Share pet collecting news and advice.
Milotha
Top Rater
Pet Score:5471
BattleTag®:milotha#1158
Realm:Silver Hand-us
Scraps Idiocy

Post by Milotha » April 6th, 2017, 6:17 am

I spent the better part of the past few days running around opening Wyrmtongue Cache's on the Broken Shore while the Mage Tower was up thinking that [pet]scraps[/pet] was in these as a random drop. I kept thinking, no one is going to do the Mage Tower again based on all the whining about how hard the end encounter is.

/facepalm

At least I've been doing the Spiders quest too while I was out there.

Mirith
Pet Score:11678
Realm:Stormrage-us

Re: Scraps Idiocy

Post by Mirith » April 6th, 2017, 9:45 am

Isn't it in the Rep box?

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13896
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Quintessence » April 6th, 2017, 11:12 am

Mirith wrote:Isn't it in the Rep box?
That's the [pet]Orphaned Felbat[/pet] (drops from Legionfall reputation reward box - unsure if it needs to be paragon or not).

[pet]Scraps[/pet] is a random drop from chests that you must purchase keys for (similar to how [pet]Bonkers[/pet] worked on the Timeless Isle). However, to even reach the point where you can purchase keys, you need to completed the (staggered) quest chain. More information can be found in the Notes section on the pet's profile page.

A lot of this information wasn't discovered until the very end of the PTR cycle, and even then it wasn't clarified until we were well into the patch. Apologies for not having more detailed information available sooner.
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Milotha
Top Rater
Pet Score:5471
BattleTag®:milotha#1158
Realm:Silver Hand-us

Post by Milotha » April 6th, 2017, 12:19 pm

Yeah, before the patch released, I saw that Scraps dropped from the Wyrmtongue treasure cache. When I looked these up, they were listed as appearing when the mage tower was built. So, I thought they were one and the same. I didn't realize there was a quest chain that started with the Spiders quest and ended with different Wyrmtongue cache chests.

Mirith
Pet Score:11678
Realm:Stormrage-us

Post by Mirith » April 6th, 2017, 3:22 pm

Quintessence wrote:
Mirith wrote:Isn't it in the Rep box?
That's the [pet]Orphaned Felbat[/pet] (drops from Legionfall reputation reward box - unsure if it needs to be paragon or not).

[pet]Scraps[/pet] is a random drop from chests that you must purchase keys for (similar to how [pet]Bonkers[/pet] worked on the Timeless Isle). However, to even reach the point where you can purchase keys, you need to completed the (staggered) quest chain. More information can be found in the Notes section on the pet's profile page.

A lot of this information wasn't discovered until the very end of the PTR cycle, and even then it wasn't clarified until we were well into the patch. Apologies for not having more detailed information available sooner.
They stealth added in some stuff, I'm not too worried that you missed things.