DK battle pet questions!

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Sonso
Pet Score:13732
Realm:Exodar-us
DK battle pet questions!

Post by Sonso » March 30th, 2017, 1:00 pm

Now that 7.2 is here what is the smartest way to level the Death Knight artifact weapons? I have two of them at 35 and one at 34. I completed the opening of the Broken Shore. I have 2 researches in the works. Can I save these and use them after my main sends the level 40 book? I would hope so. So should I just get completely leveled with my main and send the book or should I be working on it as I go along? What level do they need to be for the pets again? Do I need to be doing anything else on regular basis to help to get the flying mount class quest?

Thanks for any info and your time. ( I feel dazed and confused!) More pet battle dungeons, please!

Mirith
Pet Score:11678
Realm:Stormrage-us

Re: DK battle pet questions!

Post by Mirith » March 30th, 2017, 1:33 pm

I am very curious about the research level question. I was wondering that myself, but either way, you are waiting 3 months to get your main up to the highest research level first. That being said, they've thought about this in a lot of cases.
However, if you have the toon, you will get it as quickly on your main as your DK (though for less resources). As for the requirements, my understanding is that you need to complete all of the new empowered traits which unlocks "Concordance of the Legionfall" or whatever it is called, and you need the first tier of that. Sum total 2.2Billion AP. I guess the question is, do you want to play your DK at all? If not, then you can probably wait, otherwise it is probably faster to always be leveling it.

Jexxi
Pet Score:11321
Realm:Earthen Ring-us

Post by Jexxi » March 30th, 2017, 3:44 pm

For the past catch-up tomes, they used all of the scrolls you already had when you used them (so the "trick" of queueing research orders to get ahead wouldn't work). Not sure that's going to be the case this time, but that was the wording on the old tomes.

Also worth nothing that you need to finish the class mount quest line to unlock the pets (at least the DK and Monk ones), which requires Exalted with the new faction.

Sonso

Post by Sonso » March 30th, 2017, 4:59 pm

Thanks for the insight. I guess this is no joke for the pets. Weapon x 3 is bad enough and I hadn't even considered that I need the exalted rep. I assumed both Pathfinders on my main would be all it took to open up the class flying mount quest. Guess I should also get started on my Monk. So much to do. Being a collector is certainly not for sissies.

Neolarva
Top Rater
Pet Score:13728
Realm:Les Sentinelles-eu

Post by Neolarva » March 31st, 2017, 9:55 am

From my calculations, it won't be that hard to lvl, you just need 51 points in each weapon. With AK 50 it will take +- 95 hero day bonus alone, for each weapon (so, a few days of wq and it's done)

As Jexxi says, the worst will be to get exalted...

And no, you can't stack research, they consider all research done to be... learned

Mastr
MVP
Pet Score:14000
Realm:Burning Blade-us

Post by Mastr » March 31st, 2017, 12:02 pm

What is your advice for those who don't have DK, rogue or monk as a main?
What is the easiest way to get to the new pets?

Mirith

Post by Mirith » March 31st, 2017, 1:40 pm

Mastr wrote:What is your advice for those who don't have DK, rogue or monk as a main?
Level one?
Not sure there is a "quickest" if you aren't going out and farming AP constantly. Even then I imagine the difference between waiting 120 days (100 days for Main to get to 50 AK + 20 days to get the remaining 5 levels) will take about as long as if you were to work on it some occasionally. DK, probably it will be faster overall once you have AK50ish (Since it takes 3x the AP), but I don't know about the rogue or Monk grind.

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13896
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Quintessence » March 31st, 2017, 1:48 pm

Mastr wrote:What is your advice for those who don't have DK, rogue or monk as a main?
One option is to purchase Tokens with gold and buy a level boost. Use it on your DK, Rogue or Monk alt, and then complete the final 10 levels to max.

