Share pet collecting news and advice.
Hobbitpolitics
Top Rater
Pet Score:4678
BattleTag®:HowPolitical#2973
Realm:Silvermoon-eu
No new pets from raids :(

Post by Hobbitpolitics » May 4th, 2017, 4:11 pm

I am sad that we aren't getting new pets dropping from Tomb of Sargeras. [pet]Corrupted Nest Guardian[/pet] is one of my favorite pets as it really captures the feel of the Hellfire Citadel raid. Now I was looking at Fatboss PTR attempt on the boss Demonic Inquisition and it features a "fel"=Green/black version of our lovely [pet]Droplet of Y'Shaarj[/pet] and even though it's a recolor I immedietly fell in love and would it be amazing to have one as a battle pet. I would be grateful for any pet drop in the raid, this is just one model I really like. What are your thoughts?

Here is a direct link to the fight @0.22 if anybody is interested.
https://youtu.be/7GB071_cQlA?t=22s

Sile9
Realm:Thunderhorn-us

Re: No new pets from raids :(

Post by Sile9 » May 5th, 2017, 3:55 am

I was especially disappointed that there wasn't a single pet to be had in Nighthold despite the numerous encounters that practically scream pet material: scorpion with Arcane Blast and Quake from Skorpyron, mini Pulsauron with force swap and Surge of Power from Chronomatic, Roomba with Clean-up and Explode from Trilliax, Botanist parasitic lasher with an elemental haunt, Tich magic type phantasmal bat with Call Darkness and Swarm, voidling with Insanity and Phase Shift from Star Augur.

It didn't even surprise me with Tomb which at face value would offer far fewer pet opportunities being that it consists primarily of greater demons, naga, and night elf ghosts, although Mistress Sassz'ine has no shortage of aquatics with diverse abilities. I wouldn't mind an abyss worm.

Vakeetah
Top Rater
Pet Score:9677
Realm:Dragonblight-eu

Post by Vakeetah » May 5th, 2017, 9:32 am

Maybe they're saving them for Raiding With Leashes: VII? :lol:
- Thanks to Paladance for the sig!

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13896
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Quintessence » May 5th, 2017, 1:17 pm

Vakeetah wrote:Maybe they're saving them for Raiding With Leashes: VII? :lol:
Somewhat side-topic: RWL is what has me kind of irked when it comes to (current tier) raid dropped pets.

The latest RWL covered WotLK, so there are still plenty of raids to cover between that expansion and now. But it will eventually catch up to raids that already drop pets. I believe MoP raids was where the (non-RWL) raid dropped pets trend started?

What's going to happen to those pets and the achievement? Will non-RWL raid dropped pets suddenly become RWL pets and be baked into the achievement? Or will they be outliers and a different set of pets will be implemented for RWL?

On topic: I was a little bummed about no new pets from Nighthold or ToS, but just a very teeny bit. I've had about enough of RNG for one expansion to be honest, and my hope is that no pets for these two raid tiers will mean more for RWL ^^;
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Paladance
Pet Score:12412
Realm:Burning Legion-eu

Post by Paladance » May 5th, 2017, 1:52 pm

Quintessence wrote:Somewhat side-topic: RWL is what has me kind of irked when it comes to (current tier) raid dropped pets.

The latest RWL covered WotLK, so there are still plenty of raids to cover between that expansion and now. But it will eventually catch up to raids that already drop pets. I believe MoP raids was where the (non-RWL) raid dropped pets trend started?

What's going to happen to those pets and the achievement? Will non-RWL raid dropped pets suddenly become RWL pets and be baked into the achievement? Or will they be outliers and a different set of pets will be implemented for RWL?
Considering that [pet]Snobold Runt[/pet] has become a pet separate from RwL IV efforts, complete with a lower drop rate, I suspect they might stay separate aswell or be transferred partially (e.g. three pets from SoO but not the fourth one and analogically for ToT). Am I correct that the pets used to be tied to specific difficulty until Warlords, or is it only my mind gap due to renaming the modes?

