Required currency for 7.2 COH pets will be lowered!

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Flohsakk
Pet Score:13312
Realm:Blackhand-eu
Required currency for 7.2 COH pets will be lowered!

Post by Flohsakk » March 2nd, 2017, 9:34 pm

Jeremy Feasel aka @Muffinus made a post on the official forums:
https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20753098752?page=6

Muffinus wrote:Hi everyone! Thanks for your feedback, wanted to drop in a few updates/notes.

In the next build, you'll see that the required currency for each bonus item has dropped from 10000 to 1000 Order Hall Resources. We agree that the "hard part" of getting the bonus items should be maxing out your artifact, not the grind afterwards.

In 7.2, we want these bonuses to feel like a badge of honor for players that have unlocked the final ability on their empowered artifact. For some time they'll be pretty exclusive, and this is intentional. It makes sense for the Blood Death Knight, with their bloody mount, to also have the Bloodbrood Whelpling, showing off their dedication to their specialization.

It's also important to note that we also have no plans to remove these items in the future, and we will re-evaluate their acquisition in a post-artifact world. If you don't want to go for them right now, don't worry, you won't be permanently missing out on anything.

I hope this assuages some of your concerns. As always, we're looking forward to your continued feedback!

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13896
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Re: Required currency for 7.2 COH pets will be lowered!

Post by Quintessence » March 3rd, 2017, 12:05 am

Please note that any discussion on this subject must remain respectful and friendly. Off-topic responses will be removed from this thread.

On OP: I'm very glad to hear a response from the devs! It's always good to have some reassurance about unknowns.

Lowered cost is a nice little concession, and although it's not the compromise I had in mind, it's still something. ^_^

The biggest part for me is their plan to re-evaluate how the pets will be collected post-Legion. Hopefully there are sufficient catch-up mechanics so my alts can continue their journey past 110 and transition into new expansion content without missing out on their class rewards.

I know this dev response won't address all concerns and issues for everyone, but I hope that this change plus the increased AK makes the 7.2 class pets seem a little more reasonable for some collectors. Happy collecting!
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Peterc
Pet Score:5382
Realm:Outland-eu

Post by Peterc » March 3rd, 2017, 2:07 am

While I still feel the overall direction pet collecting is going is wrong, this statement is good enough for me as it puts no time limit of the pet availability and it implies they will be easier to get in future expansions.

Just need a similar statement regarding Prestige pets and all would be reasonably good in the Peterc view of the pet collecting world.

Peterc

FuxieDK
Pet Score:13645
BattleTag®:FuxieDK#2678
Realm:Draenor-eu

Post by FuxieDK » March 3rd, 2017, 3:12 am

While the OHR ofc is an issue, the primary problem still lies with the Artifact requirement..

But 1000 OHR is much easier to farm or send from main to alts..

Darkchyld
Pet Score:13668
BattleTag®:Darkchyld#1345
Realm:Tichondrius-us

Post by Darkchyld » March 3rd, 2017, 8:45 am

With the the current PTR patch, AK goes up to 50 so I don't think it will be that bad. You'll have to wait like 3 months, but that'll give more time to level up your alts.

Nagini
Top Rater
Pet Score:9683
Realm:Kael'thas-us

Post by Nagini » March 3rd, 2017, 9:46 am

While maybe not the perfect solution, this will certainly speed things up towards the end. I'm happy it looks like they're listening, and hopefully this will help put people more at ease.

Killerkarl
Pet Score:13815
Realm:Sen'jin-us

Post by Killerkarl » March 3rd, 2017, 11:22 am

Glad to see that the ability to get them will not be removed, that was really my only concern about them.

What is the deal with reducing the cost of them? I have hundreds of thousands of Order Hall Resources now. The new stuff coming in 7.2 will barely put a dent in the stockpile.

FuxieDK

Post by FuxieDK » March 3rd, 2017, 1:22 pm

Killerkarl wrote:Glad to see that the ability to get them will not be removed, that was really my only concern about them.

