Wild Pet Rarity Changes

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Mathew013
MVP
Pet Score:3694
Realm:Ghostlands-us
Wild Pet Rarity Changes

Post by Mathew013 » December 26th, 2012, 11:45 am

If you look closely, sometimes the wild enemy pets change their rarity juuuuust before the battle UI loads up.
Anyone else seeing this?
I could have sworn I just saw a Marsh Fiddler turn from purple (yes, epic!) to Uncommon. :shock:
So, can someone clarify this, please? Are their actual rare/legendary pets to be caught in the wild?
Thank you.

Palatank
Pet Score:7098
Realm:Khadgar-eu

Re: Wild Pet Rarity Changes

Post by Palatank » December 26th, 2012, 12:17 pm

have seen this happen alot of times with help of addons, so its either the addon or fact we cant get epic/legendary pets so they reroll the rareity

Arvelayne
Pet Score:3784
Realm:Frostwhisper-eu

Post by Arvelayne » December 26th, 2012, 12:41 pm

Hi,

It's a known bug, although I don't know if it's a game one or an addon one. There's sometimes a period of lag during the start of the fight where the pets will show the previous battle rarities, so if you had a tamer fight with epic pets then you would still have a short period where the pet in the next fight would start as epic.

Hope that helps.

Arve,
temporalt.

Mathew013
MVP
Pet Score:3694
Realm:Ghostlands-us

Post by Mathew013 » December 26th, 2012, 1:42 pm

Well, that's disappointing; was kinda hoping there would be a 0.0000001% chance of grabbing an epic or legendary pet in the wild. Thanks for clarifying though.

NathKnave
Top Rater
Pet Score:6469
Realm:Aerie Peak-us

Post by NathKnave » December 26th, 2012, 7:36 pm

I see this quite a bit. I think what happens is that, when you start a battle and the UI changes, it loads the rarities from the last battle you fought. It seems to only happen with the secondary pets though. It's pretty easy to see it when your last fight was against a tamer and the secondary pets show as epic or legendary before their actual rarity is shown. It sucks though when you start a battle and see that rare you've been searching for hours for change to common or poor.