Also: another source of confusion is whether and how timewalking raids would affect the RwL pets' appearance! :lol:

For real, I'd like to get a pet based on Suramar constructs, with a proper magitek moveset. This model is just too awesome to waste. Perhaps it's too late, though (or too early, considering that other part :P).

I have compiled community knowledge & data about pet battle abilities!
https://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19507

Quintessence
Site Admin

Post by Quintessence » May 5th, 2017, 2:32 pm

Paladance wrote:Am I correct that the pets used to be tied to specific difficulty until Warlords, or is it only my mind gap due to renaming the modes?
The only pets that are tied to a specific raid difficulty are [pet]Droplet of Y'shaarj[/pet] and [pet]Gooey Sha-ling[/pet] (Siege of Orgrimmar).

I wouldn't mind a mini-Chromatic Anomaly and Trilliax from Nighthold. Trilliax could throw cake around as its idle animation XD
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Hobbitpolitics
Top Rater
Pet Score:4678
BattleTag®:HowPolitical#2973
Realm:Silvermoon-eu

Post by Hobbitpolitics » May 5th, 2017, 3:03 pm

The next raiding with leashes that we will get will bein the expansion after Legion, and that will cover the Cataclysm expansions, lots of dragon and elementals I guess but excited nonetheless. Looking forward on Legion we will have one raid after ToS (presumably) in patch 7.3 I hope we see some major pet content released there (many pets to collect and encounters
to battle). My guess is we might see around 3-4 total pet battle dungeons with the final one concluding the big "plot" regarding the shadowy figure, can't wait to see the plot twist reveal haha. Also RNG aside, having one pet in a raid doesn't hurt really, worst case scenario we all go on our death knights we leveled for the 3 drakes and solo the encounter in the next expansion. ^^

Mehetabel
Top Rater
Pet Score:13557
Realm:Lightbringer-eu

Post by Mehetabel » May 8th, 2017, 5:48 am

Quintessence wrote:I've had about enough of RNG for one expansion to be honest
This.

I am having CRAZY bad luck with RNG this expac and I've had it up to here with it. So many pets that I still don't have (Knockoff Blingtron, Albino Buzzard, Hateful Eye to name a couple) that I try daily to get but nothing, nothing, nothing drops.

More drop pets would be the death of me. :lol:
Come join us in the WarcraftPets In-Game Community (EU)! Request invite here: https://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=18420

Milotha
Top Rater
Pet Score:5471
BattleTag®:milotha#1158
Realm:Silver Hand-us

Post by Milotha » May 8th, 2017, 3:46 pm

Mehetabel wrote:
Quintessence wrote:I've had about enough of RNG for one expansion to be honest
This.

I am having CRAZY bad luck with RNG this expac and I've had it up to here with it. So many pets that I still don't have (Knockoff Blingtron, Albino Buzzard, Hateful Eye to name a couple) that I try daily to get but nothing, nothing, nothing drops.

More drop pets would be the death of me. :lol:
Me too. I have yet to get a rng drop. All of mine have been bought, gifted, or dropped to someone else in group and traded. It is getting to the point of me going, meh why bother. I should just focus on doing other stuff and wait for it to go on sale on the AH or become trivial to farm in another expansion. Why I am working on the pvp pet. It is guaranteed.

