Prestige fatigue

Share pet collecting news and advice.
FuxieDK
Pet Score:13645
BattleTag®:FuxieDK#2678
Realm:Draenor-eu
Prestige fatigue

Post by FuxieDK » February 5th, 2017, 10:31 am

Do you know the feeling? You want the prestige pet, but grinding it, makes you vomit...

The first pet is easy: Reach honor 50.... Then I did some more farming to get the mount from 4x20 500 honor WQs.

I'm now at 1/37, which is roughly 20-25% of the way to 6/50, and have completely lost my will to do anymore honor related stuff, let alone start all over on my only Alliance too, to get those two pets too..
And since I play Druid, I'm not even lucky enough to have an Order Hall option to farm and the that way.

What was Blizzard thinking? Every pet from raids are cagable, but the PvP ones need to be BoP..

Killerkarl
Pet Score:13815
Realm:Sen'jin-us

Re: Prestige fatigue

Post by Killerkarl » February 5th, 2017, 11:44 am

I am getting the 6/50 prestige pet Monday. Yes it is getting boring but fortunately it doesn't take very long to run the 3 towers every day and I usually do them as I am drinking my first cup in the morning. The 4 500 honor quests take no time at all, usually less than 2 minutes to do. The fortunate thing is that I can usually knock out the emissary quests for a zone by just doing the PvP quests in that zone over the 3 days so I don't take more time doing those.

I guess I am lucky that I feel this way since I have at least another 10 levels to grind if I want to get the pets for season 3 and 4.

Peterc
Pet Score:5382
Realm:Outland-eu

Post by Peterc » February 5th, 2017, 12:45 pm

I gave up a while ago (see other Posts on this subjects) but a few of questions;
1. When will we know if Season 3/4 has pets involved (likely I know but still hopefully they will stop at Season 2)
2. Why call them Seasons as they do not reset at the start of each Season? They could have just released them all in one go with some mechanic which limited progress?
3. With 'Season 3' any talk of an improved catch-up mechanic to get into 'Season' 2' levels faster?

Assuming they proceed as expected my next 'hope' would be that they become purchasable with Marks of Honour (or whatever is in the next expansion) so they can still be obtained. Like they have kept the existing pet in Bawlers Guild following relaunch.

Seeing a way forward would get me back into collecting.

Peterc (In game pet collector - retired)

Darolyn
Pet Score:5488
BattleTag®:Thaliana#1794
Realm:Kael'thas-us

Post by Darolyn » February 5th, 2017, 2:36 pm

I just thought of something.

If I get, say, the Alliance Prestige 1 pet on a toon I later faction change, will I lose the pet? That will GREATLY impact which Alliance toon I choose to grind honor on...I'm currently doing it slowly on my warrior, but I miss my warrior now that I mainly play Horde, and I'm considering faction transfer....

Any thoughts?
Thaliana#1794 - My WoW account has 50 toons, so I would so greatly appreciate people creating toons on Kael'Thas or Ghostlands to trade with me. <3

FuxieDK
Pet Score:13645
BattleTag®:FuxieDK#2678
Realm:Draenor-eu

Post by FuxieDK » February 5th, 2017, 2:44 pm

Darolyn wrote:I just thought of something.

If I get, say, the Alliance Prestige 1 pet on a toon I later faction change, will I lose the pet? That will GREATLY impact which Alliance toon I choose to grind honor on...I'm currently doing it slowly on my warrior, but I miss my warrior now that I mainly play Horde, and I'm considering faction transfer....

Any thoughts?
Faction chance doesn't change anything. Pets are stored in your battle.net account, not the toons.

Milotha
Top Rater
Pet Score:5471
BattleTag®:milotha#1158
Realm:Silver Hand-us

Post by Milotha » February 18th, 2017, 5:30 pm

I got about as far as you and lost the will to do it. Soo many tower assaults or waiting till pvp weekend bonus. Yet one more pet on the wontbegettingthat list.

Ebil
Pet Score:11957
Realm:Moon Guard-us

Post by Ebil » February 23rd, 2017, 11:38 am

I just got the first pet today but I am doing it the lazy way, mostly using the order WQ complete upgrade. It is slow going but I get 500 honor a day for just clicking a few buttons.