More pvp pet achieves please!

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Stark
Top Rater
Pet Score:7569
BattleTag®:Eve#1598
Realm:Illidan-us
More pvp pet achieves please!

Post by Stark » March 3rd, 2017, 1:37 pm

As someone who has over 10,000 pvp wins, I've been hoping Blizzard would create some incentive for the more diehard players. I thought I'd share some ideas and invite you guys to do the same.

Win 100 pvp pet battles with 3 of each of same pet family for all the familes. This could mix up people running the typical meta teams, find new synergies and niche pets. Completing all the achieves could reward a unique pet.

World Champion Brawler - win 10,000 PvP pet battles
Reward: Title <the Very Best> (like no one ever was)

World Champion Pet Battler - win 10,000 PvE pet battles
Reward: Title <the Critter King/Queen>

I may have gotten carried away with rewards/requirements (and I know some achievement perfectionists don't want such time consuming tasks, but I like having goals to work towards.)

Gráinne
Pet Score:13284
Realm:Magtheridon-eu

Re: More pvp pet achieves please!

Post by Gráinne » March 3rd, 2017, 2:52 pm

Stark wrote:As someone who has over 10,000 pvp wins
*gulp*

/backs away slowly

:D

While you're here, thank you for the team. I bring it out fairly regularly, as a solid standard that is interesting to play against most opposition (except Teroclaws!)

When you get over the 5,000 number, or even over the 1,000, you're talking about a very few people and a very long grind, so it seems unfair to gate pets and mounts behind them. Your titles are excellent! My priest battler would love "the Very Best". Toys, perhaps? I don't think anyone aspires to completionism with toys.

My thoughts are more on the beginner and short-term experience with pet PvP. I'd like to see things changed up on a weekly basis, more than the very long term, to get more people and variety into the queue. I'll take the opportunity to post my wish list again here:

- A better - and more reliable - victory/loss experience. Quite a number of times, I just get a "Battle Finished" message, even when I win. Even the "You Won" message is underwhelming. A good animation and sound would be nice.

- Multiple PvP quests per week, with variations.
-- Win 10 battles. (Current quest.)
-- Kill 10 opponent pets in PvP. (Less disheartening for beginners.)
-- Kill 20 opponent pets in PvP. (Less disheartening for beginners.)
-- Win 5 battles using only pets that begin with the letter "R" (or "B", or "E" ... - random choice)
-- Win 5 battles in which one of your pets is randomly downscaled to White quality.

Wootzy
Top Rater
Pet Score:5165
Realm:Silvermoon-eu

Post by Wootzy » March 3rd, 2017, 6:49 pm

I wish for a new battle pet class, where you get to build your own pet (within families and abilities in game).
Only one pet allowed per team. What we need is more variarity to keep things shaken up imho.
:?: :!:

Wootzy
Top Rater

Post by Wootzy » March 3rd, 2017, 7:01 pm

Wootzy wrote:I wish for a new battle pet class, where you get to build your own pet (within families and abilities in game).
Only one pet allowed per team. What we need is more variarity to keep things shaken up imho. Who needs numbers?
I want fun battles.
edit: :oops: sorry, edited the added edit :P

Stark
Top Rater

Post by Stark » March 4th, 2017, 3:44 pm

Gráinne wrote:When you get over the 5,000 number, or even over the 1,000, you're talking about a very few people and a very long grind, so it seems unfair to gate pets and mounts behind them. Your titles are excellent! My priest battler would love "the Very Best". Toys, perhaps? I don't think anyone aspires to completionism with toys.

My thoughts are more on the beginner and short-term experience with pet PvP. I'd like to see things changed up on a weekly basis, more than the very long term, to get more people and variety into the queue. I'll take the opportunity to post my wish list again here:

- A better - and more reliable - victory/loss experience. Quite a number of times, I just get a "Battle Finished" message, even when I win. Even the "You Won" message is underwhelming. A good animation and sound would be nice.

- Multiple PvP quests per week, with variations.
-- Win 10 battles. (Current quest.)
-- Kill 10 opponent pets in PvP. (Less disheartening for beginners.)
-- Kill 20 opponent pets in PvP. (Less disheartening for beginners.)
-- Win 5 battles using only pets that begin with the letter "R" (or "B", or "E" ... - random choice)
-- Win 5 battles in which one of your pets is randomly downscaled to White quality.
Fair point. A common complaint for some pet perfectionists is the dire horn that requires 250 wins. Some just aren't into pvp. A toy or flavor item would be better.

The point I'm going for is that there really isn't that much incentive past 1000 wins for the title. 5000 took me YEARS and all I've got for it is 5 points.

