Raring Pets and Molten Corgi and regrets

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Minet
Top Rater
Pet Score:9371
Realm:Aerie Peak-us
Raring Pets and Molten Corgi and regrets

Post by Minet » March 14th, 2017, 2:02 pm

I came to Pet Battling in WoD, which means I never had to fight pets in the wild over and over until I found the rare one I wanted. I have always only needed to find the breed I wanted, then hearth back to my garrison, buy a stone, and voila. This seems like an awesome system to me and I'm glad I never had to find that rare pet in the wild.

On the down side, I was not subbed during the WoW 10 year anniversary, so I have no Molten Corgi, which didn't matter to me at the time (because I was an idiot) and makes me me cry real tears now. Along with that, I regret that I did not buy the Vanilla CE, but I give myself a bit of a break on that. I mean, who knew that all these years later, I would care about a panda?

Are there things you glad you missed? And/or things you wish you had not?

Milotha
Top Rater
Pet Score:5471
BattleTag®:milotha#1158
Realm:Silver Hand-us

Re: Raring Pets and Molten Corgi and regrets

Post by Milotha » March 14th, 2017, 5:30 pm

I remember turning down the vanilla collectors edition the night I bought wow. Now I wish I had that panda. I also missed the polar bear anniversary. I wish there was some way to get these pets.

Dalandius
Pet Score:13133
Realm:Earthen Ring-us

Post by Dalandius » March 14th, 2017, 6:05 pm

All them collector edition pets and Blizcon pets I'll never get. Unless I win big on the lottery that is :lol:

Graven
Pet Score:5307
Realm:Terenas-eu

Post by Graven » March 15th, 2017, 5:21 am

I never got the Vampiric Batling from Karazhan back in TBC. I was unguilded at the time but there were many daily PuG raids on the place which I just couldn't bring myself to join. Still annoyed at myself for that one.

Mehetabel
Top Rater
Pet Score:13557
Realm:Lightbringer-eu

Post by Mehetabel » March 15th, 2017, 9:30 am

I started playing in TBC so missed both the Vanilla and TBC CEs.

I was a pet collector from the start though and it's my favourite hobby so I recently sucked it up and spent a lot of money buying both those CEs. I don't regret it one bit!

My one regret is not buying [pet]Mini Tyrael[/pet] years ago when he wasn't so expensive. I'm not saying I won't buy him at current prices but it's going to hurt a lot more!
Come join us in the WarcraftPets In-Game Community (EU)! Request invite here: https://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=18420

Killerkarl
Pet Score:13815
Realm:Sen'jin-us

Post by Killerkarl » March 15th, 2017, 10:39 am

My biggest regrets are thinking that Blizzard would keep offering Murkimus the Gladiator and Spirit of Competition in the coming years. If I had know at the time they were pulling the plug on them I would have carved out time to acquire them.

Peanutty
Pet Score:9635
Realm:Kil'jaeden-us

Post by Peanutty » March 15th, 2017, 4:05 pm

My only regret is that I started pet battling in the first place. ;) On the plus side, it's made me more gold than it's cost me. And I've gotten to trade with some fantastic folks on here. On the negative side, oh, the many many days of my life wasted slowly slogging through every Yakrat in Townlong Steppes trying to find that perfect rare, brown H/S rat...

I don't regret not getting certain pets when they were available, or not buying old CEs. It is what it is, and I'm satisfied with my collection, which expanded far beyond what I originally ever thought I'd ever be able to achieve.

Cypetcollector
Pet Score:8984
Realm:Twisting Nether-us

Post by Cypetcollector » March 15th, 2017, 9:02 pm

No regrets for pets I missed really. When the servers go offline and WoW is no more I doubt I'll care about it and be glad I didn't waste money to buy ultra rare pets. I enjoy the ones I can get now just playing the game. I only bought the store kitty since the money went to a good cause.

Gwenolyn
MVP
Pet Score:5462
BattleTag®:Gwenolyn#1245
Realm:Aerie Peak-us

Post by Gwenolyn » March 17th, 2017, 4:43 pm

Vampiric Batling: My guild had long finished Kara... wish I had pushed harder for one last run.

Spirit of Competition: Never have done PVP, and didn't even realize the pet was limited time, until it was over.

Uduwudu
Pet Score:11571
Realm:Draka-us

Post by Uduwudu » March 19th, 2017, 2:40 am

None really.

All in all, the only things that I have missed along the way, is all the special events and not getting the pets ... which I can still get and all that ... but it's like ... gotta wait until Mars keels over? Or Capricorn runs over the Sag's?

Oh boy, oh boy!

Taitta
Pet Score:11046
Realm:Blade's Edge-eu

Post by Taitta » March 20th, 2017, 10:29 am

Vampiric Batling from Karazhan from The Burning Crusade. I don't know why since back then I was an avid collector, I just missed it and when I realized that the pet was available for limited time, it was too late.

Noel
Pet Score:13092
Realm:Kel'Thuzad-us

Post by Noel » March 25th, 2017, 12:52 pm

I pre-ordered the Vanilla CE but on the day of launch they "ran out" so I foolishly took the regular version...kick myself every time I look up at my bookshelf and see all the CE's but one...

Vampiric Batling...I didn't realize it was limited; once I did it was too late. I hope they bring it back some halloween, fits the theme and wouldn't hurt anything.

I actually believe every pet should have a way to get it. Perhaps with ridiculous requirements or whatever but for example the Digital Deluxe of every game should be available for anyone; would be a revenue generator and no harm done. Give the money to charity if necessary.

Dalandius
Pet Score:13133
Realm:Earthen Ring-us

Post by Dalandius » March 25th, 2017, 3:43 pm

Noel wrote:I actually believe every pet should have a way to get it. Perhaps with ridiculous requirements or whatever but for example the Digital Deluxe of every game should be available for anyone; would be a revenue generator and no harm done. Give the money to charity if necessary.
I would love this :ugeek:

Fanaticdreamer

Post by Fanaticdreamer » March 30th, 2017, 8:58 pm

My only regret is believing Blizzard when they said don't worry about deleting things as you'll be able to get them back when the new system hits.

Backstory;

Before WoTLK - Blizzard said they were adding the ability to learn companion pets so you could summon them and not clog up your inventory. People asked about quest pets they deleted and Blizzard said oh you'll be able to find them at the Stable master (the option to look for a lost pet or whatever) and me, being a raider at the time, was so greatful because my bank was entirely full and bags were very expensive back then. So I deleted all of my non-combatant pets except 1-2 that I REALLY liked and used constantly.

One of them happened to be the Spirit of Competition pet.

Unfortunately, I lost it permanently and there's no proof that I ever got it (aside from me having PvP achievements at the time for winning BGs >.>) but I did and it's really upsetting that Blizzard won't/can't restore it when I only deleted it because they said I'd be able to get it back.

JEC
Pet Score:5503
Realm:Arthas-us

Post by JEC » March 31st, 2017, 10:57 am

Graven wrote:I never got the Vampiric Batling from Karazhan back in TBC. I was unguilded at the time but there were many daily PuG raids on the place which I just couldn't bring myself to join. Still annoyed at myself for that one.

That is my main regret. I ran Karazhan many times and could have easily gotten it, but was blissfully unaware.

I also hate the fact that I had to buy a Crimson Whelpling from the AH. I must have killed thousand of dragons in the Wetlands back in the day and never had it drop.