What is the deal with reducing the cost of them? I have hundreds of thousands of Order Hall Resources now. The new stuff coming in 7.2 will barely put a dent in the stockpile.
You need the OHR on your alts, not your main..

Currently, the only way to give alts OHR, is to trade Blood of Sargeras to BoA OHR...
Before you needed 50 Bloods per pet.. Now you only need 5...

Minivivi
MVP
Pet Score:12541
Realm:Medivh-us

Post by Minivivi » March 3rd, 2017, 1:42 pm

FuxieDK wrote:
Killerkarl wrote:Glad to see that the ability to get them will not be removed, that was really my only concern about them.

Currently, the only way to give alts OHR, is to trade Blood of Sargeras to BoA OHR...
Would you explain in a little more detail how to trade the Blood of Sargeras?

Noel
Pet Score:13092
Realm:Kel'Thuzad-us

Post by Noel » March 3rd, 2017, 1:51 pm

There's a vendor in Dalaran that lets you trade a blood for 200 order hall resources; useful for alts that have collected a few bloods but are short on resources because you're not running massive world quests.

Now that AK can scale to 50 its really not bad to unlock all traits. Now that the time limit is removed I'm totally ok with it.

Prestige fatigue is still getting me but I'm 178 days from getting my 2nd pvp pets...soon™

Gráinne
Pet Score:13284
Realm:Magtheridon-eu

Post by Gráinne » March 3rd, 2017, 2:30 pm

This is a nice confirmation that the pets are not going away. Reducing the OR is nice as well.

I still dread levelling Monk, but the people worried about the AP grind should look at the numbers at AK50. Admittedly, we won't see AK50 for quite a while, but when we do, our AP is boosted by a factor of half a million, and each World Quest or daily dungeon will give (cue Dr. Evil) one to two HUNDRED MEEELLION artefact power. :)

My monk will be going into hibernation when I get him to 110, until I can send him the AK45 tome. Then he can sleep fitfully for five more weeks, get up, and finish his artefact with a stretch and yawn.

Muffinus is right that these pets will be pretty exclusive until we're all seeing AK50, but after that they will fall into our laps.

Paladance
Pet Score:12412
Realm:Burning Legion-eu

Post by Paladance » March 3rd, 2017, 2:55 pm

Noel wrote:There's a vendor in Dalaran that lets you trade a blood for 200 order hall resources; useful for alts that have collected a few bloods but are short on resources because you're not running massive world quests.
The pile of resources is account-wide, getting 20 BoS on a main should not be a problem at all if you don't craft a lot. :)

I have compiled community knowledge & data about pet battle abilities!
https://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19507

FuxieDK

Post by FuxieDK » March 3rd, 2017, 2:55 pm

Minivivi wrote:
FuxieDK wrote:

Would you explain in a little more detail how to trade the Blood of Sargeras?
Blood-Trader in Dalaran: 1 Blood -> 200 OHR in a BoA crate.

Jemis
Pet Score:4969
Realm:Terenas-us

Post by Jemis » March 3rd, 2017, 5:48 pm

Gráinne wrote:This is a nice confirmation that the pets are not going away. Reducing the OR is nice as well.

I still dread levelling Monk, but the people worried about the AP grind should look at the numbers at AK50. Admittedly, we won't see AK50 for quite a while, but when we do, our AP is boosted by a factor of half a million, and each World Quest or daily dungeon will give (cue Dr. Evil) one to two HUNDRED MEEELLION artefact power. :)

My monk will be going into hibernation when I get him to 110, until I can send him the AK45 tome. Then he can sleep fitfully for five more weeks, get up, and finish his artefact with a stretch and yawn.

Muffinus is right that these pets will be pretty exclusive until we're all seeing AK50, but after that they will fall into our laps.
This is what I don't understand about people discussing the AP grind on alts. Even now, getting to a "max" artifact at 35 is pretty fast. On most of my alts, I send a tome for AK 20, and then am about 30 traits in just from doing a few WQs/campaign. At AK25, hit up the Suramar quest line and that gets them to 35 in a short time.

