Collector Edition/Blizzard Store Pets..

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Notamonk
Pet Score:833
Realm:Firetree-us
Collector Edition/Blizzard Store Pets..

Post by Notamonk » December 24th, 2012, 11:30 am

Is anyone else getting sick of seeing teams with Lil'Rag, Pandaren Monk, and Lil'Kt or one of the other Blizzard store pets?

It's rather frustrating (to me atleast) that 2 of the strongest pets in the game are both bought on the Blizzard Store.. Anyone else feel this way? It feel's great beating them, but when the Pandaren monk followed up with Rag one shot 2 of your 3 pets its rather discouraging and frustrating.

Zaelo
Pet Score:5086
Realm:Vek'nilash-us

Re: Collector Edition/Blizzard Store Pets..

Post by Zaelo » December 24th, 2012, 11:38 am

I understand the frustration, but I've never had any issues taking those down..
They are indeed used quite a lot, I have them myself but don't use them, I really don't feel they are that strong..

I'm more frustrated about pets that come from events in Asia and from old events that are now absolutely impossible for me to get.. at least the store ones I can manage to get $10 if I REALLY want it

Notamonk
Pet Score:833
Realm:Firetree-us

Post by Notamonk » December 24th, 2012, 5:02 pm

Yea it just bugs me that Lil'Rag which is a Blizz store pet is the strongest pet available at this time (highest power available @lvl 25) :(

He hits like a damn truck and paired up with the pandaren monk they basically destroy anything..

Jetstream
Pet Score:2508
Realm:Greymane-us

Post by Jetstream » December 24th, 2012, 7:37 pm

Lil' Ragnaros also has a pretty big weakness: Elemental only. He's got literally nothing but elemental attacks. He's not versatile in any way.

Bistromath
Pet Score:3055
Realm:Stormrage-us

Post by Bistromath » December 24th, 2012, 7:41 pm

I use my Baby Godzilla, Prehistoric Dodo Bird, and Mini Power Ranger to beat those.

LOL

Erian
Pet Score:2435
Realm:Kil'jaeden-eu

Post by Erian » December 24th, 2012, 8:09 pm

Jetstream wrote:Lil' Ragnaros also has a pretty big weakness: Elemental only. He's got literally nothing but elemental attacks. He's not versatile in any way.
Exactly.
Same goes for the monk: Only humanoid attacks - and while he is pretty strong, there are other pets with similar or higher burst.

Jetstream
Pet Score:2508
Realm:Greymane-us

Post by Jetstream » December 25th, 2012, 1:54 am

Erian wrote:
Jetstream wrote:Lil' Ragnaros also has a pretty big weakness: Elemental only. He's got literally nothing but elemental attacks. He's not versatile in any way.
Exactly.
Same goes for the monk: Only humanoid attacks - and while he is pretty strong, there are other pets with similar or higher burst.
What those two are very good at, however, is mowing down AI controlled pets. Farming, grinding, getting bags. I plan to level both of them for those purposes.

Kinda like how I use Toothy to slaughter Cockroaches in Icecrown to power level my lowbies.

Gilneas
Top Rater
Pet Score:10095
Realm:Kargath-us

Post by Gilneas » December 25th, 2012, 4:40 pm

I personally leveled some of those because I find them fun to use. Also, I thought "Hey I spent some money on these, I can get more for my money if I battle with them too!". There are others that are good that I also find fun from other sources, such as wild battles.

Formerruling
Pet Score:6226
Realm:Turalyon-us

Post by Formerruling » December 26th, 2012, 12:34 pm

Don't think any of the mentioned pets are the most powerful. They all have easy counters because the movesets are predictable.

I think you see a lot of them because they are just some of the most popular pets anyway. :\

Palatje
Pet Score:2029
Realm:Kazzak-eu

Post by Palatje » December 27th, 2012, 6:09 am

I'm rather disappointed in how good the CE pets are.
As someone who have all Collector editions available collected I really hoped they would be awesome pets, as they're quite hard to get(especially the vanilla CE).

And that pet store pets are good, well yeah.. marketing much.

How ever, Gotta catch em all eventually right?

Jeykama
Realm:Frostwolf-us

Post by Jeykama » December 27th, 2012, 1:48 pm

I don't know, Lil'Deathwing is one of my main bruisers.