Share pet collecting news and advice.
Milotha
Top Rater
Pet Score:5471
BattleTag®:milotha#1158
Realm:Silver Hand-us
Everyweek is Exactly the Same

Post by Milotha » May 10th, 2017, 6:00 pm

Oh looks it's a Blingtron 6000. Opens package, no Knock-off Blingtron. Everytime I see one now, my heart sinks a little knowing it won't be in the package.

Finally got Wailing Critters done. Opens package - no Everliving Spore.

Opens paragon chests - no pets. Why am I doing these.

Does another 3x7 wardens tower assaults - still not at 7 prestige.

Looks at gold, debates giving up on the 1 million gold pet and buying the above.

Loos at doing Brawlers Guild, and remembers the pac man battle that I cannot do with my lag.

Logs in to level alts and thinks about all the work the Death Knight will be.

Logs out, gets a chocolate snack and binge watches Netflix instead.

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13896
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Re: Everyweek is Exactly the Same

Post by Quintessence » May 10th, 2017, 6:38 pm

Legion is definitely short on carrots on sticks that are of more reasonable length. It's easier to stay engaged and motivated when you can see the end goal.

All we can do is push through the grinds, stare down the RNG, and just keep working against the uphill battle. Don't give up! *sends good RNG vibes your way*
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Sweetdr0ps
Top Rater
Pet Score:9135
BattleTag®:Sweetdr0ps#1199
Realm:The Forgotten Coast-us

Post by Sweetdr0ps » May 10th, 2017, 7:36 pm

I feel you :) hehe

Sile9
Realm:Thunderhorn-us

Post by Sile9 » May 11th, 2017, 4:02 am

At this point I'm just wondering whether my Bling 6000 needs a factory reset. I drop it in every raid. The chat box fills up with gray items and the occasional bloods or shotguns from everyone opening their gifts but never the pet. I even saw someone get a legendary from it once. I can understand it being so rare that I don't find it in my package, but to be so rare that entire pools of players looting en masse could not even be aware it existed?

Gráinne
Pet Score:13284
Realm:Magtheridon-eu

Post by Gráinne » May 11th, 2017, 7:47 am

/hug

I hope you get at least one piece of good RNG this week. :)

Minivivi
MVP
Pet Score:12541
Realm:Medivh-us

Post by Minivivi » May 11th, 2017, 11:49 pm

I joined a random premade group of peeps putting down Blingtrons. I did not get mine from the group but several people were lucky and did.
Know you are not alone and we all feel like you do most all the time. /hugs & pets from all our herds to yours.

Mehetabel
Top Rater
Pet Score:13557
Realm:Lightbringer-eu

Post by Mehetabel » May 12th, 2017, 7:43 am

Right there with you! Especially with regards to those RNG pets! :cry:

I feel slightly better with the Monk/DK pets as I know that is something I can work towards and will DEFINITELY get at the end as a reward for my hard work. Ditto the prestige pets (although the top of that particular mountain is VERY far away!).
Come join us in the WarcraftPets In-Game Community (EU)! Request invite here: https://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=18420

Uduwudu
Pet Score:11571
Realm:Draka-us

Post by Uduwudu » May 12th, 2017, 8:18 am

Hi,

Grind grind grind grind grind grind grind grind and more grind!

And we're still grinding!

I doubt any of this will improve until in one week, this game loses 1 million folks or thereabouts. On that day, many folks will get fired, and Blizzard will have to re-evaluate things, because there won't be enough folks to sustain the level of drops and content in most servers ... 50 servers gone magically!

I do not have a proper solution, and honestly, I would not want to see WoW fall apart like EQ did ... with programmers that were not in tune with the players, and thought themselves better and more important ... and they never played a whole hour in this game! Or did a raid with you and I without cheat codes!

Add to your list the Gundrak No-Drop ... it's supposedly like 1-1000! Even if you hung around and killed 100 a day, you won't get it because you did not do 1000 on that day? Makes as much sense as ... not worth mentioning! I'm getting to the point I don't even know why I play!

Africanleopard
Pet Score:5560
Realm:Caelestrasz-us

Post by Africanleopard » May 12th, 2017, 2:32 pm

I feel your pain - I am trying to get most of the pets from Timeless Isle - the Jadefire Spirit, Ominous Flame, Ashleaf Spriteling, Guchi Swarmling, Ruby Droplet, Skunky Alimental, Dandelion Frolicker, Jademist Dancer and Spineclaw Crab. I have killed the mobs when they were current a gazillion times, same in WoD and now in legion.

I caved and traded for the Spineclaw Crab, bought the jademist dancer and dandelion frolicker - only to discover that buying these pets, unlike with raiding with leashes, don't count towards the achievement.... :cry:

The RNG gods seriously dislike me :( .

Shashos
Pet Score:13727
Realm:Doomhammer-us

Post by Shashos » May 12th, 2017, 8:23 pm

Africanleopard wrote:I feel your pain - I am trying to get most of the pets from Timeless Isle - the Jadefire Spirit, Ominous Flame, Ashleaf Spriteling, Guchi Swarmling, Ruby Droplet, Skunky Alimental, Dandelion Frolicker, Jademist Dancer and Spineclaw Crab. I have killed the mobs when they were current a gazillion times, same in WoD and now in legion.

