DK battle pet questions!

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Digem
MVP
Pet Score:13800
Realm:Fizzcrank-us
Re: DK battle pet questions!

Post by Digem » April 24th, 2017, 10:28 am

If you level a DK to 110 and do the research dks have a talent that allows them to complete one non elite WQ a day.
If you choose one on the broken shore and also do the pet daily on the broken shore you get a decent amount of rep with the broken shore faction without doing much work. If you get lucky and one of the non elite WQ's on the broken shore gives AP one also gets some AP too. Not the quickest but a pretty easy way to get rep and AP on an alt without having to do much more than 5 to 10 minutes of work a day

Darkchyld
Pet Score:13808
BattleTag®:Darkchyld#1345
Realm:Tichondrius-us

Post by Darkchyld » April 24th, 2017, 12:40 pm

World Quest Group Finder (WQGF) addon is really good for getting the WQ done quickly and easily. I also used it to level up through invasions when they are up which usually nets close to a level. Got my Monk to level 110 and working on DK who is 102 now.

Noel
Pet Score:13092
Realm:Kel'Thuzad-us

Post by Noel » April 25th, 2017, 12:41 pm

For those creating a DK; what I did was make one on horde side to pvp to prestige 7...got about 100 days left to go before I get there. So its worth playing it while waiting for AK.

So I'm collecting AP and have 38 or so traits not bad considering I don't do anything else on the toon. When I hit prestige 7 and get the pet, I'll stop playing the toon and wait until AK 50, then I'll unlock everything I can.

I'll be sure to do the quest chain on Broken Shore, haven't done any world quests but will do so if required at AK 50.

Compared to the pvp grind (which has been A GRIND!) this new stuff is bearable. I also levelled a monk and have her parked until AK 50 on main.

Legion: The Wait Continues....

Drudatz
Top Rater
Pet Score:10205
Realm:Kul Tiras-eu

Post by Drudatz » April 25th, 2017, 3:40 pm

Quintessence wrote:I can't remember if you need to have completed the AK and empowered quest lines from the Broken Shore, but I don't have it written down in my notes, so I don't think so.
Nope got my Crackers yesterday you dont need them so the rogue one is easiest to get.

Darkchyld
Pet Score:13808
BattleTag®:Darkchyld#1345
Realm:Tichondrius-us

Post by Darkchyld » April 26th, 2017, 10:10 am

Noel wrote:For those creating a DK; what I did was make one on horde side to pvp to prestige 7...got about 100 days left to go before I get there. So its worth playing it while waiting for AK.

So I'm collecting AP and have 38 or so traits not bad considering I don't do anything else on the toon. When I hit prestige 7 and get the pet, I'll stop playing the toon and wait until AK 50, then I'll unlock everything I can.

I'll be sure to do the quest chain on Broken Shore, haven't done any world quests but will do so if required at AK 50.

Compared to the pvp grind (which has been A GRIND!) this new stuff is bearable. I also levelled a monk and have her parked until AK 50 on main.

Legion: The Wait Continues....
Make sure you're doing the Broken Isle WQs for rep as the vendor requires exalted with Armies of Legionfall.

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13928
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Quintessence » April 27th, 2017, 1:33 pm

RE: Exalted with Legionfall requirement to access class mount quest -- this requirement has been removed!

Game Director Ion Hazzikostas just revealed on the Dev Q&A that they removed that requirement.

http://www.wowhead.com/news=263131/live-developer-q-a-for-april-27th
Q: Will the exalted requirement for class mounts be account wide?
A: No, it will not be account wide. But...that requirement has been removed! We did want people to have flying before the mount but now we see with how pacing has worked out that that is not a worry. So no, you do not need exalted for class mounts. Just completing the Legionfall campaign and the finale of that for your class = unlocked class mount.
So here's the revised process (without reputation requirement):
  • 1. Reach level 110.
    2. Complete class campaign to unlock third relic slot. (necessary to complete a quest in step 6)
    3. Unlock and complete Broken Shore quests.
    4. Upgrade Artifact Knowledge. (requires AK 25)
    5. Empower weapon(s). (requires step 4 + weapon level 34 to start the quest, and weapon level 35 to complete)
    6. Complete the ongoing Broken Shore campaign. (estimated 11 weeks from 7.2 launch)
    7. Complete the class mount quest(s) to unlock the pets on the vendor. (requires step 6)
    8. Level weapon(s) to 52.
    9. Buy desired pet(s). (costs 1k Order Resources each)
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Hearte
MVP
Pet Score:13928
Realm:Sargeras-us

Post by Hearte » April 27th, 2017, 10:20 pm

This is GREAT news!!! I've been logging onto my monk and DK almost daily to do the Broken Shore WQs for rep, but now I'll just sit on them until I can send them the final AK research tomes.

Mehetabel
Top Rater
Pet Score:13661
Realm:Lightbringer-eu

Post by Mehetabel » April 29th, 2017, 11:21 am

That really IS good news! I didn't mind having to do the rep on my Monk and DK but if I don't it saves time, time that can be spent grinding other pets! :D

Finnelis
Pet Score:9316
Realm:Kirin Tor-eu

Post by Finnelis » May 2nd, 2017, 9:33 am

Mehetabel wrote:That really IS good news!
I just learned today and I can't stress that enough :).

I feel like this change should be more publicized. It certainly motivated me to do the 'Sentinax marks' part of the quest chain on all my alts while it's still convenient to do so. And it's a relief to know I won't have to farm that rep on my Monk and Dk, I certainly wasn't looking forward to that.

Now the big question for me is : should I spend the resources to raise AK on my alts as time goes along or just wait for the AK45 tome? I wonder.

Mirith
Pet Score:11678
Realm:Stormrage-us

Post by Mirith » May 2nd, 2017, 12:48 pm

Finnelis wrote:
Mehetabel wrote:That really IS good news!
I just learned today and I can't stress that enough :).

I feel like this change should be more publicized. It certainly motivated me to do the 'Sentinax marks' part of the quest chain on all my alts while it's still convenient to do so. And it's a relief to know I won't have to farm that rep on my Monk and Dk, I certainly wasn't looking forward to that.

Now the big question for me is : should I spend the resources to raise AK on my alts as time goes along or just wait for the AK45 tome? I wonder.
If you play your alts and want them to advance in AP, then yes? Otherwise, No?
It will be cheaper in order resources not to upgrade them until you can do AK45, but 500 order resources every 5 days isn't that expensive. You also gain the benefit of gaining more and more AP over time. However, given the progression, I feel like most people who are only putting in some effort will still only unlock stuff by the time they hit AK45/50 in a few months.

Personally, I don't like the DK, so I'm just waiting until I can skip most of the content. However, I'm working on my monk, since it is my favorite alt.