny Terror (or do similiar stuff on multiple characters if it's intended to be account wide) the game uses hidden quests. No question mark, no turn in like Quintessence said.

If you beat a specific NPC, his hidden quest will be flagged completed. The next time you interact with the same NPC it's acting different (or does nothing) until the quest is flagged incomplete with the next reset (weekly/daily). The same thing happens with a lot of "secret" stuff... like activating orbs for the Kosumoth world quest or these special crates in the Nightfallen scenario.

So usually we don't have to care about hidden quests, but if we want we can use their Quest IDs to check for our progress with ingame scripts or addons (Daily Tamer Check does that for pet battles).