Mehetabel
Top Rater
Pet Score:13557
Realm:Lightbringer-eu

Post by Mehetabel » May 12th, 2017, 7:46 am

Milotha wrote:Why I am working on the pvp pet. It is guaranteed.
This is the thing. I will do any amount of hard work and grinding if I know there is definitely a pet for me at the end of it. PvP. No probs. Leveling alts? Bring it on. Long pet dungeon with bad RNG. No thanks.
Come join us in the WarcraftPets In-Game Community (EU)! Request invite here: https://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=18420

Uduwudu
Pet Score:11571
Realm:Draka-us

Post by Uduwudu » May 12th, 2017, 8:06 am

Hi,

I'm not sure that Pets is a serious part of their game, and with a development crew to keep on adding to it and defining it and re-defining it. I keep thinking, based on the abilities of most pets that almost all of it is just an addon, that for many folks at Blizzard is a total pain, and having added a "dungeon", which I predicted was another crapper with no worthwhile pets to give, and even worse results given the time element and effort, is not helping and will likely make things worse for the next level, when more fights, and no results or pets are given ... ohhh, excuse me ... you will gain 15 more Pet Bandages for each fight!

All in all, I find myself rather ... disappointed, with the ability to increase the number of my pets, all of which are 25 and Rare, and I'm lucky to be able to get one pet per week now, and can't even use the Battlemaster stones, and I'm not even doing any Pet Battles for Pet Charms ... since I am not using them! I look at the list of the 11 folks above me on Draka, and they have a substantially larger number of pets, and the majority of them, are not available in the world at all ... a few ... but their drops are in hell ... have you tried the Gundrak No-Show? ... for a pet that has lousy abilities and is not even that important in a list of used pets? That's a drop ... something like 1 out of a 1000 ... it's almost worse than getting an Epic piece from one of the sisters in EQ, when it took over 3 months of camping to get it! That can only mean that the folks involved do not want you wasting time on Pets, and want you involved in Legion ... making sure that a lousy/cheap programmer lies to the folks on an email and states how succeesful the flying process is ... instead of admitting that they wanted folks to play for it, not buy it, which would have been a true'r evaluation of the whole thing.

All in all, the dishonesty about it, is starting to turn me off, and I already find that I'm looking for my way out already, in slow motion. I looked at my 6 characters on one account, and between them, they average something like 835, and pretty soon, they will say it was all easy peasy apple pie and not a worthy effort ... that they want so the game keeps on collecting monthly dues ... !!!

I'm not surprised about the new pets not showing up, and I think that the issue is ... how are these pets going to change or improve, and I doubt that they can make their minds up ... making a stronger pet, means that half of the Battlemaster battles and series will become trivial and like you running around naked in a Level 60 dungeon ... it's still fun and it will only take you 6 minutes! Maybe 10.

This is an important decision, and thus any new pets will likely have the same level of abilities as any other, and no new bombs away pets that will EVER enter the Top 20 at Warcraft Pets ... and I can't help thinking (Warlock cap on!) that they will continue to make sure that no new pet will EVER appear in that list!

Just a bunch of random thoughts ... sorry about the jello-ranting!

Darkchyld
Pet Score:13668
BattleTag®:Darkchyld#1345
Realm:Tichondrius-us

Post by Darkchyld » June 6th, 2017, 3:29 pm

Well, they added a raid pet to the newest 7.2.5 PTR patch. Micronax a mini-Sentinax. The wowdb link has it named Elayna which is tied to the achievement "Glory of the Tomb Raider".

http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/6670-Patch-7-2-5-PTR-Build-24271
Last edited by Darkchyld on June 6th, 2017, 8:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Killerkarl
Pet Score:13815
Realm:Sen'jin-us

Post by Killerkarl » June 6th, 2017, 6:14 pm

Sad to see they are tying a pet to a Glory of achievement. Probably will not be able to solo it a couple of expansions down the road either due to mechanics.

Shashos
Pet Score:13727
Realm:Doomhammer-us

Post by Shashos » June 6th, 2017, 7:47 pm

Killerkarl wrote:Sad to see they are tying a pet to a Glory of achievement. Probably will not be able to solo it a couple of expansions down the road either due to mechanics.
Makes me sad as well. Trying to once again "encourage" people to get into raiding. It won't encourage me as I don't have the skillset needed to do so. Just means another pet on the no-go list.