After that it's entirely up to you and what you think is "easiest". I would definitely send the alt an AK tome to boost its knowledge, and then complete the AK quest from Broken Shore (only offered if you have AK 25). Just to get that part of the prerequisites out of the way.
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Mehetabel
Top Rater
Pet Score:13557
Realm:Lightbringer-eu

Post by Mehetabel » March 31st, 2017, 1:58 pm

Mirith wrote:
Level one?
Not sure there is a "quickest" if you aren't going out and farming AP constantly. Even then I imagine the difference between waiting 120 days (100 days for Main to get to 50 AK + 20 days to get the remaining 5 levels) will take about as long as if you were to work on it some occasionally. DK, probably it will be faster overall once you have AK50ish (Since it takes 3x the AP), but I don't know about the rogue or Monk grind.
Unfortunately Mirith is right. It's just a case of getting out there and leveling them. I was reasonably lucky in that I keep one of every class leveled most expacs anyway, simply because I'm a completionist, so my rogue, DK and monk were already 100. That said, leveling is the only time I've really played them so I don't know them very well. I used Icy Veins a LOT for guides on talents, rotations, stats etc. Seriously, Icy Veins is my bible when it comes to playing my alts. That way, at least I know I'm using the best talents, abilities and cooldowns and it makes the leveling process MUCH smoother. I also have gathering profs on them all for that little bit extra XP (and I don't mind the cash from selling the mats either!).

For me personally, my plan is to finish leveling the monk and DK and then park them for the 120 days until my main maxes her AK. In that time I plan to carry on grinding the PvP pets on other chars. No time is wasted in my quest to collect ALL the pets! :lol:
Come join us in the WarcraftPets In-Game Community (EU)! Request invite here: https://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=18420

Minet
Top Rater
Pet Score:9371
Realm:Aerie Peak-us

Post by Minet » March 31st, 2017, 2:44 pm

I leveled my DK (from 93) to 110. I used a combination of pet battles and questing and she has done enough of Broken Shore to get to AK26. I sent her a bunch of order resources from my main (via the Blood of Sargeras merchant in Dalaran) so she could get order hall advancement started and run missions. I started doing her AP researches, but I did have second thoughts about it. I am undecided whether to play her enough to keep her in order resources, or just put her on the back burner until my main can buy the AK for her.

In order to get the mount quest, we have to have finished the Death Knight Campaign, right? I do not relish going into instances on a toon that I really don't how to play very well. I basically howling blast until something else lights up and then I hit that. Oh, she's frost, btw.

Sonso

Post by Sonso » April 1st, 2017, 7:06 pm

Since there aren't many quests for Broken Shore I figure I'll take the DK and Monk through them as much as possible so I am building rep from the get go. Also I notice there are missions for the new rep. I'm hoping this next week with the Legion invasions starting that will have some rep. too.

I think I'm developing split personality problems. Not sure who my main is any more.

Mehetabel
Top Rater

Post by Mehetabel » April 2nd, 2017, 6:22 am

Sonso wrote:I think I'm developing split personality problems. Not sure who my main is any more.
I know EXACTLY what you mean! :shock: :roll:
Come join us in the WarcraftPets In-Game Community (EU)! Request invite here: https://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=18420

Noel
Pet Score:13092
Realm:Kel'Thuzad-us

Post by Noel » April 3rd, 2017, 12:01 pm

Look at it this way:

From AK 25 to AK 50 doing one quest is the same as doing 2208 quests...(woah!)

So waiting until your main is 50, buying the 45 scroll and then waiting another 25 days for a total of 145 days is STILL going to be so much faster because of that AK multiplier.

Its really a no brainer; even on your main doing almost nothing until AK 50 is worthwhile (kind of a conundrum isn't it?!?).

An emissary quest is going to get 220M AP...which means about 10 days of emmisaries to "finish" each spec.

Mirith

Post by Mirith » April 3rd, 2017, 3:35 pm

Noel wrote:Look at it this way:

From AK 25 to AK 50 doing one quest is the same as doing 2208 quests...(woah!)

So waiting until your main is 50, buying the 45 scroll and then waiting another 25 days for a total of 145 days is STILL going to be so much faster because of that AK multiplier.

Its really a no brainer; even on your main doing almost nothing until AK 50 is worthwhile (kind of a conundrum isn't it?!?).

An emissary quest is going to get 220M AP...which means about 10 days of emmisaries to "finish" each spec.
Really depends on your goals. I doubt waiting 145 days THEN doing everything (or almost everything) is going to take less time passed, but might take less time played. I'm guessing that given the current rate of things, you could probably get a level on your artifact every week up to the last talent you need. However, that will involve some effort on your part. If you enjoy the character, play it, if you don't, wait 4 months. There really isn't much useful max/min'ing you can do.

