Graves requirements changed/lowered

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Dalrint
Pet Score:9471
Realm:Khaz Modan-us
Graves requirements changed/lowered

Post by Dalrint » April 25th, 2017, 8:56 pm

If you've been playing any hots trying to get this pet, with the new changes today to the game they seem to have lowered the requirements. I was only level 15 before the patch, but when I logged in today, I was given graves!

So it might be worth it to check.

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13928
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Re: Graves requirements changed/lowered

Post by Quintessence » April 25th, 2017, 10:36 pm

Thanks for the heads up.

If anyone has any information on the specific Heroes of the Storm level required for Graves, please let us know!

Edit: What is your new level in Heroes, if I might ask? Is it 20+? The requirement for Graves may not have changed (might still be level 20), however there's a new level calculation which may make it seem easier to achieve.
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Moused
Pet Score:13160
Realm:Cairne-us

Post by Moused » April 26th, 2017, 3:31 am

Dalrint wrote:If you've been playing any hots trying to get this pet, with the new changes today to the game they seem to have lowered the requirements. I was only level 15 before the patch, but when I logged in today, I was given graves!

So it might be worth it to check.
Yep same for me just now....my HoTs was only level 15 if last time I played it...logged in and it was advanced too level 23 and Graves was awarded to me.

Paladance
Pet Score:12412
Realm:Burning Legion-eu

Post by Paladance » April 26th, 2017, 5:39 am

I've seen a tip that your level is now based on your characters' ones so I can understand that most of the time it results in some levels up and a certain amount of chests. :mrgreen:

The level was 7 or 8 before the upgrade, after logging in it was 11. One match more and it's 12!

No, no, no, no, Suramar questline first. Watch over me! :lol: (absolutely no puns intended)

I have compiled community knowledge & data about pet battle abilities!
https://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19507

Sinamor
Pet Score:9041
Realm:Moonglade-eu

Post by Sinamor » April 26th, 2017, 10:56 am

Slow that I am, I didn't start grinding HotS until fairly recently for this pet (around the time we were teased with the WoW mount). I was player level 18 before HotS 2.0. When I logged in this morning, the game informed me that player progression combined player level with hero level. Boom: player level 38 and Graves unlocked. No more HotS!

I don't have any specifics on which level Graves is awarded in HotS 2.0, though. It might still be level 20? But I would guess that reaching level 20 is MUCH easier now.

Uduwudu
Pet Score:11571
Realm:Draka-us

Post by Uduwudu » April 26th, 2017, 10:54 pm

Hi,

so weird ... I had this on my 2nd machine, and just removed it yesterday for the waste of space ... and lack of use.

Weird!

Digem
MVP
Pet Score:13800
Realm:Fizzcrank-us

Post by Digem » April 27th, 2017, 7:37 am

Seems they changed a players level in the hots. I logged in to get the free toons and now am level 63. Seems it adds up the level of all the toons you have played in the game to get ones new level. So it does make getting graves much easier

Gilneas
Top Rater
Pet Score:10095
Realm:Kargath-us

Post by Gilneas » April 29th, 2017, 5:43 pm

Digem wrote:Seems they changed a players level in the hots. I logged in to get the free toons and now am level 63. Seems it adds up the level of all the toons you have played in the game to get ones new level. So it does make getting graves much easier
Basically. Your account level is now the total levels you have earned across all heroes (that is, all your levels added together except for level 1). Makes it pretty easy to get, despite the low levels taking slightly more XP each as compared to before the 2.0 patch.

Jesjbrown
MVP
Pet Score:4219
Realm:Garona-us

Post by Jesjbrown » April 30th, 2017, 8:43 pm

Be sure and log into HoTS during this 2.0 launch event. You get 20 heroes free so if you really want a short cut, you can just level each of them to level 2.

Pretty happy about it all. I like HoTS, but not enough to have done the original grind. Got Graves as soon as I logged in because I'd been chipping away at it.

Paladance
Pet Score:12412
Realm:Burning Legion-eu

Post by Paladance » May 1st, 2017, 5:03 am

I guess that now a certain person will urge the authorities to kill me for a treason… :oops: ;)

I've played both alone and with others against SI, with absolutely no rush, observing abilities and quirks of various characters as they could gain a level. It doesn't take very much as long as you know custom objectives. Not sure how without a stimpack but now it takes one or two matches to level a character to 2 or 3, especially if you group up.
Also, I can't get rid of a feeling that each time a new player is invited to party, the game loads Hanamura. :lol:

These loot chests tho… Is there a way to skip clicking? (For some wondering, I've seen one drop a duplicate piece.)

I have compiled community knowledge & data about pet battle abilities!
https://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19507