Hateful Eye? Terrible drop chance?

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Badpathing
MVP
Pet Score:12840
Realm:Proudmoore-us
Re: Hateful Eye? Terrible drop chance?

Post by Badpathing » February 14th, 2017, 2:09 pm

FuxieDK wrote:My DH alt is parked in the boss room.. And for Love-event, I log it daily, trying to get the pink rocket..

EVERY DAY, have I been able to summon the boss.. And done so, while in queue to SFK..
Yeah, no idea what the deal is. Maybe I'm just being dumb :/

Killerkarl
Pet Score:13815
Realm:Sen'jin-us

Post by Killerkarl » February 14th, 2017, 2:54 pm

Badpathing wrote:So my question of, "how are you doing this every day?" is really, "how are you eligible to loot this every day?",
Don't know what to tell you. I have been getting loot off of them every day whether I summon them or jump in on a kill when I log in. The only problem I run into is sometimes the book is not there, but if I check back a little later it is there.

Auryona
MVP
Pet Score:5343
Realm:Tichondrius-us

Post by Auryona » February 14th, 2017, 4:35 pm

Badpathing wrote:
FuxieDK wrote:My DH alt is parked in the boss room.. And for Love-event, I log it daily, trying to get the pink rocket..

EVERY DAY, have I been able to summon the boss.. And done so, while in queue to SFK..
Are you looting everything off it? There have been issues in the past where if you don't loot everything it doesn't reset your loot eligibility because you haven't "looted" the previous kill yet, even if the items are mailed to you. Try making sure to always take everything off the boss, even the buffs you don't use (just delete them after you loot them if you don't want them).

FuxieDK
Pet Score:13645
BattleTag®:FuxieDK#2678
Realm:Draenor-eu

Post by FuxieDK » February 15th, 2017, 3:45 am

Anyone else have problems with warlock quest?

Yesterday, I couldn't get the quest; the NPC didn't have a quest for me.. I tried reloading, I looked through my quest log (in case I had forgotten it was already there), I checked my OH "talents" (in case, for an unknown reason they had been reset) but nothing helped.

I went to the portal and joined a group for the kill (without quest) and I was unable to loot the boss (probably because I didn't have the quest)..

My DH had no problem looting the boss, but that doesn't require a quest..

Tarty
Top Rater
Pet Score:13702
Realm:Runetotem-eu

Post by Tarty » February 15th, 2017, 6:19 am

Badpathing wrote: Yes, I know how it works..what I should have said is that I am not able to loot him every day. Regardless of whether or not I spawn it, tag a currently summoned demon or even wait and respawn it.

The thing is, the book glows when you are 'eligible' for the kill. It doesn't glow every day, and seems to be more like every 2-3 days (as I said before).

So my question of, "how are you doing this every day?" is really, "how are you eligible to loot this every day?",
This happen to me too, for some reason I'm not able to do the Elite every day! I try every day around midnight, but not every day I'm able to click on the book.
My DH is level 110 and it's quite impossible to find any group for kill the Elite. Even if I find other players waiting to summon the Boss, they are mostly reluctant to make a party.

Its more frustrating than fun... actually RNG in Legion is bad for me:
1) I have a lock alt for daily attempt to Albino Buzzard, was level 36 now is 44 and zero drop!
2) I do all Kirin tor emissary WQ with my main and Alts.. never see the quest for the Wonderous Wisdomball
3) Same for Thistkeleaf Adventurer, never able to find it

Are the two Druid's pet so miserable dropping too?
Should I use a boost for creating a druid, but if the situation is like this, the only idea of spending months and months, trying every day to find the two pet, with no results ... depresses me! :/

Nagini
Top Rater
Pet Score:9683
Realm:Kael'thas-us

Post by Nagini » February 15th, 2017, 8:14 am

The druid pets seem to have a much higher drop chance then the eye, I got both in my first week (3ish attempts at planting stuff). I stopped replanting because i kept getting so many and destroying them.

The two pest from emissary boxes seem extremely rare to me, the ball goes for 100k+ and i've never even seen the thistleleaf on the AH.

FuxieDK

Post by FuxieDK » February 15th, 2017, 8:41 am

Nagini wrote:The druid pets seem to have a much higher drop chance then the eye, I got both in my first week (3ish attempts at planting stuff). I stopped replanting because i kept getting so many and destroying them.

