Gryphon/Wind Rider Plush now 75% off

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Kiella
Pet Score:13796
BattleTag®:Elena#1284
Realm:Zul'jin-us
Gryphon/Wind Rider Plush now 75% off

Post by Kiella » March 31st, 2017, 2:27 pm

Just as an FYI, the Blizz Gear store is currently doing a Spring Clearance and both the Gryphon and Wind Rider Plush (which also award the corresponding in-game companions) are now 75% off (US $6.25).

http://gear.blizzard.com/spring-clearance-2017-seventyfive

A slight warning, however, that if you are in Canada, be prepared to be hit with an additional $30 in customs and shipping, most of which will not appear until Fedex sends you a bill a week after the plush has already arrived.

Simmias
Pet Score:4458
Realm:Frostmourne-us

Re: Gryphon/Wind Rider Plush now 75% off

Post by Simmias » March 31st, 2017, 7:17 pm

if I didnt already have one, I would consider getting the windrider cub, fantastic quality for a plushie!

Maybe I should cave in and get the gryphon...

Harpooha
MVP
Pet Score:12995
Realm:Aggramar-us

Post by Harpooha » April 1st, 2017, 3:51 am

I snapped both of them up. They were on my list of things to do. Looks like the time is right. I'll give the plushies to my brother's kids.

A big fat OUCH to Canada though. My sympathies on that. We need to set up a BMAH for that.

Minet
Top Rater
Pet Score:9371
Realm:Aerie Peak-us

Post by Minet » April 1st, 2017, 9:19 am

Thank you for this tip! I had no idea that is how you get these two pets. I just thought they were no longer available since I didn't see them in the shop. So happy to get the winderider cub and the gryphon hatchling!

Seabreeze
Pet Score:10383
Realm:Suramar-us

Post by Seabreeze » April 1st, 2017, 4:37 pm

Great heads up.Thanks!

Ebil
Pet Score:11957
Realm:Moon Guard-us

Post by Ebil » April 3rd, 2017, 9:54 am

Thanks for the heads up. I was able to pick up the Gryphon pet and a plushie Stitches plus a few surpise gifts.

Mehetabel
Top Rater
Pet Score:13557
Realm:Lightbringer-eu

Post by Mehetabel » April 3rd, 2017, 2:52 pm

I dropped some hints to the BF "just in case he was wondering what to get me for my birthday, even though it's two months away". I already have the gryphon and wind rider but I'd love some of the other plushies. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Last edited by Mehetabel on April 4th, 2017, 5:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Come join us in the WarcraftPets In-Game Community (EU)! Request invite here: https://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=18420

N0083rp00f
Pet Score:12806
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by N0083rp00f » April 3rd, 2017, 5:42 pm

As a Canadian the shipping alone for everything I wanted to get was close to $60.

Add to that Federal and provincial sales taxes, import duties [textiles and books are supposed to be duty free - hah] Brokerage Fees and then the courier's fees for collecting the taxes and fees and then tax on the fees for collecting the taxes and fees.

All together the net would have more than doubled.

I was able to bribe persuade a friend who is literally just the other side of the border to receive it for me.
When I visit them next time I visit I can even declare everything and still be under the duty free limit.

My cost - one very nice dinner with amazing company :mrgreen:

Oh, and those package forwarding people still don't look after duties and taxes up front but do save you on the horrible shipping.

I still wonder why the Blizzard store isnt associated with Amazon or any other company that does cross border trade?

Harpooha
MVP
Pet Score:12995
Realm:Aggramar-us

Post by Harpooha » April 3rd, 2017, 6:21 pm

Mine came in the mail today. Entered in the code and was kind of frustrated when they didn't show up on my mailbox like other store pets.

After searching the forums, I realized they go straight into your stable. Just in case this happens to you too.

Kurasu
Top Rater
Pet Score:10017
BattleTag®:Kurasu#2861
Realm:Emerald Dream-eu

Post by Kurasu » April 5th, 2017, 6:58 am

For those on a European server: does the code work on the EU side? Does anyone know?

I've been wanting to get my hands on these fellows for a long time, but since I play on EU servers, they have eluded me because of the way things work.:/ And considering that I have had people purchase me gift pets, only to find that they don't work because they were bought from the US stores...

Darolyn
Pet Score:5488
BattleTag®:Thaliana#1794
Realm:Kael'thas-us

Post by Darolyn » April 9th, 2017, 2:50 pm

I ordered a metric ton of plushies from this sale. 14 to be exact. It came to $140 Canadian including shipping, which came out to $10 per plushie (got 4 whelps, a set of the in-game ones, six murlocs, a hearthstone pillow, and a frostwolf pup). The first time I ordered the in-game ones, I had to pay an extra $20 in duties when UPS brought it to my front door. Then, in December, I ordered Mischief and the Azure Whelpling, they came in two separate shipments, no duty or customs. Now, FedEx dropped off the package last Tuesday, no extras due or anything. I was expecting it to cost me another 5-12% on the cost of the plushies, but the order was marked "no customs due" so maybe they've fixed the issues that plagued us in the past?

We can only hope.

Now, I have another set of the in-game plushies that I can send to a deserving friend later this year as a surprise. <3
Thaliana#1794 - My WoW account has 50 toons, so I would so greatly appreciate people creating toons on Kael'Thas or Ghostlands to trade with me. <3

Meowtsetung
Pet Score:7363
Realm:Boulderfist-us

Post by Meowtsetung » June 29th, 2019, 7:24 am

Looked at the store and didn't see the two pets anymore. So I looked on ebay etc sites and saw them for $85-$250.

I thought I had purchased them and discovered I had not. The only two pets from the store I did not acquire. I hope they become available to buy again. 15 more pets to hit 1000 unique I am a happy collector.

Crazypants
Top Rater
Pet Score:11592
Realm:Dalaran-us

Post by Crazypants » June 29th, 2019, 4:38 pm

:? Was this really worth necroing?

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13896
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Quintessence » June 29th, 2019, 4:42 pm

Locking this post to avoid confusing anyone -- these 2 plushies are currently NOT 75% off (very old thread).

Feel free to create a new thread discussing these two pets.
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com