Draenor RNG pets?

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Somnomania
Top Rater
Pet Score:4351
Realm:Wyrmrest Accord-us
Draenor RNG pets?

Post by Somnomania » March 11th, 2017, 6:49 am

Are the Nightshade Sproutling and Ore Eater still obtainable? I've been getting herbs and ore in my garrison pretty much daily and I haven't seen one of the mobs appear in months. I asked about it on the WoW forums and got one downvote and no answer. :(

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13928
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Re: Draenor RNG pets?

Post by Quintessence » March 11th, 2017, 9:04 am

The RNG on those two pets was always pretty bad (at least for me).

As far as I know they haven't been removed and should still have a chance to drop.

You could try putting in a ticket to double check that the mobs still have a chance to spawn, and make sure the pets are still on the loot table.
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

FuxieDK
Pet Score:13645
BattleTag®:FuxieDK#2678
Realm:Draenor-eu

Post by FuxieDK » March 11th, 2017, 1:39 pm

I think I looked well over 2000 lots in the Garrison before the herbalism-pet dropped for me.. The ore-pet I bought on AH because I couldn't stomach the farming.

The drop rate was beyond horrible, so while I doubt they are removed, I also doubt they have been buffed...

Somnomania
Top Rater
Pet Score:4351
Realm:Wyrmrest Accord-us

Post by Somnomania » March 12th, 2017, 1:03 pm

Okay, I opened a ticket and actually got a reply pretty promptly. They are in fact still obtainable; the GM who responded said they're pretty attentive to their garrison too and they don't have either pet either. So I guess the RNG has just been super awful to me lately, that I haven't seen the mobs in so long even though I used to reliably get one or the other basically every day. :cry:

Peanutty
Pet Score:9635
Realm:Kil'jaeden-us

Post by Peanutty » March 12th, 2017, 4:45 pm

The RNG on these 2 pets has always been awful and even when it was current content, even with running multiple garrisons I think I only got 1 pet to drop during the entire xpac. I ended up buying and reselling a bunch of them on AH since they were reliable profit makers.

Nagini
Top Rater
Pet Score:9683
Realm:Kael'thas-us

Post by Nagini » March 13th, 2017, 4:43 am

I think the original question was about a change in the RNG of the mob spawn, not the actual droprate of the pet itself (which is awfull. With 15 garrisons running in most of WoD, i still bought mine of the AH). It might simply be perception, since people will be running their garrisons less, and on less toons, but even current content the spawns were highly variable. Some days i'd get one almost every node, it seemed, and others id go weeks without one.
If you are doing your garrison purely for the pet, i'd recommend keeping an eye out on the AH, or maybe posting in tradechat for a bit. Its one of those pets that some non-collectors may have chanced upon without realizing it was worth anything, and forgetting about it in their petlog.

Jazeel
Pet Score:9583
Realm:Saurfang-us

Post by Jazeel » March 14th, 2017, 6:10 am

thruoght warlords with 9 active garrisons i got maybe 6 ore eaters, but never got the herbalism pet, and i was fairly manic about doing the mine and garden every day,the rng is horrible for the shadeling. Most other collectors i converse with had a similar experience, ore eaters defintely more common than shadelings.

Paladance
Pet Score:12412
Realm:Burning Legion-eu

Post by Paladance » March 14th, 2017, 6:24 am

Jazeel wrote:thruoght warlords with 9 active garrisons i got maybe 6 ore eaters, but never got the herbalism pet, and i was fairly manic about doing the mine and garden every day,the rng is horrible for the shadeling. Most other collectors i converse with had a similar experience, ore eaters defintely more common than shadelings.
I don't have as much garrisons but I can second that. 3 Ore Eaters (not the current ones :P) and no nightshades. Do actual herbalists and miners get different results from the open world?

I have compiled community knowledge & data about pet battle abilities!
https://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19507

Graven
Pet Score:5307
Realm:Terenas-eu

Post by Graven » March 15th, 2017, 4:05 am

Saw 1 Ore Eater from my garrison mines (8 characters) throughout the whole of WoD. Got a 2nd one the other day from mining a node in Tanaan, so he's rare but definitely still drops. Ore Eater and Nightshade were always pets to purchase anyway; no point driving yourself mad trying to farm something when they are available on the AH for not much gold.