I caved and traded for the Spineclaw Crab, bought the jademist dancer and dandelion frolicker - only to discover that buying these pets, unlike with raiding with leashes, don't count towards the achievement.... :cry:

The RNG gods seriously dislike me :( .
Wooo, boy. I gave up on the TI pet drop grind. I think I only ever got the Swarmling and Ruby Droplet. All the rest I bought off the AH. There comes a time when even the most dogged and patient collector reaches their own personal limit. :|

Abbotta
MVP
Pet Score:11315
BattleTag®:LynneSin#1318
Realm:Area 52-us

Post by Abbotta » May 12th, 2017, 9:39 pm

I know the feeling

Which is why I take breaks from time to time.

I am not good at regular hunting. I tend to die early and often doing raids/dungeons and thus never join those groups.

I'm having a blast now because I was offline for a year. Came back for the Qiraji Guardling and the new areas. But I do know sometime mid-summer I will be bored and I'll be offline again.

Enjoy WoW but if you are bored take a break and come back when new things are available.

:D

Jazeel
Pet Score:9583
Realm:Saurfang-us

Post by Jazeel » May 14th, 2017, 7:58 am

I know this feeling too, i have yet to get a drop from the WC battle, killed over 400 inquisitors without seeing the eye drop. handed in 20 paragon caches between my two pallies and got nothing but gold/resources. I have had great luck with cyssa though, got 8 albino buzzards so far. Have a DK grinding out AP now, rogue then monk next, but its slow as i dont have enough time in the day lol, oh well this is definitely a long haul expac when it comes to pets. i just wish its not something they repeat every xpac as its killing off folks fun in a major way.

Paladance
Pet Score:12412
Realm:Burning Legion-eu

Post by Paladance » May 14th, 2017, 1:32 pm

I've had a lot of luck these days but yet another Kirin Tor emmie with NO quest…

Maybe Khadgar is bored with the head in the crystal ball? :(

EDIT: It's complicated.

I have compiled community knowledge & data about pet battle abilities!
https://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19507

Milotha
Top Rater

Post by Milotha » May 16th, 2017, 4:31 am

Thanks all for the kind words. Still trying, but man there has been lots of good stuff to binge watch on Netflix.

Ebil
Pet Score:11957
Realm:Moon Guard-us

Post by Ebil » May 16th, 2017, 9:18 am

Milotha wrote: Logs in to level alts and thinks about all the work the Death Knight will be.
I know this sounds terrible but level your DK using invasions. It is slow going but you will leave all of the quest intact and you can go back and finish them at a higher AK level. Also you can get the chest which will help as well since those scale up as well.

Zhevrakeeper
Pet Score:13752
Realm:Saurfang-us

Post by Zhevrakeeper » May 17th, 2017, 7:57 am

Original poster, I can't upvote your post enough. Honestly this xpack has been awful. I am still doing my best but I am over it, there is no fun in it. There is no fun opening that many blings, doing the cavern dungeon, killing the inquisitors in suramar, opening paragon caches (please don't even get me started on the dreamweaver cache pet, I am now up to 20 alts a week grinding it and have not seen the pet!!!!!!) etc etc to be greeted with a big fat nothing. The grind has gotten out of control, they took pets and gated them behind unreasonable RNG and requirements and really have ruined it. Don't get me wrong long grinds aren't new.... but this many and the level of RNG and requirements this xpack has exceeded anything i've seen before. This many gated pets just makes me feel deflated and not want to even bother trying.

If there was some trade off (say make almost unavailable pets like the thundering serpent hatching obtainable again) I could possibly be ok with it, because there is some balance then. But the way it is now, is not fun. I honestly just feel like logging off and not bothering.

Darkchyld
Pet Score:13668
BattleTag®:Darkchyld#1345
Realm:Tichondrius-us

Post by Darkchyld » May 17th, 2017, 9:06 am

I came back to the game at the start of WoD and so I had a lot of catching up to do and had plenty of time to do so. I definitely abused the garrison gold making and started off Legion with a healthy supply of gold despite barely using the AH. I'm not too wrapped up into earning the pets myself so I just buy the rare or highly RNG pets when they are of reasonable price. I got lucky with the WC pets, but for me the DH/lock pet took 3-4 months before it dropped.

I have all the obtainable pets right now with 110 Monk and DK waiting for AK50. My last couple goals are 2nd legendary, Meatball follower, and to cap out my mission hall champions so I can grind out AP as fast and efficiently for my monk/DK.

Milotha
Top Rater

Post by Milotha » May 17th, 2017, 4:40 pm

I think for me this RNG is wearing me down because I have now gotten 1 rare drop in 2 total expansions. All the rest I have bought on the AH. But now there is the 1 million gold pet, preventing that strategy from working. Never been very good at making gold on my low population server.

Graven
Pet Score:5307
Realm:Terenas-eu

Post by Graven » May 26th, 2017, 6:18 am

The problem with this expansion as compared to previous ones is that previously, most of these very rare pets were tradeable. So you could decide which ones to drive yourself crazy trying to farm, and plonk down an amount of gold for others. People not interested in pets could have a chance at a lucky payday, and those inclined to spend the hours farming for the rare ones could have a possible source of income.

Along comes Legion and the designers have apparently decided to end all of that. If you want something now you have to grind and grind for it, and when you do get it, it's not special because anyone else could also get it just by spending the tedious hours. Rare pets are not rare any more, they are just common pets that nobody has because of the ridiculous time requirements.

Jdf1977
Pet Score:9139
Realm:Eitrigg-us

Post by Jdf1977 » May 26th, 2017, 6:26 pm

i feel this way but daily as i am trying to finish family familiar. I need 3 more to finish my last one which is Roboteer. I log on see that none of the pet WQs count for me and get a mix of sad and peeved lol