Pet Score Calculation

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Ranok
MVP
Pet Score:13640
Realm:Stormrage-us
Pet Score Calculation

Post by Ranok » April 12th, 2017, 4:29 pm

Think I saw a post a few years ago that explains how Pet Score is calculated but can't seem to find it searching.

Specifically wondering if rarity of can't-battle pets figures into it, especially as it's no longer possible to stone those uncommon ones to rare.

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13928
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Re: Pet Score Calculation

Post by Quintessence » April 12th, 2017, 5:12 pm

Here's the link to the Pet Score FAQ: https://www.warcraftpets.com/help/#petscore

As for the pets that cannot battle - By default, all of these pets should be considered rare quality by WarcraftPets, regardless if you've used an upgrade battlestone on them or not. This puts everyone that's collected them on equal footing.
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Ranok
MVP

Post by Ranok » April 12th, 2017, 8:50 pm

Thanks for the link and explanation about can't-battle pets.

Reason I was wondering, I have level 25 Rares of at least one of all my battleable pets but came across another player with 3 fewer unique pets but Pet Score only 10 less than mine. Assume it's some glitch with Armory; it's having other problems these days.

Mirith
Pet Score:11678

Post by Mirith » April 13th, 2017, 9:18 am

Ranok wrote:Thanks for the link and explanation about can't-battle pets.

Reason I was wondering, I have level 25 Rares of at least one of all my battleable pets but came across another player with 3 fewer unique pets but Pet Score only 10 less than mine. Assume it's some glitch with Armory; it's having other problems these days.
You can compare your collection with them and see if you can see the differences that way.

Dalandius
Pet Score:13306
Realm:Earthen Ring-us

Post by Dalandius » April 13th, 2017, 3:08 pm

Remember while can not battle pets are considered rare they are also considered to be level 1, works out to 1 point less per none battle pet vs a level 25 pet. So someone can have the same number of pets as someone else but if one has more no battle pets than the other they can will have a lower score.

Ranok
MVP

Post by Ranok » April 13th, 2017, 6:04 pm

Dalandius wrote:Remember while can not battle pets are considered rare they are also considered to be level 1, works out to 1 point less per none battle pet vs a level 25 pet. So someone can have the same number of pets as someone else but if one has more no battle pets than the other they can will have a lower score.
Ah, that's probably it. Thanks.