With the new AK up to 50, this will be even less of an issue.

Harpooha
MVP
Pet Score:12995
Realm:Aggramar-us

Post by Harpooha » March 3rd, 2017, 5:57 pm

As I suspected. it's pretty much a reward for someone playing their class rather than a poke in the eye at collectors. As someone who mains a druid, I really wish it had been more like this for us. There's no pride in having a pet that's so easily given. And it makes it seem even more worthless when I have to delete several after getting the first one.

But for everyone dreading the grind, use your imagination! I have a goblin mage who has leveled from 15 to 48 just on Albono Buzzard duty (with occasional visits to the DMF). I would imagine you could skip a lot of grinding with cooking, fishing and pat battle dailies. Lunar Festival and Hallow's Eve are good sources of XP. And even PvP battles give XP.

At some point you'll have to do some questing to gear them up. But there are many avenues to leveling characters.

FuxieDK

Post by FuxieDK » March 3rd, 2017, 6:02 pm

Jemis wrote:
Gráinne wrote:This is a nice confirmation that the pets are not going away. Reducing the OR is nice as well.

This is what I don't understand about people discussing the AP grind on alts. Even now, getting to a "max" artifact at 35 is pretty fast. On most of my alts, I send a tome for AK 20, and then am about 30 traits in just from doing a few WQs/campaign. At AK25, hit up the Suramar quest line and that gets them to 35 in a short time.

Just remember, AK50 will take 25x5=125 days or ~4 months to achieve in itself...

Jemis
Pet Score:4969
Realm:Terenas-us

Post by Jemis » March 3rd, 2017, 6:19 pm

FuxieDK wrote:
Jemis wrote:

Just remember, AK50 will take 25x5=125 days or ~4 months to achieve in itself...
Sure, but as I said, I'm not in a hurry to get the pets as soon as the patch releases. It's not a grind if you wait and do it once you get AK up?

Noel
Pet Score:13092
Realm:Kel'Thuzad-us

Post by Noel » March 3rd, 2017, 7:47 pm

@Harpooha I levelled my priest to 110 by "accident" levelling all the new pets in Legion; she had iLvl 640 gear...ouch! Definitely for those going out to level take a break or run a dungeon or something to get your gear up a bit :)

@Gráinne I have the exact plan for my lazy panda lol stretch read an AK 45 book, hibernate for another 25 days and then grind it out :)

Uduwudu
Pet Score:11571
Realm:Draka-us

Post by Uduwudu » March 3rd, 2017, 8:04 pm

Peterc wrote:While I still feel the overall direction pet collecting is going is wrong, this statement is good enough for me as it puts no time limit of the pet availability and it implies they will be easier to get in future expansions.
Peterc
I'm not sure it will be easier, specially since in every single expansion, the reality of the payment procedures changes, and a new currency of some sort is now available. Thus, stating that it won't change the NOW of things, except that the lower requirement for the next level of the CoH, will be easier than it was BEFORE you got to that point ... You already got to the top of the hill! You do not have to continue climbing so hard anymore ... but then, there will be other content that is more compelling than continuing this one, and a Battle Pet is not likely to be a very special and important part of your Legion Hall abilities and procedures.

I like the statement to a point. But I am not sure it gives us more questions than it does answers! It might answer one little thing ... but if the game's direction is to the right, instead of left, then you are not helping yourself .. you will get a pet, but against the grain of the game moving forward?

I need to consult the Oracle of Fu Manchu ... something is missing here!

Badpathing
MVP
Pet Score:12840
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Badpathing » March 3rd, 2017, 11:48 pm

There it is, all the confirmation you needed here. The pets are not made for pet collectors, they will be around in the future, the grind at 50 is minimal.

Maybe we can stop being upset about this now.