I'm in total agreement with your point on short term rewards. I've been an advocate for awarding experience/stones for close losses or ties so you don't leave a battle too upset.

Edit
@Wootzy I love the idea. I've myself even created my own Fandom pets. The real issue would be balancing that.

Drudatz
Top Rater
Pet Score:10205
Realm:Kul Tiras-eu

Post by Drudatz » March 5th, 2017, 10:05 am

Wootzy wrote:I wish for a new battle pet class, where you get to build your own pet (within families and abilities in game).
Only one pet allowed per team. What we need is more variarity to keep things shaken up imho.
what for? people will ALLWAYS use fotm pets to get it over with fast.
and yes we need achis for 10k, 30k etc pvp wins (with pets please :))

Wootzy
Top Rater

Post by Wootzy » March 5th, 2017, 10:51 am

Why would you want to get it over with fast? Are you not enjoying it? Or is it perhaps because of the archieves? ;)
Give us tournaments, or something to improve the game.

@Stark - Fandom pets? Sounds cool.

Stark
Top Rater

Post by Stark » March 7th, 2017, 12:01 pm

Wootzy wrote:@Stark - Fandom pets? Sounds cool.
As long as it was non-combat. Otherwise you'll get pets with ragnaros stats, Graves prenerf moves etc and mechanic racial or I imagine worse!

Stark
Top Rater

Post by Stark » March 8th, 2017, 11:15 am

Gráinne wrote:While you're here, thank you for the team. I bring it out fairly regularly, as a solid standard that is interesting to play against most opposition (except Teroclaws!)
Sorry for the late reply. But what team are you referring?

Drudatz
Top Rater
Pet Score:10205
Realm:Kul Tiras-eu

Post by Drudatz » March 8th, 2017, 2:47 pm

Wootzy wrote:Why would you want to get it over with fast? Are you not enjoying it? Or is it perhaps because of the archieves? ;)
You missread me (i like pet pvp - my longest match was over 8 hours :p)
Wootzy wrote:Give us tournaments, or something to improve the game.
Thats 7.2 for you.

Wootzy wrote:@Stark - Fandom pets? Sounds cool.
Oh yes, bring back Anubis 1.0! :D

Digem
MVP
Pet Score:13800
Realm:Fizzcrank-us

Post by Digem » March 9th, 2017, 1:19 pm

As someone that got the 5000 pvp pet battles achievement in mop it would be nice if i had some sort of reason to do pvp pet battles more as I really like it.
However I also see locking pets behind it as very prohibitive to newer or nonpvp pet battlers. At least give us more titles, toys maybe a reusable pet bandage toy so I can dump all my bandages, or at least upgrade stones. As it is now I have little reason to do it anymore sadly.

Gráinne
Pet Score:13284
Realm:Magtheridon-eu

Post by Gráinne » March 10th, 2017, 9:52 am

Stark wrote:But what team are you referring?
You wrote well about Idol, Gnome, Valk a year (or two? :)) ago. I enjoyed the exposition, and that these are all common PvE pets nowadays, and I like that the best way to use the team depends so much on the opponent's team.

I still have it in my lists, and it's one of my go-to teams when I'm unsure what to run.

Stark
Top Rater

Post by Stark » March 20th, 2017, 12:19 pm

Gráinne wrote:
You wrote well about Idol, Gnome, Valk a year (or two? :)) ago. I enjoyed the exposition, and that these are all common PvE pets nowadays, and I like that the best way to use the team depends so much on the opponent's team.

I still have it in my lists, and it's one of my go-to teams when I'm unsure what to run.
Good memory! I'm glad you enjoyed it :)
Biscuit wrote:
Gráinne wrote:
You wrote well about Idol, Gnome, Valk a year (or two? :))
Wait...are Stark and Eve the same person? O_o haha

That's the only person I know who uses that team religiously.
Lol the one and only.

JEC
Pet Score:5503
Realm:Arthas-us

Post by JEC » March 31st, 2017, 11:01 am

I'd like to see an achievement for battling with three pets randomly selected for you. So the emphasis is on thinking on your feet to counter whatever pops up for the other person. Maybe put in the ability to change/confirm what pet is going first before the battle starts.

Cypetcollector
Pet Score:8984
Realm:Twisting Nether-us

Post by Cypetcollector » March 31st, 2017, 10:30 pm

JEC wrote:I'd like to see an achievement for battling with three pets randomly selected for you. So the emphasis is on thinking on your feet to counter whatever pops up for the other person. Maybe put in the ability to change/confirm what pet is going first before the battle starts.
I'd love to see something like this implemented. Say when you reach 200 pets max level you can queue for random pet battles and it pulls 3 unique pets from your available 200 at max level.