Is it me or are the pet battle exp gone big??!!

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Abbotta
MVP
Pet Score:11315
BattleTag®:LynneSin#1318
Realm:Area 52-us
Is it me or are the pet battle exp gone big??!!

Post by Abbotta » May 16th, 2017, 10:22 pm

I know they had a release today so who knows.

But I was doing the Draenor Pet masters and usually when my pets are above level 16 it takes about 2-3 to get them to level 25 (and yes I'm wearing my hat and some pet snacks). I usually get them to 24 and then use a stone to get to 25.

Tonight everyone was hitting level 25. Scraps was level 13 when I put him in a battle with Aki over in Pandaria and he got 10 levels off of that.

Even splitting Ashlei with my level 1 and a level 23 - my level 1 went to level 15 (and the level 23 went to 25)

Did something change?

Abby

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13896
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Re: Is it me or are the pet battle exp gone big??!!

Post by Quintessence » May 16th, 2017, 10:40 pm

Today was the start of the Pet Battle Bonus Week event. More experience for your pets! (triple the rate)

It's a great week to level pets. Especially because Squirt will be back (NA) on the 19th. It's the only day this year where her arrival falls in the bonus week.
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Darkchyld
Pet Score:13668
BattleTag®:Darkchyld#1345
Realm:Tichondrius-us

Post by Darkchyld » May 16th, 2017, 10:40 pm

Pet Battle week.

Abbotta
MVP
Pet Score:11315
BattleTag®:LynneSin#1318
Realm:Area 52-us

Post by Abbotta » May 17th, 2017, 1:20 pm

Quintessence wrote:Today was the start of the Pet Battle Bonus Week event. More experience for your pets! (triple the rate)

It's a great week to level pets. Especially because Squirt will be back (NA) on the 19th. It's the only day this year where her arrival falls in the bonus week.
I did not know that!

I rank high in Area 52 because of my high average pet level even with a lower number of pets.

Will be busy all this week!

Abby

Uduwudu
Pet Score:11571
Realm:Draka-us

Post by Uduwudu » May 18th, 2017, 12:41 pm

Hi,

Always check the calendar on the mini map by clicking on it. Many of the world events have pets that you can get, for example, and most of them are not hard, and can be kinda fun.

The Pet Bonus week, comes around ... heck ... I think every other month? Maybe every three months, and on that day, specially if Squirt is on, you want to do nothing whatsoever but Pet Battle and get the Xp on all the pets you have, and level them as far up as you want. The nice thing, is that this saves you the Pet Charms.

Make sure you learn/study the mechanics of the Squirt battle, so you use the Howl properly and at the tight time (mistake is using it early!), and then have the Level 1 Pet brought in at the right time and then brought out. All in all it is not a hard fight, but requires attention, since Dibbs can pop a Critical, and the Wolf will not make it to the Howl, and you must restart the fight ... again, with no mistakes, you should win at least 85% of the time.

I never used the Pet Charms (except to get the Rare Stone) for low levels, even if I had to go to Orgrimmar and fight the new critters until they were Level 5 and so on ... there are some bits and pieces of learning here, as you can see that some Pets are very different and learning how to use them, is not going to improve, until later ...

Noel
Pet Score:13092
Realm:Kel'Thuzad-us

Post by Noel » May 18th, 2017, 4:29 pm

I'm a tiny bit sad I have no under level 25 pets because of squirt tomorrow; going to try to buy the Wailing Critters pets if they come down enough....and the Orphaned Felbat; the price will come down HARD because everyone's starting to get extra chests from Broken Isles.