Edit: Though with DK, waiting until AK50 might not be a bad idea, since you need to do it 3 times.

Mastr
MVP

Post by Mastr » April 20th, 2017, 10:24 pm

So it sounds like once I get to level 50 I can buy a scroll that immediately levels an alt to 45? I missed that in the notes Iv'e read.

Then I just need to level that alt from 45 to 50?

Then what?

Sorry, this isn't clear to me. I love playing my main and hate playing melee so any way I can lessen actual playing time with DK, monk or rogue while still getting the pets is a plus.

Quintessence
Site Admin

Post by Quintessence » April 20th, 2017, 10:44 pm

Mastr wrote:So it sounds like once I get to level 50 I can buy a scroll that immediately levels an alt to 45? I missed that in the notes Iv'e read.

Then I just need to level that alt from 45 to 50?

Then what?

Sorry, this isn't clear to me. I love playing my main and hate playing melee so any way I can lessen actual playing time with DK, monk or rogue while still getting the pets is a plus.
Here's how I see the main process:
  • 1. Reach level 110.
    2. Unlock and complete Broken Shore quests.
    3. Upgrade Artifact Knowledge. (requires AK 25)
    4. Empower weapon(s). (requires step 3 + weapon level 34 to start the quest, and weapon level 35 to complete)
    5. Earn Exalted with Armies of Legionfall and complete the ongoing Broken Shore campaign.
    6. Complete the class mount quest(s) to unlock the pets on the vendor. (requires step 5)
    7. Level weapon(s) to 52.
    8. Buy desired pet(s). (costs 1k Order Resources each)
Edit: Process changed slightly, exalted requirement removed. See this [url=https://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=16817&start=20#p134557]updated process list[/url].

You can accomplish step 7 in various number of ways. Here's one way (assuming you've completed steps 1 through 4 already):
  • Reach AK 50 on main toon.
  • Purchase AK 45 Tome and send it to alt.
  • Learn AK 45 Tome on alt, and the continue queue AK work orders until 50.
  • Reach AK 50 and then send out followers on AP missions.
  • Log in now and then to collect and learn AP, and do so until desired weapon is level 52. (DKs need to max all 3 weapons, Monks only need to level one weapon)
There's really no shortcut around the 11 week Broken Shore campaign, but the quests aren't too involved. (We're week 4 into the campaign, I believe?)

Earning Exalted with Legionfall will take more work. Once you reach Exalted on your main, you can always send the reputation tokens earned from follower missions to your alt. (Note that there IS a pet that has a chance to drop from the Legionfall Paragon reward cache, so you might want to keep those for your main.... :? )
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Mehetabel
Top Rater

Post by Mehetabel » April 21st, 2017, 3:19 am

Best and clearest explanation I've seen yet, thanks Quintessence! :D

I keep forgetting about the rep part of it. I'm thinking that doing the daily Broken Shore WQ's whilst waiting for the AK 45 tome is probably the best way forward. I won't spend hours every day on my monk and DK but they will slowly be gaining rep and a bit of AP.

Mastr
MVP

Post by Mastr » April 23rd, 2017, 9:30 pm

Thanks Quintessence!
How is the above process different for the Rogue pet?
People in game already have Crackers.

Quintessence
Site Admin

Post by Quintessence » April 23rd, 2017, 9:47 pm

Mastr wrote:How is the above process different for the Rogue pet?
People in game already have Crackers.
Crackers doesn't involve intense AP grinding.

Rogue requirements for Crackers:
  • 1. Reach level 110.
    2. Complete Rogue campaign to unlock third artifact relic slot.
    3. Unlock and complete Broken Shore quests.
    4. Begin the Champions of Legionfall quest chain. (breadcrumb starts at Deliverance Point)
    5. Crackers will be the reward a few quests into the quest chain. (quest: Fit For a Pirate)
I can't remember if you need to have completed the AK and empowered quest lines from the Broken Shore, but I don't have it written down in my notes, so I don't think so.

Darkchyld
Pet Score:13668
BattleTag®:Darkchyld#1345
Realm:Tichondrius-us

Post by Darkchyld » April 24th, 2017, 12:40 am

Crackers was gated by the new champions questline which was unlocked 2 weeks ago.