Alternate Skins for Wailing Cavern Pets

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Dreamshadow
Pet Score:5
Alternate Skins for Wailing Cavern Pets

Post by Dreamshadow » April 11th, 2017, 9:44 am

As is shown on our pages, Wailing Cavern pets have alternate skins.
They may have various colors.
[pet]Young Venomfang[/pet] has TWO skins and [pet]Cavern Moccasin[/pet] has FOUR different skins.

Fortune smiled on me, I got Young Venomfang and Cavern Moccasin in the last week.
I've tried to summon/dismiss them for numerous times.

At first, both of them are able to change their skins randomly, just like many other Leashes pets(e.g. red and black skins for [pet]Sister of Temptation[/pet]).

However, Young Venomfang and Cavern Moccasin can not change their skins any more after some hotfixes!
It would be a really annoying change to many collectors...

Any ideas?

Kamira
Top Rater
Pet Score:6196
Realm:Emerald Dream-eu

Re: Alternate Skins for Wailing Cavern Pets

Post by Kamira » April 11th, 2017, 2:13 pm

I lucked out and got both of those pets today in my bag and, as right now, they both change colour for me.

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13896
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Quintessence » April 11th, 2017, 2:35 pm

These two pets were color-changers for me too, when I first added them to my Pet Journal. It appears they've since lost that ability though. I've tried caging and relearning them, but nothing so far. :( :( :(

I've Tweeted at Jeremy Feasel and the official devs' Twitter to inquire about it, but I doubt I'll get any kind of direct response/answer.
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Dreamshadow
Pet Score:5

Post by Dreamshadow » April 21st, 2017, 4:59 am

Quintessence wrote:These two pets were color-changers for me too, when I first added them to my Pet Journal. It appears they've since lost that ability though. I've tried caging and relearning them, but nothing so far. :( :( :(

I've Tweeted at Jeremy Feasel and the official devs' Twitter to inquire about it, but I doubt I'll get any kind of direct response/answer.

Thanks very much for your kind help~

I've found something interesting about Young Venomfang this week.

I got another Young Venomfang from the supply in this new week. When I first added them to my Pet Journal, it was green.
My first Young Venomfang is blue and never be able to change its color now.

When I summon this new pet and it appears to be a color-changer.

I tried /reload for several times, it may even change its color in my Pet Journal. If it is blue in the Journal, it won't change its color; if it is green, it becoms a color-changer.

Today, I find a sad fact, it finally become blue and lost the ability to change colors forever.

IMO, it may be a bug.
In this case, Young Venomfang do have two skins, but we can only get the blue one at last......