Share pet collecting news and advice.
Milotha
Top Rater
Pet Score:5471
BattleTag®:milotha#1158
Realm:Silver Hand-us
Your Favorite Mount and Pet Combo

Post by Milotha » February 19th, 2017, 10:53 am

I got my Spirit of Eche'ro today (spirit moose mount) and then immediately went to look for a pet to pair with it - Baby Elderhorn. I usually sport my White Polar Bear and Anodized RoboCub or the Dancing Bear and Darkshore Cub. The kinda matching mount and pet combos. Anyone else do this?

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13864
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Re: Your Favorite Mount and Pet Combo

Post by Quintessence » February 19th, 2017, 10:59 am

Yes! I don't have a favorite though. I try and match whenever I can, but I usually use /randompet so sometimes the pet that pops out just doesn't have a mount equivalent. ;)

[url=http://www.warcraftmounts.com/]WarcraftMounts[/url] has a neat feature for certain mount pages: recommended matching battle pets.

Examples: [url=http://www.warcraftmounts.com/mounts/redprotodrake.php]Red Proto-Drake page[/url] suggests [pet]Proto-Drake Whelp[/pet], and [url=http://www.warcraftmounts.com/mounts/swiftforeststrider.php]Swift Forest Strider page[/url] suggests [pet]Darkmoon Hatchling[/pet]

Pretty handy when looking for a mount/pet combo. :)
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Graven
Pet Score:5307
Realm:Terenas-eu

Post by Graven » February 21st, 2017, 7:10 am

One of my favourites at the moment is a brains & brawn combo; Minion of Grumpus already has a matching Grumpling but for some reason I think he goes well with Baby Winston instead.

Another one is my hunter, who wears the brown Gronnstalkers transmog. It's not a proper match but I think she looks good on her Coalfist Gronnling, with Chimaeron and its matching Lanticore Spawnling mini-me. When I get around to it I will get the item to turn Hati into a Chimaeron too, for the full Beast Tamer look. :)

Milotha
Top Rater

Post by Milotha » February 22nd, 2017, 7:07 am

Quintessence wrote:Yes! I don't have a favorite though. I try and match whenever I can, but I usually use /randompet so sometimes the pet that pops out just doesn't have a mount equivalent. ;)

WarcraftMounts has a neat feature for certain mount pages: recommended matching battle pets.

Examples: Red Proto-Drake page suggests [pet]Proto-Drake Whelp[/pet], and Swift Forest Strider page suggests [pet]Darkmoon Hatchling[/pet]

Pretty handy when looking for a mount/pet combo. :)

Thanks for the info. I had forgotten about /randompet. I was trying to avoid looking at Warcraft Mounts least the mount collecting bug hit me again :) Curse you head of mim

Wootzy
Top Rater
Pet Score:5165
Realm:Silvermoon-eu

Post by Wootzy » February 22nd, 2017, 12:57 pm

Milotha wrote:I got my Spirit of Eche'ro today (spirit moose mount) and then immediately went to look for a pet to pair with it - Baby Elderhorn. I usually sport my White Polar Bear and Anodized RoboCub or the Dancing Bear and Darkshore Cub. The kinda matching mount and pet combos. Anyone else do this?
Yep. On my Dwarf hunter I ride the blue moose Eche'ro, along his little brother Bulvinkel as Hati,
spirit bear Arcturis as my hunter per, and a Dwarf just needs a rabbit: Ziggy Stardust (or the Ultratonk). Loving it.
Got a cool matching gun too! :P :P
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/m ... ter/simple

My holy grail is the Spectral Gryphon, I feel very sad she's not obtainable anymore. :(
Or is she??

Peanutty
Pet Score:9635
Realm:Kil'jaeden-us

Post by Peanutty » February 22nd, 2017, 3:01 pm

Wootzy wrote:My holy grail is the Spectral Gryphon, I feel very sad she's not obtainable anymore. :(
Or is she??
Unfortunately it was retired when they removed the Scroll of Resurrection program.

Milotha
Top Rater

Post by Milotha » February 24th, 2017, 6:14 pm

Wootzy wrote:
Milotha wrote:I got my Spirit of Eche'ro today (spirit moose mount) and then immediately went to look for a pet to pair with it - Baby Elderhorn. I usually sport my White Polar Bear and Anodized RoboCub or the Dancing Bear and Darkshore Cub. The kinda matching mount and pet combos. Anyone else do this?
Yep. On my Dwarf hunter I ride the blue moose Eche'ro, along his little brother Bulvinkel as Hati,
spirit bear Arcturis as my hunter per, and a Dwarf just needs a rabbit: Ziggy Stardust (or the Ultratonk). Loving it.
Got a cool matching gun too! :P :P
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/m ... ter/simple

My holy grail is the Spectral Gryphon, I feel very sad she's not obtainable anymore. :(
Or is she??
Or the astral cloud serpent mount would be cool too.

Wootzy
Top Rater
Pet Score:5165
Realm:Silvermoon-eu

Post by Wootzy » February 25th, 2017, 9:54 am

Thanks, yes it would be. I just hate the 1% drop, I'm not doing it. If it was a pet on the other hand.. ;)
All that blue is starting to hurt my eyes anyways, so I've switched back to my polar bears and gryphons.
Transforming into stardust is great fun what you can do!

Milotha
Top Rater

Post by Milotha » March 17th, 2017, 2:28 pm

Got the Arcanist's Manasaber and decided the Brightpaw went well with him. One of these days I will get that fox mount.

Saviya
Pet Score:11609
BattleTag®:Saviya#1875
Realm:Hyjal-us

Post by Saviya » March 21st, 2017, 7:13 am

My favorite set is on my hunter:
Mount: Swift Lovebird
Hunter Pet: Mazzranache
Pet: Mulgore Hatchling

Sile9
Realm:Thunderhorn-us

Post by Sile9 » March 21st, 2017, 11:05 pm

On my engineer themed dwarf hunter, Sky-Bo to go with his Sky Golem mount and teal mechanical scorpid pet.

For my frost death knight, Fragment of Desire with the Acherus Deathcharger.

Ebil
Pet Score:11957
Realm:Moon Guard-us

Post by Ebil » March 24th, 2017, 12:03 pm

I used to have a farmer's transmog with the magic rooster and pygmy cow combo. I would also sub in the turnip or carrot as a pet at times.

Sadlly I have dagger and off-hand so I don't use that transmog anymore.

Milotha
Top Rater

Post by Milotha » March 24th, 2017, 12:29 pm

Ebil wrote:I used to have a farmer's transmog with the magic rooster and pygmy cow combo. I would also sub in the turnip or carrot as a pet at times.

Sadlly I have dagger and off-hand so I don't use that transmog anymore.
Oh, I love the theme.

Milotha
Top Rater

Post by Milotha » March 24th, 2017, 1:30 pm

Today I got Ratstallion. The giant sewer rat seemed the obvious choice.

Sffcorgi
MVP
Pet Score:13552
BattleTag®:Corgi#1919
Realm:Wyrmrest Accord-us

Post by Sffcorgi » March 24th, 2017, 3:49 pm

My Gilnean Hunter had the wolf mount from Frostfire Ridge, a tamed wolf from Darkshire and either Li'l Bad Wolf or the Worg Pup. Wolfception!