SCRAPS

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Minivivi
MVP
Pet Score:12541
Realm:Medivh-us
SCRAPS

Post by Minivivi » April 12th, 2017, 10:42 am

I finished the quest this morning. After opening many, many chests Scraps finally dropped. http://www.wowhead.com/item=146953/scraps#comments

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13896
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Re: SCRAPS

Post by Quintessence » April 12th, 2017, 11:31 am

I'm just about to head out and gamble away all my Nethershards to try for [pet]Scraps[/pet] too.

Good news is that there only appears to be one breed for Scraps. So unless you're in need of 3, only really need to get one drop. ^^;

GL to everyone trying for this pet! May RNG be kind :)
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Darkchyld
Pet Score:13668
BattleTag®:Darkchyld#1345
Realm:Tichondrius-us

Post by Darkchyld » April 12th, 2017, 1:19 pm

I did "We're treasure hunters" yesterday, any idea when the last quest will pop? It's not up for me today, but I had an off day before "We're treasure hunters".

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13896
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Quintessence » April 12th, 2017, 2:12 pm

Darkchyld wrote:I did "We're treasure hunters" yesterday, any idea when the last quest will pop? It's not up for me today, but I had an off day before "We're treasure hunters".
The last quest that allowed me to access the vendor, keys, and chests popped up the day after I completed [url=http://www.wowhead.com/quest=46511/were-treasure-hunters]We're Treasure Hunters[/url].

Be sure to zoom in on the Broken Shore map as there's also a Pet Battle WQ right there that might be obscuring the quest marker.
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Minivivi
MVP
Pet Score:12541
Realm:Medivh-us

Post by Minivivi » April 12th, 2017, 3:30 pm

Quintessence wrote:
Darkchyld wrote:I did "We're treasure hunters" yesterday, any idea when the last quest will pop? It's not up for me today, but I had an off day before "We're treasure hunters".
The last quest that allowed me to access the vendor, keys, and chests popped up the day after I completed [url=http://www.wowhead.com/quest=46511/were-treasure-hunters]We're Treasure Hunters[/url].

Be sure to zoom in on the Broken Shore map as there's also a Pet Battle WQ right there that might be obscuring the quest marker.
I could not see the quest until I entered the area for the World Quest. It was hidden on the map under the World Quest icon as Quintessence noted.

Hearte
MVP
Pet Score:13912
Realm:Sargeras-us

Post by Hearte » April 12th, 2017, 7:32 pm

2000 Nethershards is a pretty hefty price tag for these, but if you take your alts through the quest chain, that's 2 nearly free keys per character.

Sharna
Pet Score:12185
Realm:Quel'Thalas-eu

Post by Sharna » April 12th, 2017, 11:34 pm

I got mine today... from the very first chest I opened. It makes a welcome change from all the times I've had to wait for pets, mounts and toys to drop. :)

Darkchyld
Pet Score:13668
BattleTag®:Darkchyld#1345
Realm:Tichondrius-us

Post by Darkchyld » April 13th, 2017, 12:24 am

Hearte wrote:2000 Nethershards is a pretty hefty price tag for these, but if you take your alts through the quest chain, that's 2 nearly free keys per character.
Yeah, but you earn some back while you play. I had 9k shards ready to use for the pet, ended up buying 2 after the 2 free ones when I got the pet and ended up at 12k shards.

Mirith
Pet Score:11678
Realm:Stormrage-us

Post by Mirith » April 13th, 2017, 9:15 am

Darkchyld wrote:
Hearte wrote:2000 Nethershards is a pretty hefty price tag for these, but if you take your alts through the quest chain, that's 2 nearly free keys per character.
Yeah, but you earn some back while you play. I had 9k shards ready to use for the pet, ended up buying 2 after the 2 free ones when I got the pet and ended up at 12k shards.
The chests I opened ranged from 1 to 2K in terms of shards. I think they will always have some shards. I had good luck initially but then it started going down hill.

Milotha
Top Rater
Pet Score:5471
BattleTag®:milotha#1158
Realm:Silver Hand-us

Post by Milotha » April 14th, 2017, 4:12 am

I spent about 34k in shards, and didn't get him, but then again I usually don't get things on the first chest. This is like saying water is wet for me.

Harpooha
MVP
Pet Score:12995
Realm:Aggramar-us

Post by Harpooha » April 14th, 2017, 5:39 am

Went into the cave. Only had a little over 5k shards to start with. Opened several chests. I kept getting just enough shards to keep going back. But like a gambler at the craps table, I was losing more than I was winning. Finally crapped out and had to leave the cave.

Picked up a few shards afterwards and noticed the WQ was still up and it was asking for 100 shards. Went back in, got the key and Scraps dropped off that chest. Sometimes you have to leave the table to change your luck :)

Wish that was Howl instead of Superbark.

Mehetabel
Top Rater
Pet Score:13557
Realm:Lightbringer-eu

Post by Mehetabel » April 14th, 2017, 6:35 am

I've opened about 4 chests so far and no pet yet. :(

I seem to be having awful luck with RNG pets this expac . . . :roll:
Come join us in the WarcraftPets In-Game Community (EU)! Request invite here: https://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=18420

Peanutty
Pet Score:9635
Realm:Kil'jaeden-us

Post by Peanutty » April 14th, 2017, 1:25 pm

At least Scraps is tradeable, so if you really don't want to blow through all your shards (I'm saving them for other things) at least you can buy one off someone else.

I didn't know it was available yet until one showed up in my mail. :)

Dalandius
Pet Score:13133
Realm:Earthen Ring-us

Post by Dalandius » April 16th, 2017, 9:10 am

If you are short on shards (or want to spend them on something else) you can go back each day and get a key for 100 shards. It shows up like the world quests do.
Not sure if it comes up everyday or more than once a day, but it as the two days I have looked.

Mehetabel
Top Rater
Pet Score:13557
Realm:Lightbringer-eu

Post by Mehetabel » April 16th, 2017, 1:26 pm

Grabbed one for 6k on the AH. I'm not a patient person! :lol: :lol:
Come join us in the WarcraftPets In-Game Community (EU)! Request invite here: https://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=18420

Milotha
Top Rater
Pet Score:5471
BattleTag®:milotha#1158
Realm:Silver Hand-us

Post by Milotha » April 16th, 2017, 1:48 pm

Mehetabel wrote:Grabbed one for 6k on the AH. I'm not a patient person! :lol: :lol:
Same here. Small enough amount of gold, and it ended the endless no scraps for you chests.

Ganksinatra
Top Rater
Pet Score:7785
Realm:Alterac Mountains-us

Post by Ganksinatra » April 16th, 2017, 4:50 pm

Got for 5k on the AH today, certainly better than burning through all my shards.