Angelcat2887
Pet Score:11102
BattleTag®:Angel2887#2347
Realm:Draenor-eu

Post by Angelcat2887 » June 7th, 2017, 11:01 am

The RNG of some pet drops is just madening. i liked the way they did the dream whelpling, you finish the raid, you can then go and catch a pet if you want too. No more getting mad that someone who hates pets got the drop and will be listing it on the AH rather than giving it to someone who cares about it.

the RWL was an ok idea, and got many of us running the old raids (the transmogs were a bonus too) but im hoping the pet dungons will be better, i dont mind earning coins for a pet, thats a good idea and will give people real goals, but please can they give the RNG a rest for a bit. :roll:

Badpathing
MVP
Pet Score:12840

Post by Badpathing » June 7th, 2017, 11:46 am

The meta-achieve pet is great!

I really don't get all the negativity about RNG and pets in general I see around here. Pets are more in the lime light than they have ever been. Tying them into PvP, Order halls and current raid content just means they are always considered and are growing in depth (content wise).

I know a lot of people are unhappy with the devs, but I think that's because the direction the devs take it is not in the world view of the complainer. The truth is, pets are very much being fed and watered by devs and continue to grow content wise. Makes me feel great to embrace the change and challenges as new pets keep rolling in.

Quintessence
Site Admin

Post by Quintessence » June 7th, 2017, 12:43 pm

Killerkarl wrote:Sad to see they are tying a pet to a Glory of achievement.
Just wanted to note that it's still not 100% clear that Glory of the Tomb Raider will award the pet directly. The achievement on the PTR lists a title as a reward, not a pet. However, the Pet Journal does list Micronax as from the achievement.

So one is either wrong or there's missing information. It's also possible that it's placeholder information and the pet isn't tied to the achievement at all.

Another possibility is that the pet is similar to the MoP and WoD Challenge Mode dungeon pets -- complete Glory as a guild and unlock the pet on the guild vendor. That could explain how both the title and the pet are the rewards for one achievement.

For now, we'll have to wait and see what happens with Glory of the Tomb Raider and if a pet is really tied to it.

Drudatz
Top Rater
Pet Score:10205
Realm:Kul Tiras-eu

Post by Drudatz » June 7th, 2017, 2:18 pm

Quintessence wrote:
Just wanted to note that it's still not 100% clear that Glory of the Tomb Raider will award the pet directly.
I hope its not!

Now with pet battle dungeons being a thing there is no need (execpt raiding with lashes) to tie a pet to riads anymore!

Badpathing
MVP
Pet Score:12840

Post by Badpathing » June 7th, 2017, 3:09 pm

Drudatz wrote:
Quintessence wrote:
Just wanted to note that it's still not 100% clear that Glory of the Tomb Raider will award the pet directly.
I hope its not!

Now with pet battle dungeons being a thing there is no need (execpt raiding with lashes) to tie a pet to riads anymore!
Pretty sure the pet is a reward for the achieve.

Q&A today implied as much.

Quintessence
Site Admin

Post by Quintessence » June 7th, 2017, 5:28 pm

Badpathing wrote:Pretty sure the pet is a reward for the achieve.

Q&A today implied as much.
From the 7.2.5 Developer Q&A:
Q: What are "Armaments of the Legion" - reward from Glory of the Tomb Raider?

A: This plan has changed - it's a new reward now. This was Weapon appearances for transmog. We didn't want to do a mount this time because we just unlocked Class Mounts yesterday! We went back on this decision because not every weapon appearance was ready (no daggers or fists, for example). This has been replaced with a title, %s, the Tomb Raider. Those weapon mogs are available elsewhere - they are currently available through Legion Assaults (the bosses drop them).
Listening to this part of the stream, he does state "along with maybe some other stuff as well" (in addition to the title), so it's possible a pet is associated with the achievement.

Unfortunately this doesn't clarify just how the pet is/could be tied to Glory. Could be just a simple 'you complete it, you get the pet' or it could be more like the Challenge Mode pets that are purchasable from the vendor.

We'll have to wait and see.