Patch 7.2 Dev Q&A

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13928
Realm:Proudmoore-us
Patch 7.2 Dev Q&A

Post by Quintessence » March 23rd, 2017, 2:26 pm

In case anyone missed today's developer Q&A regarding Patch 7.2, here are the pet/Pet Battle related details.

You can find the Q&A VoD and transcripts either on [url=http://www.wowhead.com/news=261543/liveblog-of-the-7-2-content-q-a-with-ryan-shwayder]Wowhead[/url] or [url=http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/6469-Developer-Q-A-Ryan-Shwayder-Patch-7-2-Content]MMO-Champion[/url].
  • Unlocking class mounts (and therefore DK/Monk class pets) in Patch 7.2 will take 11 weeks (of campaign), plus exalted w/Armies of Legionfall.
  • Earliest for flying is ~2 weeks into 7.2. (Pathfinder 2 is required for class mount quest)
  • Not all classes will have class pets (that match their mount and/or in general...?)
  • Future Pet Battle Dungeon(s) depend on player feedback and participation. If both are positive and high, there will likely be more dungeons in the future.
Patch 7.2 is scheduled for release March 28 (next week)!
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Mirith
Pet Score:11678
Realm:Stormrage-us

Re: Patch 7.2 Dev Q&A

Post by Mirith » March 23rd, 2017, 4:00 pm

Quintessence wrote: [*]Not all classes will have class pets (that match their mount and/or in general...?)
[*]Future Pet Battle Dungeon(s) depend on player feedback and participation. If both are positive and high, there will likely be more dungeons in the future.[/list]
I worry a little about these points. It seemed like the first one the intention was that it wouldn't match their class mounts. This would be okay, but the phrasing was still vague. Also a statement about a lack of parity about class mounts and rewards. Hopefully this just means that your pet won't match your mount for all classes.

As for future pet battle dungeons, I hope they will consider that this initial design might be a bit of a flop (It looks to me like it would get old quickly, since it has less variation than the Tourney), but could still be a good idea with a bit more thought.

Minivivi
MVP
Pet Score:12541
Realm:Medivh-us

Post by Minivivi » March 23rd, 2017, 4:04 pm

I reached 110 on my Horde Rogue Troll, Trollei, last evening. I am going to concentrate on obtaining the two PVP pets and Crackers with her.
Depending on the time involved in 7.2.5 to progress my Warrior, Minivivi, my main, I foresee the Monk pet to be a long time coming. The DK pets? eh. That's a big wait&see for me.

Thanks for the update! March 28? Much sooner than I thought.

Gráinne
Pet Score:13284
Realm:Magtheridon-eu

Post by Gráinne » March 24th, 2017, 6:38 am

I'm pretty sure that "parity" comment was a reference to the devs not aiming to give every class and spec the same pet and mount rewards.

Incidentally, Panser made a video complaining mostly about this on her YouTube channel TradeChat, under a title like Complaints about 7.2.

Milotha
Top Rater
Pet Score:5471
BattleTag®:milotha#1158
Realm:Silver Hand-us

Post by Milotha » March 24th, 2017, 7:37 am

Oh noes. How will I match my pets and mounts. I will just have to get creative. Besides I mainly play my priest and paladin, who don't have pets this expansion so far.

Paladance
Pet Score:12412
Realm:Burning Legion-eu

Post by Paladance » March 24th, 2017, 3:26 pm

I suspected the patch coming soon but after this Tuesday I thought they had scheduled it to April after all (because it hadn't been announced yet).

The length of the mount campaign looks like a tool to ensure the subscription is retained. Usually I merely joke about that, but this time it seems to cross the line, especially if these quests are cyclical and not just gated by resets. (?)

Not like I'm agitated now. Currently I'm burned out by RL stuff and while still playing, I'm not very engaged. Still missing Loremaster of Legion, for example.

I have compiled community knowledge & data about pet battle abilities!
https://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19507