The two pest from emissary boxes seem extremely rare to me, the ball goes for 100k+ and i've never even seen the thistleleaf on the AH.
I planted 40+ plots before I got the first pet... 10-15 more for the other..
Since then, I've gotten 2 more of one of them (forgotten the name)..

I bought ball for 100K and Thistleleaf for 60K on my server.. The latter is almost always present on Draenor-EU AH..

Blank
Pet Score:3945
Realm:Antonidas-eu

Post by Blank » February 15th, 2017, 10:46 am

Performed the ritual of doom 20 or maybe 30 times with my lock, gained two eyes in that time.
Seems that they trimmed the droprate or that i'm a lucker in this case...

Both druid pets receivable from the classhall drop remarkable oftener, got may ten Broot and four Nightmare Lasher.

Badpathing
MVP

Post by Badpathing » February 15th, 2017, 3:14 pm

Auryona wrote:
Badpathing wrote:

Are you looting everything off it? There have been issues in the past where if you don't loot everything it doesn't reset your loot eligibility because you haven't "looted" the previous kill yet, even if the items are mailed to you. Try making sure to always take everything off the boss, even the buffs you don't use (just delete them after you loot them if you don't want them).
wow, this might be it. I have tons of stuff in my mail box accruing since I have 5 of each of the buff items already. I'll nuke them and make sure it's a clean loot each time.

Thanks.

Elissaria

Post by Elissaria » February 16th, 2017, 9:55 pm

Unfortunately, I have 100 tracked attempts so far on my Demon Hunter. :( :(
I even invite my friends that have DH to kill it with me if they are on. Lol. Its getting a tad bit ridic.
I started leveling my Warlock for another daily chance. >.<

Emarka
Pet Score:11024
Realm:Bronzebeard-us

Post by Emarka » February 17th, 2017, 2:59 pm

Auryona wrote:
Badpathing wrote:

Just throwing my two cents out there, but this has definitely not been the case for me. I have about 30 days worth of DH empowerment tokens sitting in my mailbox from killing the 105 miniboss daily at a chance for the hidden skin, but I've still gotten three Hateful Eyes in that time. I really wish I could trade my spares to you guys who've been farming this for so long.

Killerkarl
Pet Score:13815
Realm:Sen'jin-us

Post by Killerkarl » February 17th, 2017, 4:08 pm

Finally got mine yesterday. Good luck to everyone still trying for it.

Badpathing
MVP

Post by Badpathing » February 23rd, 2017, 5:08 pm

Just as an update, no pet yet..however, clearing out my mailbox made it so that I was loot-eligible every day once again.

Beanie
Pet Score:3277
Realm:Stormrage-eu

Post by Beanie » February 26th, 2017, 6:41 am

Just to add to my post (it may or may not help) but I do not have the quest on my warlock as I chose the other option on the upgrades but I can still help summon/kill the boss and get loot. Good luck to those still trying to get an eye.

Minivivi
MVP
Pet Score:12541
Realm:Medivh-us

Post by Minivivi » February 26th, 2017, 12:40 pm

Yesterday: I'm so used to NOT getting the pet that I only noticed when I opened my bags to delete the buffs that I had received the Hateful Eyeful.
It was a long, long time coming but it finally happened.
Never give up, never surrender.

Drudatz
Top Rater
Pet Score:10205
Realm:Kul Tiras-eu

Post by Drudatz » February 26th, 2017, 7:06 pm

I know its just my luck but I got the dh/lock pet the second time I did the boss on my dh :D
couldnt belive my luck from comin from all this people in this thread sayin it takes long.

FuxieDK

Post by FuxieDK » March 4th, 2017, 5:27 pm

Weeeeeeeee...

I logged my DH last night, and a fight was already in progress (50% left).. Hurried to toss my glaives and then join the fight..
84th kill was the charm..

Now I finally have the eye...

Dalandius
Pet Score:13133
Realm:Earthen Ring-us

Post by Dalandius » March 5th, 2017, 2:48 pm

It is rare but atleast you can do it every day and it is quick, unlike the Wonderous Wisdomball which is tied to Kirin Tor emissary chest (World Quest reward) :/

Jazeel
Pet Score:9583
Realm:Saurfang-us

Post by Jazeel » March 5th, 2017, 5:55 pm

got my lock to 105 last week, 3 days later got hateful eye. Have now also got 5 albino buzzards, enough broots to form a platoon, but the knock off blingtron, gah gah and double gah, every day I use a bling 6K and nada.